OFFICIAL David Fifita signs with the Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sure he's been told but I hope he doesn't lose sight of the reason he is playing .
It cannot be about money or he will quickly become an also ran in that Titans club.

Speaking of @Smokin' Joe I think we all deserve to give him a bit of credit. Majority of things he reported came true. I.e. Boyd, Macca etc
he also said we have to take our medicine and next year would be better. i blame him for everything.

He said he isn’t signing until after November 1, due to his contract issues with his manager.

I don’t see this changing, I see him signing with us that very week, though for how long is up in the air, a shorter contract 1-2 years might be a smart move to see what the market is doing after that.

We’ll be paying him $700k or more easily for that season / seasons so he won’t be starving...
The club should be able to work with that.
They should have an agreed contract all ready for him to sign the day after his contract with his current manager finishes.

This is why we trade or force them. QLD cup can be a damaging thing to career future values.
You can only 'force them' if someone else will take on their contracts. As they're all realistically overpaid, that would likely only happen if we paid most or basically all of the salary for the year so they would still be on our cap and it would achieve very little.

The NRL doesn't work like that. We're stuck with them on the books unless someone else would take them on, and the way they're all playing I'm sure you appreciate how unlikely that would be.

The only other hope is they did something serious enough to have their contract torn up by the NRL so again, an absurdly long shot at best.

Last edited:
Fifita leaving will be a vote of no confidence in Seibold

Fifita turned down a big money offer from a Sydney club. He isn't about to now then turn around and sign with a Sydney club.

He won't be signing with the Titans either.

He'll be staying in Brisbane. Where his mother is.

Fifita leaving will be a vote of no confidence in Seibold

voting has closed mate....decision is unaminous...

The playing roster has no believe in our coach or his methods....

Though there were a few votes that said its all Ben Hunts fault so....

Last edited:
voting has closed mate....decision is unaminous...

The playing roster has no believe in our coach or his methods....

Though there were a few votes that said its all Ben Hunts fault so....
Just because you don't have faith in the coach or his methods, doesn't mean the players don't ...

There is no evidence to suggest seibs has lost the dressing room ... unless you count a made up story from Kent

So Gordie just came out with this gem on Matty Johns show.

If the game is serious... Brisbane are offering him 700k and other clubs are offering 1.2m. Well he cant stay in Brisbane.

Like he shouldnt have a choice..... Fucking clown.

If the game is serious... Brisbane are offering him 700k and other clubs are offering 1.2m. Well he cant stay in Brisbane.

Sounds like Ricky Stuart when they offered Milf $1m to stay in Canberra

"We offered him $1m so that's his value Broncos should have to match that"

I like how Gordie has bumped the price up to $1.2m... didn't realise an ambassador role came with power to negotiate as well

Sounds like Ricky Stuart when they offered Milf $1m to stay in Canberra

"We offered him $1m so that's his value Broncos should have to match that"

I like how Gordie has bumped the price up to $1.2m... didn't realise an ambassador role came with power to negotiate as well
He was refering to a sydney clubs offer with the 1.2m comment. But did say the titans offer was 1m and could go higher if need be.

What a fucking idiot. I haven’t watched it yet but I bet Matty and the other ass clowns all agreed with him.

Based on Broncos using Fifita on the main page with "Support the Club" next to it. They are confident of having him there again next season.

Imagine saving someone from hell in jail for who knows how long and then that person ditching you, that won’t be a good look.

Imagine saving someone from hell in jail for who knows how long and then that person ditching you, that won’t be a good look.

Yeah this, this is what ***** me off. Now I will look like an idiot if he stays for ranting like this but for me even the fact that he is dragging this out is a shit look. The club needs stability right now and not players allowing the media to spin more bullshit against us. I can understand if this is a management issue and not wanting to sign until October or whatever so he is not with that manager but could he really not come out and say that he intends to stay, or anything. I mean he has no problems announcing that he owes the Broncos nothing after saving him from a Bali jail so why not this?

Now I will only judge people against myself and I can tell you one thing right now, if my employer saved me from a Bali jail cell and their corrupt justice system they would have my unquestioned loyalty. They would have to push me out the door to get rid of me. By comparison Fifita has gone out of his way to say he owes his employer nothing and has lent into the speculation. So yes I will judge him harshly for that.

My final thought on this is we constantly hear that he is a leader, well apart from on-field performance I haven't seen any of that. Leaders don't contribute to their clubs pain, especially when that club saved you in what I can only assume is the lowest point of your life.

Last edited:
Yeah this, this is what ***** me off. Now I will look like an idiot if he stays for ranting like this but for me even the fact that he is dragging this out is a shit look. The club needs stability right now and not players allowing the media to spin more bullshit against us. I can understand if this is a management issue and not wanting to sign until October or whatever so he is not with that manager but could he really not come out and say that he intends to stay, or anything. I mean he has no problems announcing that he owes the Broncos nothing after saving him from a Bali jail so why not this?

Now I will only judge people against myself and I can tell you one thing right now, if my employer saved me from a Bali jail cell and their corrupt justice system they would have my unquestioned loyalty. They would have to push me out the door to get rid of me. By comparison Fifita has gone out of his way to say he owes his employer nothing and has lent into the speculation. So yes I will judge him harshly for that.

My final thought on this is we constantly hear that he is a leader, well apart from on-field performance I haven't seen any of that. Leaders don't contribute to their clubs pain, especially when that club saved you in what I can only assume is the lowest point of your life.
I was hoping that by him saying that it was a directive from the broncos telling him to say it to keep the nrl off their backs, stop them from saying we’re using it as leverage for negotiation. Truth be told we shouldn’t have too, we all know what a shit sandwich of a situation he found himself in, He should be grateful AF! Now yes we’re probably going to come out looking like a bunch dramatic toddlers but he’s not helping the situation I can only go off what I can see and it’s not encouraging.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Maddy
  • Porthoz
  • Fitzy
  • Cavalo
  • Broncorob
  • winslow_wong
  • Sproj
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Allo
  • kman
  • Wild Horse
  • achievedrap
  • Rookie Alan
  • Bish
  • Dash
  • broncs30
  • Morkel
  • bb_gun
  • Spoon
  • sooticus
... and 11 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.