-NEWS- David Fifita - Titans up offer to 1.25M

KnToad

NRL Player
Sunshine Coast
And unlike Tallis, he doesn't have a chip on his shoulder about the club. I could never imagine Dell shitting on the Broncos like Gordie does regularly.
Spot on. Even though he played for St Merge and his son is there now you don’t hear Wendell flinging shit at the Broncos every chance he gets.
When Gorden says he loves the Broncos it’s bullshit. He loves to see the Broncos fail.
Wendell doesn’t have an axe to grind.

Stu_9

NRL Player
Anyone just watch the Saturday rap up on fox with Mal? They just asked him how close they are to singing Fifita, he looked super smug.
I have a real bad feeling about this, I think we may have lost him.

Financeguy

QCup Player
Anyone just watch the Saturday rap up on fox with Mal? They just asked him how close they are to singing Fifita, he looked super smug.
I actually thought he played it down and tried to make out like nothing had been discussed but its a possibility they will pursue him. I thought he was pretty humble about it.
It was Ennis and Cronk that seemed to be more excited by the prospect of it happening.

NSW stables

QCup Player
After watching tonight, 700k to come last or 1mil to come second last? I dont blame the kids if he and tommy left.

Stu_9

NRL Player
I actually thought he played it down and tried to make out like nothing had been discussed but its a possibility they will pursue him. I thought he was pretty humble about it.
It was Ennis and Cronk that seemed to be more excited by the prospect of it happening.
I get the opposite feeling. He was smug, had a smirk etc telling us that he honestly doesn’t know. They know, and I think they have got him. And if we have let him go then I am officially done with this club.

Financeguy

QCup Player
I get the opposite feeling. He was smug, had a smirk etc telling us that he honestly doesn’t know. They know, and I think they have got him. And if we have let him go then I am officially done with this club.
Dont slash the wrists just yet mate, if they had him they would be shouting it from the rooftops. All Mal said was none of the talk has come from the Titans, it is all just a media article that has been blown up. Whilst not denying it (and why would he), he didn’t even say anything like “im pretty confident the Titans is a good fit for Dave” or anything similar. My impression was he really didn’t want to talk about it at all so not sure how that was smug?

I’m no Mal fan, dont really like the bloke, but he didnt give me any vibe Fifita is a done deal with the Titans.

Time will tell i guess but as a Bronco fan and someone not a fan of the Titans, i thought Mal handled the question well. Ennis and Cronk on the other hand...

Last edited:

Battler

NRL Captain
North Brisbane
They've probably paid too much for him if he is going. It sucks obviously, but you can't pay an edge back rower over a million dollars unless you're talking about prime Sonny Bill who was bringing with him the experience of a premiership win and a WC win with the ABs. The club is responsible for signing crap/ past it players on huge money on long term deals - and I'd obviously rather pay overs for Fifi than have idiots like Boyd around - however it's insanity to throw over a mil on a young player, especially someone who isn't in the spine.

The Titans will still be shit with him and Tino soaking up close to 2 mil between them. GL putting together a decent spine, especially if they blow their load on Fotu.

EDIT: Hopefully he stays around.

Last edited:

Purple Pills

QCup Player
The question no one has asked is if Fifita does leave, who the **** do we replace him with? They way we are travelling we probably wouldn’t attract anyone decent and would probably offer Jamil Hopoate $500,000 and say he is the future

Not only that but if Fifita left, then that flies in the face of the whole ‘sacrificing short term success and do whatever it takes to keep this talented young squad together’ mantra to win a comp which would have been all for nothing.

Imaging ripping apart your roster to invest in this group and put all your eggs into that basket just to have probably the most talented one of the lot leave after 2 seasons? Not only that but then you are left with only Haas, Carrigan, TPJ when he shows up and some other forwards who I think have been highly over rated by all of us.

It’s almost at the stage where we aren’t even doing the rebuild right. Before you know it we might even have to wait until 2021 when we potentially get rid of Oates Milford and Bird and then have Karl Morris say ‘we always knew it was going to take 3+ years’

Yeah that’s because you cocked up the first 12 months dickhead

Alec

International Rep
The Broncos will likely lose more than one of these rookies, it's just how the game is. Obviously it would be best not to lose him, as he's probably the most important part of our attack, as the Broncos just don't look threatening without him in the side.

You'd have to then throw that money they set away for him at a quality fullback, half or hooker.

jd87

NRL Player
i dont think its the end of the world if we lose fafita. huge talent but again hes a back rower paying that much for any back rower is insane imo.

he will win you won or 2 games on brilliance but he wont be the reason you win a premiership. i still believe that's built on your 1,7,6 and 9 surrounded by smart hard working forwards.

this is half the broncos problem we have invested to heavily in the wrong positions. we desperately need a leader and decent fullback and 1 gun half.

if we keep signing these young gun forwards on insane money we will never turn it around.

Last edited:

winslow_wong

State of Origin Captain
bris
i dont think its the end of the world if we lose fafita. huge talent but again hes a back rower paying that much for any back rower is insane imo.

he will win you won or 2 games on brilliance but he wont be the reason you win a premiership. i still believe that's built on your 1,7,6 and 9 surrounded by smart hard working forwards.

this is half the broncos problem we have invested to heavily in the wrong positions. we desperately need a leader and decent fullback and 1 gun half.

if we keep signing these young gun forwards on insane money we will never turn it around.
Exactly. Centres and backrowers can be made to be superstars by the halves. Lockyer could have put Palmer Wapau through for a line break.

Alec

International Rep
Roosters have Chrichton and Cordner as some of their highest paid players (Chrichton is on a mil too). The Broncos had Tallis as the highest paid player for a while too.
I dunno if he can be a leader like Tallis or Cordner, but he's a massive strike weapon.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create free account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Volvo Driver

Twitter