Dave Taylor

Painin the Haas

Painin the Haas

NRL Player
Nov 10, 2013
Apparently the titans are shopping him around, I for one would welcome him back give us some size and impact off the bench. Who else would like to see him back?

He is not worth the money.

Big and strong, but too lazy and doesn't want to do the hard work.

With the possibility of Hannant leaving at the end of the season, I'd definitely entertain the idea for the right price. Taylor isn't the type of player I'd like to see us throw huge money at, he isn't worth that sort of money but if he came here with the right attitude and showed a willingness to change his game and play through the middle, I believe he'd be worth his weight in gold.

Mind you, I've always been a fan of Taylor and believe he's one of those guys who just needs the right environment to truly shine. If he got his head right, he'd be a walk up start in any team, guaranteed.

On the fence about it. I think he can be extremely damaging but he works best as an edge backrower and we have a lot of those already. He is a different type of player to what we have, so I can definitely see the positives. Plus if we can't get DCE, then we have a kitty and nobody off contract to really go after, so there's that aspect too.

I wouldn't really care too much either way, but if he operated on the same side of Milford and had Barba in support, his offloads would do a lot of damage.

Massive Taylor fan but I can't see it happening. If Hannant leaves it will only be to the Titans.

On the fence about it. I think he can be extremely damaging but he works best as an edge backrower and we have a lot of those already. He is a different type of player to what we have, so I can definitely see the positives. Plus if we can't get DCE, then we have a kitty and nobody off contract to really go after, so there's that aspect too.

I wouldn't really care too much either way, but if he operated on the same side of Milford and had Barba in support, his offloads would do a lot of damage.

If we used him solely as an edge backrower, I would like it if he was back because he would make more of an impact than Glenn. However, he would be used as a prop and he has shown no improvement over the years. He still doesn't want to do the hard work.

If the Titans were willing to drop his price by half, I would be more open to it.

Last edited:
well apparently we have an interchange spot open. he would at least have impact. i don't want him costing s dce though

This guy could be the biggest earner in Rugby League if his heart matched his talent. Given that's very unlikely to happen, I don't want him near the Broncos... albeit, Beads' idea about getting him now as a 5/8 probably isn't the worst. :laugh:

I think at the right price ofcourse. And use him up the middle like the broncos used to make him work for it

I wouldn't sign Taylor

He does have plenty of talent and potential but has got no heart or drive to do the hard stuff while we've got plenty of young blokes that are more than willing to put their hand up.

Dude has million dollar skills and ability with a 10 cent head.

If Hannant goes, sign him for chips and tell him to play his way back into a healthy price bracket. Then it'll be up to him whether he does or not.

350k (under the increased cap limit) would be my ceiling for Chris Griffin at the moment ... if and when he ever went "cooper cronk" he could virtually name his price ...

Why don't we just do a straight up trade, him for Hannant, I think Hannant is going to the Titans next season anyway, and Taylor would be an awesome replacement, always been a big fan.

8. McGuire
10. Gillett
11. Taylor
12. Thaiday
13. Parker (c)

14. Glenn
15. Kennedy
16. Lowrie
17. Hala

Sah good.

Just telling you that Hannant won't be going to the Titans, as I know his family and they say he is playing for another Broncos contract.

Active Now

• Foordy
  • FACTHUNT
  • Sproj
  • Xzei
  • kiwi2
  • Big Del
  • Fitzy
  • GCBRONCO
  • BruiserMk1
  • Justwin
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • Broncosgirl
  • Mr Fourex
  • KateBroncos1812
  • BroncosAlways
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.