NEWS David Wright: Broncos getting rough end of the pineapple

Played for Brothers in the 70s. Good player . Good leader.

Old schools norths devils guy from the era of proper tough bastards like bob bax, stan Napa, Greg Conescu, gillmiester Etc.

had a good media career and called broncos games for Chanel 10 on delay with David Fordham when I was a kid. great service to the Q cup too

by no means an idiot and proper guy.

Brothers not Norths and 70's not 80's.

Wright played 15 games for Queensland- 11 interstate and one Test in 1975. Lost the 1974 GF to Valleys 9-2. Was Brothers captain 75-77.

Brothers not Norths and 70's not 80's.

Wright played 15 games for Queensland- 11 interstate and one Test in 1975. Lost the 1974 GF to Valleys 9-2. Was Brothers captain 75-77.
he was a good mate Of a mate of mine from norths who passed away so wrongly assumed he was at norths. Cheers for the pick up And apologies to the brethren out there ...maybe I confused him with smoking joe who played at both ha ha

I think at one stage he was the only Qlder picked in the Australian side and the bloke who missed out whinged that he was a token selection. ( I could be getting him mixed up with Greg Veivers )

Anyway, it's about time someone had a blow up. We can't even get someone from our own papers to point this stuff out.
The CM at least used to go on the front foot on our behalf but these blokes may as well be writing for NSW publications.
I know people have been waiting for Seibold to say something but TBF you kind of lose the right to whinge about refs when you have been toweled up even if it is true.

Seibs could have gone into bat fro Carrigan I thought. How JWH gets away with a $1500 fine with his record and Patty gets a grade 2 for that is beyond me.

I think it's up to our upper management to bring this to light and get some answers from the NRL. The reffing has been so inconsistant and biased against us.
I think the upper management pay more attention to the profit than glory these days, with premiership or not, they making good money, so they can not care any less

i don't know who this bloke is ... but I LIKE HIM

He was a commentator on the ABC .
Did Q Cup with Warren Boland for years .
I liked hearing he got a ref`s ticket .

Last edited:
Yes 6 again rule is just a way for the NRL to manipulate results without any scrutiny. I don't see why a governing body would have a preference for one team over another being successful but it's obvious this is happening.

Last edited:

Active Now

• Broncosarethebest
  • Broncosgirl
  • Xzei
  • simplythebest
  • HarryAllan7
  • john1420
  • Stix
  • Old Mate
  • Fitzy
  • mrslong
  • Porthoz
  • Brocko
  • johnny plath
  • Financeguy
  • mystico
  • ivanhungryjak
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.