RUMOUR David Mead to Brisbane

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
Mods feel free to move all the discussion from the Rumour thread into here.

The report comes from Tony 'The Mole' Adams from WWOS. The Broncos are keen on signing the 32-year-old winger as a depth option and Kevie confirmed those rumours at today's press conference.

What's everyone's thoughts on the signing?

Even though it may see one my favourite posters @meady make a return I don't think this signing is in the Broncos best interest. Maybe if they hadn't have re-signed Richie Kennar a month or so ago it would have been an understandable signing but even so Mead's best years are well and truly behind him. I would make the argument the last time Mead played consistently good football was in 2013 when he scored 11 tries from 16 games, after that he never broke into making double digits. Without his finishing ability what else does he have? Teams would just smother the Titans by kicking to his corner all day, defensively he's below par and it's not like he has experience winning big matches.

If it turns out it's a train and trial deal, no harm no foul. But if this is an official signing it's another huge red flag at the Broncos.

The mole has reported that we are signing David Mead again..

The mole has reported that we are signing David Mead again..
jack black wtf GIF

I’d prefer a Jono Reuben than Mead. I know we need experience but Mead isn’t the kind of experience needed. He was a Titans player throughout some shit years and played a season for us. What experience is he bringing exactly?

Being older isn’t necessarily a good thing. We desperately need positive experience. May as well have kept Kahu to be honest.

I’d prefer a Jono Reuben than Mead. I know we need experience but Mead isn’t the kind of experience needed. He was a Titans player throughout some shit years and played a season for us. What experience is he bringing exactly?

Being older isn’t necessarily a good thing. We desperately need positive experience. May as well have kept Kahu to be honest.
Yep and I don't see much difference between Mead and the forgotten man Isaako. I don't hate the signing though. He's still a decent player. Could definitely be good depth as a winger/fullback/centre. I think he puts in a lot of effort whenever he plays so that's a start. He could be the supporting fullback we need in the side.

Last edited:
Forcing out experienced players without any plan to replace them outside of well passed it
min wagers? Sounds like a very Seibold move.

rumoured:
Offa, Lodge, Bird out
Albert Kelly, Mead, Asiata in

Forcing out experienced players without any plan to replace them outside of well passed it
min wagers? Sounds like a very Seibold move.

rumoured:
Offa, Lodge, Bird out
Albert Kelly, Mead, Asiata in

Kelly and Mead are both very experinced and Asiata is a premiership winner

david mead would be a terrible acquisition. he's 32 and he didn't exactly light it up when he was here last time. i know there's benefit in experience but i really don't see how this would benefit us in any way. is carty all over this one?

I guess it depends on other signings , if it's a gap fill 1 yr deal and that's the best we can do then I'm ok with it. But if we start signing old has beens for the sake of experience then get the big broom out , the really big one

I guess it depends on other signings , if it's a gap fill 1 yr deal and that's the best we can do then I'm ok with it. But if we start signing old has beens for the sake of experience then get the big broom out , the really big one

It should have already been out but they seem to have found the superglue instead.

Active Now

• Broncosgirl
  • bert_lifts
  • Galah
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.