Darren Lockyer When will he be back for the Broncos

L

Locky21

Mar 10, 2008
I really need to know because it's just the same without him in the side.

When he's fit, unless he gets selfish again and rushes back for Origin 2

His official return is expected in round 16, however it may be a few more on top of that.

I hope a bit later than sooner. He is going to try to start running this week-end - am hearing whispers he is trying to get back for Origin 2 and Meniga has said he's select him even if he doesn't play any club games beforehand - bad idea in my opinion - rushing back too early will only end in disaster.

I wonder if that't what will really be happening. For the Broncos Sak lets get Darren back ASAP.

he will be back against parramatta on friday night

Locky21 said:
I wonder if that't what will really be happening. For the Broncos Sak lets get Darren back ASAP.

Actually, for the Broncos sake, let's not get him back until his knee is definitely 100% recovered.

Flutterby said:
Locky21 said:

Actually, for the Broncos sake, let's not get him back until his knee is definitely 100% recovered.

Agree. The absolute most important thing is we get a fully recovered Darren Lockyer. He's critical to our chances and we can't afford to have him out any longer just because he's rushing back. I know he wants to help the club but he's more helpful in the team - not sitting on the bench!

sydney_bronco09 said:
he will be back against parramatta on friday night

So the "late mail" seems to say, as well as back for Origin 2. [eusa_doh [icon_non

If so, IMO, we'll see Locky again briefly in '08 and look forward to him in '09.

Lockyer hasn't started running yet.

He said on the radio the other day he won't risk coming back early.

I hope he comes back soon, but with all his injuries, he will probably retire sooner rather than later
:cry:

All his injuries? A rib injury and a knee reconstruction doesn't force someone to retire.

He'll be back for Origin 2, which will be rated as one of his finest games ever.

Caniffe said:
All his injuries? A rib injury and a knee reconstruction doesn't force someone to retire.

He'll be back for Origin 2, which will be rated as one of his finest games ever.

Till they carry him off on a stretcher.

Hope I'm wrong - about the stretcher that is...

Caniffe said:
a knee reconstruction doesn't force someone to retire.

It does if they keep trying to come back before the knee is fully ready

didnt nic kosef have to retire because of his knee very early in his career?

Active Now

• Locky's Left Boot
  • Morkel
  • Lozza
  • Dash
  • winslow_wong
  • Harry Sack
  • Broncosgirl
  • Mustafur
  • Organix
  • Scorchie
  • Fitzy
  • Johnny92
  • broncos4life
  • Sproj
  • bazza
  • Skyblues87
  • Rough and Ready
  • LittleDavey
  • Horseheadsup
... and 7 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.