RUMOUR Did Brodie Croft just become a Bronco over brunch at a Sydney cafe?

I think Croft at the right price is a no-brainer and worth the gamble.

Lets be realistic here, its clear we are not flushed with funds and can't just go out and have a pick of the half we want.

Considering Milford has been told to lose weight that means they are viewing him as a fullback. And SOS hasn't exactly filled Siebold with confidence considering he was dropped immediately for a Boyd/Turpin halves combo.

1. Milford
6. Croft
7. Dearden

That's a good combo to start with and atleast its a signing that actually fills a void that we need. A half that has a kicking game and can guide the team around and at 22, Croft has plenty of years in front of him.

I don't think him being told to get as fit as he possibly can means they view him as a fullback. I think they just want him in peak condition to fullfill his potential at 5/8.

One thing for sure is that if we are to sign Croft, we need to do it before the pre season starts so we can start getting some combinations working.
That applies for any Half we sign I think. The sooner we can get them up here the better.

sliding doors moment; from the above article;

"...Croft was a winger in his schoolboy days before being developed into a halfback..."

So was Cooper Cronk when he was playing with Smith and Slater at Wynnum Manly..! (hope it was Wynuum..??)

sliding doors moment; from the above article;

"...Croft was a winger in his schoolboy days before being developed into a halfback..."

So was Cooper Cronk when he was playing with Smith and Slater at Wynnum Manly..! (hope it was Wynuum..??)
Norths, and he was initially a Lock Forward from memory.

Last edited:
Milford trimming down might help his running game, but it won't make him a good Fullback. You need a special kind of work ethic to be a good Fullback, I can't see Milford suddenly being willing & able to take 8-9 more runs per game than he was doing during his Fullback stint this season.

That is definitely a major concern. I think if we start stringing some wins together, than Milf might show more of what he is capable of. When Milf is on fire he goes looking for the ball and is a lot more involved. Given our performances in the latter part of the season and our horrible halves combination, I think it was almost impossible to get a good gauge on what he could offer at fullback.

The fact he's from Brisbane just pisses me off. About time the Storm started developing from their own backyard.

This would be an absolutely disaster.

We should not sign Brodie Croft. He is just another young unproven halves player and from what I've seen, Nikorima is better than him.

We need experience in the halves.

Nikorima isn't better than anyone. Need to jump off that wagon I think.

The fact he's from Brisbane just pisses me off. About time the Storm started developing from their own backyard.

We will probably have one of their local juniors with us next year. To'Omaga or whatever his name is.

We will probably have one of their local juniors with us next year. To'Omaga or whatever his name is.
He is Victorian? Sounds like a traditional Victorian name. Is Tohu Harris still the only Vic player to play NRL? And they got rid of him.

He is Victorian? Sounds like a traditional Victorian name. Is Tohu Harris still the only Vic player to play NRL? And they got rid of him.

Tohu Harris? He was born in NZ and played all his junior footy there.

The only player I'm aware of from Victoria that's played in the NRL is Young Tonumaipea, and even he was born in Samoa.

Tohu Harris? He was born in NZ and played all his junior footy there.

The only player I'm aware of from Victoria that's played in the NRL is Young Tonumaipea, and even he was born in Samoa.
My mistake. I wonder where I heard that.

Cronk was a centre
I'm certain he played Lock a few times, I'm sure he played Centre as well and possibly Dummy Half too. He played just about everywhere for Norths.

Last edited:
The difference between the way Seibold and Bellamy do things is how they've handled Boyd and Croft respectively.

Everyone in the league could see what a dud Boyd was, yet Seibold persisted with him right up until the last game, and now we are likely stuck with him as no one in their right mind would take him off our hands.

Meanwhile, the Storm charge to the top of the table led by Croft, who is mysteriously dumped before the finals. Good luck getting to the bottom of why, but Bellamy will have a good reason. He might not be wanted by Melbourne, but his market value is intact. He is still highly desirable to us. In fact, we hope he can save our club.

Fuckin hell.

Last edited:

Woops, it's Francis Tualau. Started out with Melb and went to the Dogs, plays with Wynnum now.

Active Now

• bb_gun
  • Financeguy
  • Xzei
  • Brocko
  • Rah88
  • Jazza
  • LittleDavey
  • Morkel
  • ivanhungryjak
  • broncos4life
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • Mustafur
  • Mr Fourex
  • BroncosAlways
  • Justwin
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Broncosgirl
  • Santa
  • Gaz
  • Sproj
... and 24 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.