Day of Locky's last regular season game?

B

Broncojim

NYC Player
Jul 9, 2011
Hi guys,

Just wondering which day everyone thinks this game will be on? I'm going to be coming up from Sydney so just wanted to get an idea so I could book flights or take time off work etc

I was thinking it would be Sunday but you never know with NRL scheduling...

Thoughts?

P.S Sorry If this isnt in the right spot/thread, please move if needed

I just thought the NRL might make a big deal out of his last regular season game...

I thought the Broncs had put in a request for a Sunday game so more kids could go.

I'm praying for it to be Sunday. I bought tickets to Anberlin (which i really wanna see) on the friday of that week not knowing it was the locky game week :S

Yeah there's a big push for it to be on a Sunday.
As coxy said Ch 9 might not honour that, we won't know for sure until 6 weeks out(which is soon??).

If it's a Sunday game I want to go.
I hate going to Friday night games, if the Broncos had more Sunday games I would go way more often to games.

I reckon it'll definitely be a Sunday.

Does anyone know when the powers to be will confirm if this is a friday or sunday game?

They should make it Sunday, have it live on 9 and in HD. The new "King" deserves it... *Bring on the flame*

ill be so happy if its a sunday.

The Nine Network is understood to be prepared to lose the ratings war to win the hearts of country Queenslanders by allowing Darren Lockyer a Sunday send-off in front of his adoring fans at Suncorp Stadium.

Should Brisbane fail to secure a home final, Lockyer's last Suncorp Stadium appearance would be their round 26 NRL blockbuster against Manly at Suncorp Stadium to be played some time over the September 2-4 weekend.

Normally, Nine would show the match on Friday night, a major ratings winner for the network.

But a Friday night game would deny many Broncos fans from outside Brisbane the chance to travel to the match with their families, so Nine is believed to have consented to having it played on the Sunday.

http://www.nrl.com/broncos-want-sunday-nrl-send-off-for-locky/tabid/10874/newsid/64036/default.aspx

It is on the Sunday people... :respect::rockon::rockon::rockon::rockon:

http://www.broncos.com.au/default.aspx?s=article-display&id=41243&title=lockys-farewell-a-sunday-blockbuster-at-suncorp
Darren Lockyer’s final Telstra Premiership club game scheduled for a live telecast on the Nine Network on September 4 at Suncorp Stadium.

rest of the round won't be released until next week.

The schedule for the remaining matches for Round 26 have not yet been finalised and will be released until next week.The decision to announce the selection of the Brisbane v Manly game ahead of the full schedule is in response to intense public interest in the match.

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS SOO GOOD!!! now i can go to Anberlin :))))))))))

Active Now

• Xzei
  • Big Del
  • Kev_Guz
  • Dazza 92
  • Foordy
  • Alec
  • ChewThePhatt
  • broncotville
  • Fitzy
  • levikaden
  • Financeguy
  • broncos4life
  • Ondi
  • Manofoneway
  • Fatboy
  • whykickamoocow
... and 6 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.