Dave Taylor

Russo

Russo

NRL Player
Mar 4, 2008
I see with interest that Big Dave scored 2 tries for CQ in their 28 - 18 win over Norths today.

Will be interesting to hear the match report and even more interesting to hear what the North's coach one Mark Gee (one of WB's right-hand men) reports back to WB on his game.

CQ struggled last year and good to see them starting with a win, though will be interesting to see how they travel once big DT returns to the NRL where he belongs.

Hurry back Dave, we need the DT we know and love back in form off the NRL squad bench

He killed it. Threw a cut out pass which led to a try early on. Absolutley anihilated some poor bastard from Norths, massive shot. If he keeps playing like this then no doubt he will be in the Broncos colours again very soon. I think having Dave in the team will give the Comets confidence, if he stays for a few more rounds then heads back to Brissy I think CQ will have enough belief in themselves to keep on going.

No worries Elyod - good to hear that he had a good one though. Hopefully he'll be back in the top grade sooner rather than later!

Taylor will be back in the side soon.. Bennet is just sending the big fella a wake up call so he knows he has to work hard to be a regular first grader,

I think Dave will be back this week with Clinton injured.

Also seems Parker maybe out? I'd put money on the fact that Taylor will be back. icon_smile

Clinton could be out for 4-6 weeks, add in Parker and you would think Taylor would be almost a certainty to be in, especially against the Roosters pack, I expect him and Kenny to be included in the side if both of those players dont play.

GCBRONCO said:
Clinton could be out for 4-6 weeks, add in Parker and you would think Taylor would be almost a certainty to be in, especially against the Roosters pack, I expect him and Kenny to be included in the side if both of those players dont play.

We need to add some size for the Rooters so Taylor and Kenny should come into the side.

renouf said:
I'd love to see Taylor go up against Mason...

I would love to see Taylor knock him out, just like Perry on Ross hehehehehe

Assuming Parker and Clinton are unavailable I'd go with.

1. Hunt
2. Robinson
3. Hodges
4. Michaels
5. Boyd
6. Lockyer
7. Wallace
8. Hannant
9. Ennis/PJ Marsh
10. Thaiday
11. Stagg
12. Sims
13. Carroll

14. PJ Marsh/Roberts *depending on if Ennis is available
15. Eastwood
16. Taylor
17. Kenny

I would be happy with that side and continue with Locky off the bench.

ALH said:

Thats an option too, shift stagg to 5/8th and eastwood into second row, early on we won't really notice not having lockyer there anyway plus it keeps Lockyer fresh when he comes in, less work he has to do thanks to stagg.

For next week provided Parker/Clinton are out
1. Hunt
2. Robinson
3. Michaels
4. Hodges
5. Boyd
6. Stagg
7. Wallace
8. Hannant
9. Marsh
10. Thaiday
11. Sims
12. Eastwood
13. Carroll
14. Lockyer - I am happy for him to be used this way for the first 4-5 rounds leave him out of the fast hard early exchanges so he can come on with less pressure and have less to worry about, Wallace proved he can hold the fort with him off the field.
15. Ennis/Roberts
16. Taylor
17. Kenny

GCBRONCO said:
ALH said:

Thats an option too, shift stagg to 5/8th and eastwood into second row, early on we won't really notice not having lockyer there anyway plus it keeps Lockyer fresh when he comes in, less work he has to do thanks to stagg.

Lol, I literally put my team down whilst you guys said this stuff.

I'd leave PJ Marsh at no.9, put Ennis on the bench. It's unlucky for Ennis, but PJ had a good game so he deserves to start this week I think

At this stage I can see Bennett calling up Nick Kenny over Taylor to replace Clinton.

Active Now

• MrTickyMcG
  • Tim K
  • Dash
  • IceWorks
  • Gympie devil
  • Fozz
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Harry Sack
  • The True King
  • Broncosgirl
  • Behold
  • broncoscope
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.