OFFICIAL Dave Donaghy Named New Broncos CEO

something else interesting from the article (on FoxSports):

the Judge has pointed out after Donaghy informed the Storm that he was in discussions with us, the CFO Ashley Tucker was installed as acting CEO on October 29.

the Judge said that despite a concrete contract with the club, Donaghy was effectively demoted, since he had to report to Tucker between October 29 and the time he left the club.

the Judge has questioned a six month non complete clause should have actually commenced on November 1, meaning he could start with us on April 1

It seems the Storm have a few things they’re worried about potentially coming out.
How much more evidence do the NRL needs to say hold on, maybe we should have a look at these top secret salary cap files.
I mean it’d be so unlike the storm to cap cheat..

It seems the Storm have a few things they’re worried about potentially coming out.
How much more evidence do the NRL needs to say hold on, maybe we should have a look at these top secret salary cap files.
Donaghy would be complicit in anything that came out.

I know somehow there will be some angle pushed that makes it so the Broncos are the bad guys in this by opposition fans and rugby league "journalists", but surely this makes only the storm look bad on every single level. Why would you want to work there after hearing some of the stuff coming out in the hearing?! I wouldn't!

Interesting to see Cam, Donaghy, and perhaps Bellamy could all flee the Storm within a 2 year period. The club being aggressively litigious. Cam’s bizarre no fan fare retirement, robbing the club of a proper send off, big marketing opportunities

Is something happening at Melbourne ?

could potentially drag Cooper’s exit into it if you really wanna go tin foil hat.

Last edited:

Every club keeps their cap plans secret, they have them done up years in advance. If the Storm were cheating you would not want to be signing the CEO would you?

Donaghy should threaten to whip out his second contract, no way it has a non-compete clause in it.

Every club keeps their cap plans secret, they have them done up years in advance. If the Storm were cheating you would not want to be signing the CEO would you?

You are assuming two things about the Broncos here though:

1. They have a plan, let alone one 'years in advance'
2. They actually looked into the background of someone they wanted to employ in a position of responsibility

when Dave Donaghy sees the Broncos’ recent salary cap plans
DE6618F4 A525 4D4B 8817 BA61FB283DD4

I could think of literally nobody better qualified to run a hugely expensive project that will blow out costs at an astronomical rate and leave assets that provide hugely poor value for money in it's wake.
But think of the KIDS, this is a chance for growth of world class venues (which QLD has none of), and think of the tourism dollars flooding in that we can invest in schools, hospitals, unions, brown paper bags, and lining our own pockets. It is a once in a lifetime opportunity to expose ourselves to the world.

Last edited:
All the shit they're arguing sounds like it should be under an NDA... or are the storm happy that as of August 1 Dave can go straight to Nolan and layout the storm's plans for recruitment moving forward.
One of the best points on this topic to date.
Surely it's as simple as these 3 or 4 things you must never talk about, other than that, you can start work somewhere else tomorrow.
Makes a lot more sense than 'reveal all our secrets to the opposition, but not for 6 months'

Sorry if this has been posted before. Back in court 17th March. Dave sits on the sidelines till at least then.

I could think of literally nobody better qualified to run a hugely expensive project that will blow out costs at an astronomical rate and leave assets that provide hugely poor value for money in it's wake.
I can think of nobody more likely that even though we have all but been confirmed to host the games to stuff our bid up to such an extent that we end up losing them to someone else.

Seeing as the Broncs appear to have been running their salary cap and recruiting through a volunteer at the canteen maintaining an excel spread sheet with pre pivot table level skills, the Storm may have something worth defending. More likely however that Dave is gone and these are just warning shots from the Storm to pre-empt future defections.

The Storm are still a sad joke of a club, they transplanted Bronco DNA and took over the Bronc talent pipeline far too successfully. Amazing that they have so little traction with making the game popular in the Victorian market with what has been a level of on field success that has been incredible.

The Storm have allowed the leadership at NRL level to dither on the issue of expansion and dealing with too many clubs in Sydney. AFL which has a clearly inferior product in my view have been stealing their lunch for decades now.

Active Now

• Sproj
  • Manifesto
  • Lurker
  • Brocko
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Xzei
  • Harry Sack
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Lozza
  • Cavalo
  • lynx000
  • LittleDavey
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Wolfie
  • Fatboy
  • Foordy
  • Dash
  • Redux
  • Jazza
... and 22 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.