OFFICIAL David Fifita signs with the Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
I also think he will sign for 1 year. Allows him to not have to leave his family unit, gives the Broncos another 12 months to sort their own cap situation with better knowledge of what things look like with players off the books in 2021/22 and allows him another 12 months to see what direction we are going.

I actually think in this instance his age is in our favour, if he was in his prime at 27/28 and was getting anxious about a premiership then the danger of losing him would be stronger.

I think he will resign for one year. My basis for this thought is the knee operation. I understand they decided to use the lockdown time to get it done and that he could have played on. Would we have done this if we weren't confident he will be here next year. I think there is a one year deal then a bigger long term deal in the plans.

Well the Broncs did effectively decide to become Bird's assigned medical rehab centre before he goes on to his next club.

Let’s bung out a 10 year contract just not as much as lolo. Yes I’m serious

Fifita leaving will be Tigers losing Tedesco levels of incompetence by the board.

people really need to stop complaining about our lack of experience, and the issues that come with that ...

because everyone seems to be demanding that we pay whatever it takes to keep everyone of our young talent. whether is is Staggs, Haas, Fifita, TPJ, Turpin, Dearden, Coates etc

you can get in to bidding wars for every one of these youngsters and still have money under the cap to surround them with the experience we need.

people really need to stop complaining about our lack of experience, and the issues that come with that ...

because everyone seems to be demanding that we pay whatever it takes to keep everyone of our young talent. whether is is Staggs, Haas, Fifita, TPJ, Turpin, Dearden, Coates etc

you can get in to bidding wars for every one of these youngsters and still have money under the cap to surround them with the experience we need.

Well, I am not complaining about it. I am suggesting that it is a valid reason to explain why we are yet to see what the incredible talent in this side is capable of - when we can get them all on the field, and also cope with the shit and biased refereeing we have to suffer.

We have the experience in Glenn, Oates, Dariu$$$, Offa, Lodge and Milford. Thing is, they are ALL under-performing. I guess the club expected more from Boyd in particular and Milford too. That for mine is a BIG problem that needs fixing by the coaching staff ASAP or our stunning talent will struggle.

If they sign him, a full investigation needs to happen into every facet of their salary cap.
Tired of these dickheads signing whoever they want to buy premierships with no repercussions.
If the Roosters can afford him, then so can any number of the struggling clubs who don't have an entire roster of superstars.

Getting sick of the NRL and its blatant corruption.
Also, if Fifita is chasing the big money, then let him go, im also sick of these ***** loyal to nothing more than a paycheck.

Last edited:
I know it's only a forum but this comment and any like it are stupid. If those guys are still contracted, the Broncos would likely have to pay some of their salary, counted under the Broncos salary cap. And it doesn't automatically save money because replacements have to be found and paid in place of those 3. Especially Carrigan and Flegler I presume aren't on much money.

It would be really unfortunate to lose Fifita but priority has to go to signing or retaining a high quality fullback, 1/2, 5/8 and hooker. Right now I don't it's too much of a stretch to say in those positions, Broncos are worst in the competition.

Dont worry about Reyter, he isnt the smartest. Just the forum Troll.

Fifita to Titans story incoming .....

Fifita to Titans story incoming .....

@Smokin' Joe are we still confident on the Fifita front?
You are the only one that I will listen to on the Fifita matter, and probably anything Broncos related..

Thats it mate. Every club is just putting pressure on to have us over extend. Unlike the Roosters we don't have the older statesman that are rock solid in their performances and loyalty. Plus our talent and recruitment is not pilfing other teams talent.

The Broncos need to pick who they absolutely can't let go and do everything they can to keep them while getting in some proven talent. We can't afford to hace all Broncos talent running around. Other clubs are just using us for a nursery now and it is beyond a joke.

The nrl must put something in place regarding development players. X amount off the cap for x amount of years.

This

The reality is if he is accepting interest from other teams and weve already made our offer, he has to be entertaining other ideas.

@Smokin' Joe are we still confident on the Fifita front?
You are the only one that I will listen to on the Fifita matter, and probably anything Broncos related..
Maybe this is why Joe's been so quiet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Astro
  • Huge
  • Skathen
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.