NEWS Dean Ritchie: SYD clubs ropable Fifita about to sign with BNE

let me tell ya boys....when that new contract is announced for Fifita....im gunna go fuckin mental.!!

Sports journalism is a joke these days... the Sydney scum realise all they have to do is link the Broncos into anything and they get anger from the moronic Sydney locals who believe everything they say and clicks from Broncos fans, because we can't help ourselves but read up on our club.

When their claims are dismissed as outright lies there's no punishment back on the "journo" who made the claims in the first place.

Back in the day the courier mail would take an article like this with contempt and usually fire back a reply, because the Broncos were the Queensland team and NSW were the enemy who didn't know anything about QLD... NSW still know nothing and think we're just here to supplement the NSWRL, but nowadays I'd guess that most of the Courier Fail editing goes through the NSW component of their company (because they probably sacked half the staff as their newspapers slowly died off) killing off any rivalry between the papers except for the manufactured garbage they spew up around origin time.

At the moment the Broncos brand (one of the biggest sporting brands in the country) just sits there and takes a hammering from all sides, because we get clicks.

It's not like he was ever going to the Tigers or the Knights or any of the other bottom feeding NSW clubs. If he was leaving Brisbane it was probably only Souths or the Roosters - two cashed up clubs who have already had recent success and already have stacked rosters, like that would have been a good thing for the League. There honestly seems to be a genuine sense of shock, bordering on outright anger, when any player chooses to sign anywhere besides a high profile Sydney club, especially the Roosters and Souths.

Honestly, the absurdity of some of the comments. It's almost as if they're shocked that 750k to stay in Brisbane, in a city with a much lower cost of living, at a club you've come up through, staying close to all your family and lifelong friends, was somehow a more appealing prospect than going to the Roosters for a million bucks instead.

Last edited:
It's not like he was ever going to the Tigers or the Knights or any of the other bottom feeding NSW clubs. If he was leaving Brisbane it was probably only Souths or the Roosters - two cashed up clubs who have already had recent success and already have stacked rosters, like that would have been a good thing for the League. There honestly seems to be a genuine sense of shock, bordering on outright anger, when any player chooses to sign anywhere besides a high profile Sydney club, especially the Roosters and Souths.

Honestly, the absurdity of some of the comments. It's almost as if they're shocked that 750k to stay in Brisbane, in a city with a much lower cost of living, at a club you've come up through, staying close to all your family and lifelong friends, was somehow a more appealing prospect than going to the Roosters for a million bucks instead.
There is also no way the rooster or rabbits were throwing a million at him anyway... I believe they've only claimed the warriors to be offering him a million dollar deal so far. I think there was talk of the dogs as well, but I can't remember the split they decided to go with as they coupled it in with the dogs throwing cash at the turbos and Fifita.

Yet because the warriors were willing to give him a million (apparently they're willing to give every free agent a million anyway) the moronic Sydney sheep then also believe every club must be giving him a million.

I'd bet that the rabbits and roosters offers would've been somewhere between the $700-800k mark and maybe a desperate Sydney club would throw $900k at him... actually I'd say the roosters weren't even in it considering they have Cordner and Crichton on the books and it would be far too much investment in their second row.

So if he is actually going for $750k then $50k from rabbits or roosters wouldn't even cover the cost of living... and $150k may have been enticing, but it would mean going to a basket case of a club.

Fifita's big pay day is the contract after this when he's mid 20's, regular rep star and potentially the best second row in the world, at which point he will lock down a 5-7 year contract.

Another quality Dean Ritchie paddle. I have no clue how this guy maintains a job each year. His reporting brings no relevance and a lot of the time pretty wild assumptions. When Dailey joined him for his TV segment each week - it was Tin Foil Hat time so often.

If hes annoyed its pretty fair to say Fifi is a locked in deal.

Last edited:
Another quality Dean Ritchie paddle. I have no clue how this guy maintains a job each year. His reporting brings no relevance and a lot of the time pretty wild assumptions. When Dailey joined him for his TV segment each week - it was Tin Foil Hat time so often.

