OFFICIAL David Fifita signs with the Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
FFS just get him to sign on with us, get it over and done with.

If he leaves at least he might not have his career ruined by the ineptitude that’s currently flowing through this joint and we’ll get to cheer him 3 games a year.

*speculation warning*

“David Fifita has called a leading Brisbane official in last hour to say he has had a change of heart,” Weidler posted on Twitter Wednesday morning.

“Broncos said he was gone last night. Fifita gave an official a verbal “I’m staying”. Again - no one will go on record. If true, quite the backflip. Stay tuned.”

Interesting from Garry that he says Milf and Bird both won’t be here after next year ( or on heaps less money if they stay).

Last edited:
This is fucking bizarre. Fifita doesn't communicate? I'll guess I'll keep waiting to see this fabled leadership that he apparently exhibits.

What a gong show.

Queue the Benny Hill music - much like our season...

This is fucking bizarre. Fifita doesn't communicate? I'll guess I'll keep waiting to see this fabled leadership that he apparently exhibits.
He is changing managers after a falling out. He is only signing a 1 year deal so the manager only gets commission for 1 year, not a longer deal. He’s only not communicating with his manager, not the club.

Interesting from Garry that he says Milf and Bird both won’t be here after next year ( or on heaps less money if they stay).

That is a given.
If their contracts ended this year they would be gone or on much less money for 2021.

The other thing that can be thrown into this is if GC tabled an offer to Fifita for $5m over 5 years, then his existing manager could claim that he procured the original deal for Fifita and make a claim for the commission, etc.

ie the original deal from the titans was made whilst Fifita was under my management, therefore he could claim that he assisted in facilitating it... even if he signs a contract after severing ties with the manager.

Realistically Fifita's best play is to sign a 12 month deal with the Broncos to give up his commission to the manager he doesn't want... and then he can make a decision on his long term future next year when his existing manager is gone.

This would be good for us as our cap position is wide open from 2022 onwards so we can actually compete with titans... although I doubt we go up to $1m

Queue the Benny Hill music - much like our season...
Honestly, unless you're basically a boomer who can't use a computer that well, it's pretty highly unlikely that you'd be going to Channel 9 and Danny Weidler as a source of reputable Rugby League reporting.

Personally I'd be furious if we lost fifita given who we've re-signed. I know everyone is on about how badly we've fucked up our cap but fifita is an absolute must.

I guess it's most likely between us and the titans. In the past we've been able to point to our stability and premiership credentials but we dont really have either of them in our favour at present.
It would be bad list management to sign him up for $1m a season... the value of the best second rowers right now is between $700k-$800k, which is where the Broncos are at.

He signs $700k for next year and then maybe an $800k after that... if so he doesnt murder our cap and we can put players around him.

Taking $1m now hamstrings the salary cap and limits his opportunities for success

Thats very messy so he said hes leaving, 1hr later rings them back and say im staying??

He is changing managers after a falling out. He is only signing a 1 year deal so the manager only gets commission for 1 year, not a longer deal. He’s only not communicating with his manager, not the club.

Ah you are right, my rage goggles had me misread that, my bad.

The other thing that can be thrown into this is if GC tabled an offer to Fifita for $5m over 5 years, then his existing manager could claim that he procured the original deal for Fifita and make a claim for the commission, etc.

ie the original deal from the titans was made whilst Fifita was under my management, therefore he could claim that he assisted in facilitating it... even if he signs a contract after severing ties with the manager.

Realistically Fifita's best play is to sign a 12 month deal with the Broncos to give up his commission to the manager he doesn't want... and then he can make a decision on his long term future next year when his existing manager is gone.

This would be good for us as our cap position is wide open from 2022 onwards so we can actually compete with titans... although I doubt we go up to $1m

This makes sense but I doubt the current broncos recruitment panel have the brains to realise it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Broncosgirl
  • porouian
  • jarro65
  • Big Del
  • Manlyman
  • ChewThePhatt
  • FACTHUNT
  • davidp
  • Skathen
  • BroncosAlways
  • KateBroncos1812
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.