OFFICIAL Dave Donaghy Named New Broncos CEO

Want You Love GIF by FUN WITH FRIDAY

Hooper is saying that the storm believes dave initiated the contract talks with us .

Hooper is saying that the storm believes dave initiated the contract talks with us .
They'd want to have a smoking gun there, because otherwise it's going to be bloody hard to convince the Court that a football club that has been actively looking to recruit to replace a retiring CEO was in fact engaged by Donaghy initially and not the other way around.

I'm not even sure what that would prove anyway as it's not as though you're not allowed to be actively engaging in the job market whilst you're currently employed in Australia.

Last edited:
Does it really matter who initiated contact??

The guy was off contract by January so he's entitled to explore his options.

He would've been aware of the non-compete, but he's arguing that the non-compete is inappropriate anyway.

The caveat being on whether he made contact using his storm email address, etc. but that's not really non-compete that's just misuse of the company equipment.

Does it really matter who initiated contact??

The guy was off contract by January so he's entitled to explore his options.

He would've been aware of the non-compete, but he's arguing that the non-compete is inappropriate anyway.

The caveat being on whether he made contact using his storm email address, etc. but that's not really non-compete that's just misuse of the company equipment.

Storm playing the game i guess

Storm don't think they can win this - there is no chance the clause holds up and they know it.

This is just major sour grapes, trying to punish the Broncos and Dave for daring to leave them.

Seems like an awful big reaction to simply losing one employee, which makes me think:

(1) He's a damn good employee who they're extremely sorry to be losing

(2) There's more to it and maybe the talks with Bellamy were more serious than we all thought

Either way, Broncos better be ready to glove up and take the Storm head on.

Get stuck in, Dave.

I don’t understand what could possibly be the trade secrets they are worried about him stealing?

I don’t understand what could possibly be the trade secrets they are worried about him stealing?

It's the grubby cheating Storm scum we are talking about here. I'm sure there's plenty of secrets that Dave knows about that they're desperate he doesn't reveal.

No trade secrets... more like secret books, secret bank accounts, secret payments... that sort of thing.

It's the grubby cheating Storm scum we are talking about here. I'm sure there's plenty of secrets that Dave knows about that they're desperate he doesn't reveal.

No trade secrets... more like secret books, secret bank accounts, secret payments... that sort of thing.
Kinda counterproductive to publicly sue him then. More effective to send mafia round to have a quiet word with him so I doubt it’s anything dodgy they are worried about. I just don’t see what the trade secrets could possibly be, every other club probably already knows them.

Kinda counterproductive to publicly sue him then. More effective to send mafia round to have a quiet word with him so I doubt it’s anything dodgy they are worried about. I just don’t see what the trade secrets could possibly be, every other club probably already knows them.
Second set of books would be trade secret.

So is he starting work on Monday and is Paul White outta here or what?

They said today that White is likely to take a role with the Brisbane Olympic bid.

Welp, I wouldn't be very forthcoming with funding if I were Annastacia upon hearing that news.

Active Now

• Lazza
  • Battler
  • Spike
  • ChewThePhatt
  • NSW stables
  • Broncorob
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.