OFFICIAL Dave Donaghy Named New Broncos CEO

Brisbane olympics bid sounds like a pipe dream to me. unless the city decides to build 2-3 100k capacity stadiums. Does anyone really see that happening?

Brisbane olympics bid sounds like a pipe dream to me. unless the city decides to build 2-3 100k capacity stadiums. Does anyone really see that happening?

Just even more carrying for Suncorp to do on top of all the rest. Seriously that stadium has to be one of the most overused in the world

The IOC are encouraging cities to use existing infrastructure, or at least building new stuff that is usable after the games. The days of mega stadiums built specifically for the Olympics is over.

We'll probably do up QE2 and add seats to Metricon and that'd about cover it.

The IOC are encouraging cities to use existing infrastructure, or at least building new stuff that is usable after the games. The days of mega stadiums built specifically for the Olympics is over.

We'll probably do up QE2 and add seats to Metricon and that'd about cover it.
Nah I doubt it. Qe2 is from the early 80s and looks as much and metricon holds 25k. brisbane would need 2 new stadiums at least with more capacity.

I like what I see from the is Dave fellow. Seems to not take the BS and hopefully will show the way forward by being a baller and not a cuck like White and Pies showed they were. Kev has shown spine and now Dave is showing spine, I like the current direction of Dave and Kev.

Nah I doubt it. Qe2 is from the early 80s and looks as much and metricon holds 25k. brisbane would need 2 new stadiums at least with more capacity.
The Premier said they might build a new 50k stadium, but that it's optional. Seems the criteria are far more relaxed these days, which is good because the Olympics are a massive waste of money.

Metricon also goes up to 40k with temporary seating, like they did with the Commonwealth Games.

Last edited:
I’m thinking it must be the rapport he has with certain sponsors or something?
Could even be things like how much each player is on, but it's a load of shit anyway. I'd understand if it was a tech company with genuine trade secrets but a league team has nothing of interest.

The Premier said they might build a new 50k stadium, but that it's optional. Seems the criteria are far more relaxed these days, which is good because the Olympics are a massive waste of money.

Metricon also goes up to 40k with temporary seating, like they did with the Commonwealth Games.
Worldwide event being held in 40k stadiums, not gonna happen imo. I was in Melbourne yesterday, now there’s an impressive city with some impressive stadiums that could do it for sure. Imagine the revenue the IOC would miss out on by holding it in Brisbane. Simply not feasible imo, a complete pipe dream.

Worldwide event being held in 40k stadiums, not gonna happen imo. I was in Melbourne yesterday, now there’s an impressive city with some impressive stadiums that could do it for sure. Imagine the revenue the IOC would miss out on by holding it in Brisbane. Simply not feasible imo, a complete pipe dream.
Apparently we're the IOC's preferred location, so they can't be too concerned.

Anyway, we'll see. I think we'd have to build at least one decent sized stadium to make it work.

The caveat being on whether he made contact using his storm email address, etc. but that's not really non-compete that's just misuse of the company equipment.
Is this all just a smoke screen not to pay out his contract which Donaghy is claiming that they still owe?

PW has also arranged for us to pay for both their bid and construction in the lead up. Got to admit he is that good at working the deal.

I'd argue he has paid for Brisbane's bid AND the others.

So many lawyers in this thread. I’ll know where to go the next time I need help so thanks friends!

Bellamy to sort out future before round one. For real this time, promise:

lying top gun GIF

Could even be things like how much each player is on, but it's a load of shit anyway. I'd understand if it was a tech company with genuine trade secrets but a league team has nothing of interest.

I think you’re closer than you think. Storm have a complex computer program they call needle in a haystack. It’s supposed to be on only three computers and top secret that Bunn, his son and a tech guy store all the over 15 yo data and video for players in the country then it allows them to track and select Storm players. Using some Storm algorithm.

Not too sure if the CEO has access or cares but things like that the Storm protect like no man’s business.

Active Now

• LittleDavey
  • bazza
  • Redux
  • GCBRONCO
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Aldo
  • Allo
  • jd87
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Fozz
  • Strop
  • Sproj
  • Xzei
  • Battler
  • Wolfie
  • Jedhead
  • bb_gun
  • ezpz
  • Foordy
... and 8 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.