OFFICIAL Dave Donaghy Named New Broncos CEO

I think you’re closer than you think. Storm have a complex computer program they call needle in a haystack. It’s supposed to be on only three computers and top secret that Bunn, his son and a tech guy store all the over 15 yo data and video for players in the country then it allows them to track and select Storm players. Using some Storm algorithm.

Not too sure if the CEO has access or cares but things like that the Storm protect like no man’s business.
Didn't they get it from a NFL team?

Didn't they get it from a NFL team?
It’s like Wonka- no one knows. It’s supposed to be a bit of Liverpool, Man City and some NFL teams then “Stornised”

Whatever it is it is clearly worth protecting it’s helping them track and pick players.

It’s like Wonka- no one knows. It’s supposed to be a bit of Liverpool, Man City and some NFL teams then “Stornised”

Whatever it is it is clearly worth protecting it’s helping them track and pick players.
The amateur nature of professional rugby league never ceases to surprise me. How are systems like this not ubiquitous across clubs?

Then I remember Barrett had to bring his own plastic chairs at Manley and tigers players had to source their own strapping tape.

The amateur nature of professional rugby league never ceases to surprise me. How are systems like this not ubiquitous across clubs?

Then I remember Barrett had to bring his own plastic chairs at Manley and tigers players had to source their own strapping tape.
I imagine some sort of version is at every club but some do it better.

One thing to have data and watch games but you need to know what you’re looking for and why. Storm know them and what they want.

That’s the secret part- why is he tracked and monitored to be a Storm player.

One thing to have data and watch games but you need to know what you’re looking for and why. Storm know them and what they want.

That’s the secret part- why is he tracked and monitored to be a Storm player.
Scoring high on the ‘willingness to accept unreported payments’ scale.

Plenty of data entry software around that supposed to pick racehorse winners as well. Yet to see any that work. But yes Storm appear to have some stuff in place that firstly does work and secondly are concerned our new CEO has a handle on. But I'm guessing, and hopefully, the more they poke him in the eye the more he is likely to release to his new club.

Last edited:
I’m still sceptical weather it’s magic program that has made the storm so dominant or the fact they hit a jackpot with some future immortals that built a strong culture at the club.

They remind me so much of broncos of the 90 it’s not funny will it will be interesting to see how they travel once smith is gone for a few years as well as Bellamy.

I got a feeling they will travel the way of the knights after johns and the broncs after Lockyer and Bennett

Last edited:
I think you’re closer than you think. Storm have a complex computer program they call needle in a haystack. It’s supposed to be on only three computers and top secret that Bunn, his son and a tech guy store all the over 15 yo data and video for players in the country then it allows them to track and select Storm players. Using some Storm algorithm.

Not too sure if the CEO has access or cares but things like that the Storm protect like no man’s business.
There this good book about finding good players called moneyball, the basics are what do you value, and are you overpaying to get what you want. I'm sure that any of us could find excellent players in all positions if the coaching team said these are the 4 main qualities we are after, and you can't pay more than $x for each. R&R isn't hard, it just requires you to be a hard nosed prick at times and play bad cop.

Incredible that you were able to infiltrate this secret they keep so well protected.

There this good book about finding good players called moneyball, the basics are what do you value, and are you overpaying to get what you want. I'm sure that any of us could find excellent players in all positions if the coaching team said these are the 4 main qualities we are after, and you can't pay more than $x for each. R&R isn't hard, it just requires you to be a hard nosed prick at times and play bad cop.
I think the program is more about size, strength , mobility, body type etc .
Basically calculates the perfect player for certain positions , there was an article a while back about it.

It’s like signing good players who are intelligent and driven is better than signing really good players who can’t count to ten and commit crimes. Genius
I’d be surprised if Munster can count to 1

Found the titans moneyball program

Two CEO’s needed now. Taine Drinkwater the NRLW CEO pulled the pin to head to Netball NSW.

I think the program is more about size, strength , mobility, body type etc .
Basically calculates the perfect player for certain positions , there was an article a while back about it.
That is how they work the system, we should look at the metrics that matter, post contact metres, effective kicking, whatever else that WE need to get the best out of our game play culture. Do a back of the envelope calculation as to how much the rough market is worth for those metrics and then find the right players that fit our style. Easier said than done, but I think we need to look at older players who are physically mature more so than overpay for pie in the sky high schoolers.

Active Now

• ChewThePhatt
  • BroncosAlways
  • Xzei
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Wolfie
  • Foordy
  • FACTHUNT
  • Griffo
  • Broncosgirl
  • MasterWright
  • Culhwch
  • Johnny92
  • Mister Wright
  • Browny
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.