OFFICIAL Dave Donaghy Named New Broncos CEO

Just curious because i dont know any better, but how heavily involved in the salary cap issues and subsequent stripping of GF wins would DD have been in his time at Melbourne?

No hard feelings mate, says Melbourne Storm chair Matt Tripp, who took Donaghy to court to **** up the start of the Broncos season:

“I am rapt for him. We landed in a really good place and he and I have been in communication. We’re going to catch up next month when I am up there for Magic Round. We have buried the hatchet. I was trying to protect my patch and he was naturally trying to start as soon as he could. So I wish him all the best."

“I have always maintained the competition is a better competition when the Broncos are strong. With Dave at the helm, I hope they can get stronger, faster. He has given us that commitment he is not going to be heavy-handed with the Storm but all is fair in love and war.”

“He has a huge job in front of him but it is one I am sure given the experience he got at the Storm and his understanding of how to almost build a club from scratch, which is kind of what they have to do, I think they are not going to get a better credentialed guy to take the next step with them.

McHunt
I don’t mind those comments at all from Tripp.. it’s a positive that he & Donaghy have mended fences.

I’ve been first in the queue making flippant remarks about him over recent events but he’s clearly a very shrewd operator and you want to be on good terms with people like that.

His comments about the upside of a strong Brisbane Broncos are spot on and show that he ‘gets it’.

I don’t mind those comments at all from Tripp.. it’s a positive that he & Donaghy have mended fences.

I’ve been first in the queue making flippant remarks about him over recent events but he’s clearly a very shrewd operator and you want to be on good terms with people like that.

His comments about the upside of a strong Brisbane Broncos are spot on and show that he ‘gets it’.
no offence but i think that is rubbish. he was obviously pulled aside by other board members and told to act more professional and be carful with what you say.

its fine to say some the stuff he cried about in private but he made it public wich just made the storm look silly and unprofessional for the first time in there history.

now its just all PR talk.

He was in a media & football operations (not salary cap related) role when that went down
So he did his best to fan the flames down of any wrongdoing?................

22A873FC 7741 49B3 BE61 B2CD86CF4E9A

Oh right so like I might be here all year.
Hint. @Morkels conspiracy thread. About the highest shenanigans imaginable at the top level at our club. Don’t worry though, I think it goes higher than that. Our club and the people employed are just pawns in a game.

Active Now

• BroncosAlways
  • mrslong
  • Jedhead
  • Maddy
  • Xzei
  • Foordy
  • Santa
  • BruiserMk1
  • mrtij
  • Dash
  • Allo
  • Manofoneway
  • broncs30
  • FACTHUNT
  • Sproj
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • Skyblues87
  • Big Del
... and 15 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.