Darren Lockyer

I wish he was still playing. I wish he was still captain. That can’t happen - so I wish he would now go away for a while.

Last edited:
I wish he was still playing. I wish he was still captain. That can’t happen - so I wish he would now go away for a while.
If we had someone in our squad even half as good as Lockyer, we’d be a lot better off. 🙁

‘If we had someone in our squad even half as good as Lockyer, we’d be a lot better’
Exactly. If he only possessed the skills and cunning to get that someone here.

Last edited:
We would have won the comp in 2011 if he was able to play in that Manly game. 😢
Who knows.

Brisbane were still half a chance even without Locky but Manly got some pretty lucky calls from the opening exchanges to hit the lead. Whatever chance of a comeback was quickly snuffed out thanks to Copley who unfortunately had a night to forget.

Locky would have made it close, but it just seemed like everything conspired against Brisbane. On the other hand, Manly received a much easier passage and got to play a team that had 40 points put on them in a final.

The best bronco of my lifetime. The only person since Lockyer that I thought could have come close was Karmichael Hunt.

Locky was an Absolute champion player, and every encounter I have ever had with him he was always nice and respectful.

I'm re-reading his autobiography at the moment, prior to re-reading Parkers and the reading Cam Smith's book.

It was really interesting seeing how close he and Bennett were, and also what both of them said about the end of 2005 when Bennett cut Lazarus, Walters and Belcher from the coaching staff.

Who knows.

Brisbane were still half a chance even without Locky but Manly got some pretty lucky calls from the opening exchanges to hit the lead. Whatever chance of a comeback was quickly snuffed out thanks to Copley who unfortunately had a night to forget.

Locky would have made it close, but it just seemed like everything conspired against Brisbane. On the other hand, Manly received a much easier passage and got to play a team that had 40 points put on them in a final.

Didn't we cop like 3 really dodgy penalties in a row at the start? One I remember was a typical Thaiday one where he got nudged in the back, milked it, and we got penalised for a bad play the ball?

Tarnished his rep by going into the boardroom......champion player...one of the best..... Cant even watch the bloke on tv...or listen to his fuckin drivel...gives wendell a run for his money as an abslute fuckwit...wendell has him covered though

Active Now

• BroncosAlways
  • Kev_Guz
  • Lozza
  • Fitzy
  • Emanon
  • BruiserMk1
  • Astro
  • Howie
  • Ironbroncos
  • KickHaas
  • Rookie Alan
  • johnny plath
  • FACTHUNT
  • Robboi_321
  • Wolfie
  • broncos4life
  • winslow_wong
  • Bucking Beads
... and 7 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.