David Mead

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
This is just a quick video I put together of David Mead. Some of his best highlights in his career so far.

It was a tough video to make, to be honest. There were a lot of good tries scored by him, but not all of them could make the cut.

Last edited by a moderator:
He appears to have some wheels... I am happy for him to have a wing spot outside Jimmy...

I like Mead he's a player who is safe and will always give 110%, but I believe that kahu should be right wing. If kahu plays centre he always gets hurt, it has too much work.

Deadset quality player, great finisher (even now in his late 20s), absolute competitor, can sniff out half chances, safe under the high ball. Titans will rue letting him go, especially when Hayne departs at the end of 2017.

He's a legitimate winger. Too many players with the 2 or 5 on their backs are just centres, fullbacks or halves biding their time.

Were in a pretty nice position with our backs this season aren't we.
I'm almost hoping Oates does move into the forwards so that we can fit Pearson or Mead into the 17 and see how it goes?
Still don't know how Benji is in the team if Kahu is fit?
Because Kodi needs to be the utility...

He's a legitimate winger. Too many players with the 2 or 5 on their backs are just centres, fullbacks or halves biding their time.

I reckon that goes the other way too. Plenty of wingers who have delusions of grandeur and think they can cut it at fullback or five-eighth.

I'm looking at you Josh Hoffman.

I still don't think he will be a regular in the lineup. I don't see where he would slot in as first choice. He's 28, well past his prime, on a budget contract and good cover if there are any injuries.

I still don't think he will be a regular in the lineup. I don't see where he would slot in as first choice. He's 28, well past his prime, on a budget contract and good cover if there are any injuries.

His experience will see him in the starting lineup as we start the season I think. He might not have the same youthful exuberance as he once did but he is still solid and bloody fast too. I would be very surprised if in Round 1 the backline wasn't Boyd, Oates, Kahu, Roberts, Mead. With Opacic next in line for center and Pearson next in line for wing.

Last edited:
His experience will see him in the starting lineup as we start the season I think. He might not have the same youthful exuberance as he once did but he is still solid and bloody fast too. I would be very surprised if in Round 1 the backline wasn't Boyd, Oates, Kahu, Roberts, Mead. With Opacic next in line for center and Pearson next in line for wing.
You could be right about Pearson, I guess it all depends on who impresses in the preseason. Pearson will be hard person to omit though being 7 years younger and having impressed in his brief stint.

You could be right about Pearson, I guess it all depends on who impresses in the preseason. Pearson will be hard person to omit though being 7 years younger and having impressed in his brief stint.

Yeah mate for sure. He reminds me a little bit of a young Hodges. Glad we have him on the books for the future.

Yeah mate for sure. He reminds me a little bit of a young Hodges. Glad we have him on the books for the future.
It's not only his try scoring feats but he has decent speed, is confident under the high ball, has size and positions himself well in defense. I am usually pessimistic when it comes to rookies but he thoroughly impressed me in his brief 4 game stint. Hopefully he can kick on and be a regular member of the squad for years to come.

I don't think Bennett takes age into consideration much.

He has shown he is willing to pick older wingers over youngsters, because of their experience and ability to score tries.

If Mead is performing as well as the others, I can see him being a regular in the side. Even at 28, he still knows how to find the try line when given a sniff.

The biggest concern is his injuries. And Roberts, he was a bit of a hog at the Titans and as a result Mead didn't get the ball as much as he did in previous years.

My personal preference would be Pearson. I think he is a quality winger. But, it wouldn't surprise me to see Mead in the side come round 1.

Last edited:
I was really impressed with the attack of Boyd and Gillette on Australia's right edge last night. If they bring that form back to the Broncos then Roberts and whoever plays wing should be a lot more productive next year.

Mead to wing, Kahu to centre for mine.

Mead outside Roberts is a good combo but we need to make sure we get the ball out that way with time and space. Mead is quality finisher, experienced, can catch, Pearson will get his chance if Mead gets injured. Benji will have to wait for an injury to get a shot somewhere unless of course Hunt plays like absolute poo.

He loves an intercept but what concerns me (and I'm not sure if it were simply the videos selected) is that he didn't seem to have too many highlights playing outside of Roberts.

Great video by the way.

He loves an intercept but what concerns me (and I'm not sure if it were simply the videos selected) is that he didn't seem to have too many highlights playing outside of Roberts.

Great video by the way.

It was partly because of injuries. Plus he was moved around a bit playing both wing and fullback.

And Roberts was a bit of a hog. One thing I noticed when I made that James Roberts video.

There were more tries, but none of those were good enough to be selected over the tries I chose.

Last edited:
I don't think Bennett takes age into consideration much.

He has shown he is willing to pick older wingers over youngsters, because of their experience and ability to score tries.

If Mead is performing as well as the others, I can see him being a regular in the side. Even at 28, he still knows how to find the try line when given a sniff.

The biggest concern is his injuries. And Roberts, he was a bit of a hog at the Titans and as a result Mead didn't get the ball as much as he did in previous years.

My personal preference would be Pearson. I think he is a quality winger. But, it wouldn't surprise me to see Mead in the side come round 1.

I feel Kahu could have lodged the same complaint this year. Roberts isn't exactly known for his passing to wingers

Active Now

• Maroon4life
  • broncsgoat
  • ChewThePhatt
  • I bleed Maroon
  • peter09
  • GCBRONCO
  • BroncosAlways
  • theshed
  • Culhwch
  • Fozz
  • Financeguy
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Allo
  • Bish
  • Broncosgirl
  • Wolfie
... and 2 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.