If hes annoyed its pretty fair to say Fifi is a locked in deal.
The entire NRL media in both Sydney and Brisbane could really use a good, thorough clean out. It's seemingly so rotten and agenda driven without any real news being reported that honestly, it would be better to scrap the whole thing and start again.

There is also no way the rooster or rabbits were throwing a million at him anyway... I believe they've only claimed the warriors to be offering him a million dollar deal so far. I think there was talk of the dogs as well, but I can't remember the split they decided to go with as they coupled it in with the dogs throwing cash at the turbos and Fifita.

Yet because the warriors were willing to give him a million (apparently they're willing to give every free agent a million anyway) the moronic Sydney sheep then also believe every club must be giving him a million.

I'd bet that the rabbits and roosters offers would've been somewhere between the $700-800k mark and maybe a desperate Sydney club would throw $900k at him... actually I'd say the roosters weren't even in it considering they have Cordner and Crichton on the books and it would be far too much investment in their second row.

So if he is actually going for $750k then $50k from rabbits or roosters wouldn't even cover the cost of living... and $150k may have been enticing, but it would mean going to a basket case of a club.

Fifita's big pay day is the contract after this when he's mid 20's, regular rep star and potentially the best second row in the world, at which point he will lock down a 5-7 year contract.
None of these media idiots consider the tax implications. Even an extra $200K is only really $100K because he loses half in tax. If you then take into account the cost of living difference, the difference in property costs and the ability of his agent to potentially obtain more or better value 3rd party agreements in Brisbane over Sydney, there really is no mystery about him staying here.

This is without even considering his age and his understandable desire to stay at home and stay where his friends and family are.

The entire NRL media in both Sydney and Brisbane could really use a good, thorough clean out. It's seemingly so rotten and agenda driven without any real news being reported that honestly, it would be better to scrap the whole thing and start again.
There’s a story on the nine news site about some grub journalist offering money to the mother of John Bateman’s daughter for dirt on him.

This is without even considering his age and his understandable desire to stay at home and stay where his friends and family are.

From 58-0 to Rugby League dynasty. The Brisbane Bronco story of the 20's.

Stay with your mates or go to a Sydney Shithole....... Tough choice.

Well half our squad like to attend ordinary dead beat establishments on the eve of finals games so I would suggest their standards aren’t very high when it comes to shitholes to begin with.

None of these media idiots consider the tax implications. Even an extra $200K is only really $100K because he loses half in tax. If you then take into account the cost of living difference, the difference in property costs and the ability of his agent to potentially obtain more or better value 3rd party agreements in Brisbane over Sydney, there really is no mystery about him staying here.

This ^

Which is why I have said countless times we should not have to fork out a million dollars to keep Milford after this contract. The Broncos had no power in the last negotiations because Hunt left for the money after we had already let Ash Taylor go and they couldn’t afford to low ball Milford and risk him leaving as well.

Unless Milford turns into 2015/16 Milford in 2020, I think he won’t get offered anything over a million in Sydney so we should be able to sign him on a deal similar to what Fifita is going to get or around the 800k mark.

Doubt Milford leaves his family for the higher cost of living in Sydney for an extra $100k after tax a year

It’ll be interesting to see what what we sign fifi for p/yr. I reckon around 650-750k. I just hope that this doesn’t impact on Haas who is only on 500k p/yr for the next 4yrs or so. I think they should both be on very similar money and I know they’re very good mates.
I doubt it’ll upset Haas but I can just see some grubby NSW club getting in his or his managers ear about how Haas could get around the 1mill p/yr in NSW.
I would be ok with upping Haas’ contract to around 700k p/yr once we have darius and Macca off the books..
We have a lot of coin wrapped up in this forward pack, surely we are in for something special in the next few years.

Last edited:

Active Now

• Johnny92
  • Organix
  • Fozz
  • BroncsNBundy
  • Broncosgirl
  • Cavalo
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.