Demetriou gone

It is certainly possible.

It also wouldn't be silly to think the Broncs did want Bennett as coach for 19 to maximise on what they could from a Bennett swansong year. They could then have had the most promising young coach in the business come in for 20 which was when his original contract expired and have Bennett in a mentoring role for Siebs and the players. If I was in the management position at the Broncs, this is CERTAINLY the outcome I would have been looking for.

I'm not saying I'm right but it was just never going to work, media and outside pressure would of killed us.
I also remember Rodger Wilco post that Brisbane wanted Bennett gone so who knows.

From what we’ve seen of Seibs so far he doesn’t seem like the kind of guy who wants or would listen to a mentor.

I think Bennett has screwed over his staff.

Yeah they got paid, but if he just swallowed his pride and kept his ego out of it and just finished his contract then his staff would have had a lot more time to try and secure jobs. Now they are unemployed.

If the board didn't actively seek out a replacement coach for 2019 (Bellamy) when Bennett had a contract, none of this would have happened.

JD did not improve anything while he was here. Our defense got worse and our attack also was bland. 2015 was our best year for both attack and defence.

Yes. Why wouldn't they? If Bennett could have acted like a grown up it would have been the best case scenario. They wouldn't have had to worry about putting certain players offside, and having him here for his last season as a Bronco would have been a licence to print money. "Be there to see the last time Bennett faces Bellemy as a Broncos coach" etc. etc.

That doesn't fit the timelines that have been reported, nor the accepted "wisdom" of those that feel Bennett has done the dirty.

If Bennett's primary infraction was dealing behind the scenes with Souths, you may recall that this all happened way after any rumours of an immediate switch were reported. The "untenable" word was thrown around from the moment Bennett was announced as Souths' coach, and it was shortly after that that the clubs and officials were working at ways to facilitate the early switch.

Now that people are blaming Bennett for the Broncos' support staff being left without jobs just shows how far beyond reason this debate is getting.

That doesn't fit the timelines that have been reported, nor the accepted "wisdom" of those that feel Bennett has done the dirty.

If Bennett's primary infraction was dealing behind the scenes with Souths, you may recall that this all happened way after any rumours of an immediate switch were reported. The "untenable" word was thrown around from the moment Bennett was announced as Souths' coach, and it was shortly after that that the clubs and officials were working at ways to facilitate the early switch.

Now that people are blaming Bennett for the Broncos' support staff being left without jobs just shows how far beyond reason this debate is getting.

Why bring in what other people are saying in regards to my post? This how these discussions get out of hand and turn into one side against the other. It get's to the point where if you say one thing negative about Bennett you are grouped into the 'Bennett haters' and if you say one thing negative about the club you are grouped into the 'Bennett lovers'.

I haven't said anything about his support staff, and for the record I couldn't give a **** about that one way or the other.

I accept that both sides have done the wrong thing and we cannot know either way what exactly anyone, but it is quiet clear that Bennett was playing both sides and scheming at others expense, and I don't like that.

I do agree though, I think this has gone past the point of any rational discussion.

From what we’ve seen of Seibs so far he doesn’t seem like the kind of guy who wants or would listen to a mentor.

I dunno, from the way he said he loves learning, you'd think it would be the opposite.

Seibold is ruthless! I have mixed feelings about it. Right now I can't but think of it negatively but when the wins start coming at a consistently good pace, I'm sure I will be happy for it.

Demetriou did a good job in his time at the Broncos. One would have to say, much better than his boss. There are vacancies at Souffs. Obviously but Demetriou won't be invited because he did a little too good a job and Wayne won't like that.

If the board didn't actively seek out a replacement coach for 2019 (Bellamy) when Bennett had a contract, none of this would have happened.

They made no attempt to lure Bellamy to the club. They didn't make him an offer or even discuss it. They said they would be interested if he became available and that's it.

Last edited:
I dunno, from the way he said he loves learning, you'd think it would be the opposite.
I just think there’s a difference between seeking knowledge and having someone looking over your shoulder. Seibold seems really clear about what he wants to do now and it will either work or not.

He had a mentor of sorts last year, he was in contact with Eddie Jones on occasions and bouncing things off him. He does consult, but it is his choice as to who he does that with. I don't think having someone imposed upon him, particularly Bennett would work.

Barker and Hickmans will also be gone as Seibold brought his own people for those positions
If Seibold has brought his own assistances from south then why is JD not able to go to souths, all sounds a bit dodgy. Never thought Bennett would sign to a club that won't let him pick his own guys

JD did not improve anything while he was here. Our defense got worse and our attack also was bland. 2015 was our best year for both attack and defence.
When we had kevvie. We went backwards because Wayne's ego couldn't handle Walters being a better coach than him

Ha ha ! Yep , it's all waynes fault and seibold is the messiah!! Seibold is going to read marty's mind and fix everything that needs to be fixed with the team .

When we had kevvie. We went backwards because Wayne's ego couldn't handle Walters being a better coach than him

MediocreAccurateFawn-small.gif

Active Now

• Dash
  • TimWhatley
  • Financeguy
  • BroncosAlways
  • Organix
  • Browny
  • bb_gun
  • Brocko
  • Morkel
  • Mustafur
  • Foordy
  • Waynesaurus
  • broncsgoat
  • Battler
  • Harry Sack
  • Jazza
  • Aldo
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Mighty Bronx
  • Mightybroncs2k17
... and 19 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.