RUMOUR Did Brodie Croft just become a Bronco over brunch at a Sydney cafe?

I would be happy with Croft if he can get his bad habits out of his game.

When he's playing simple footy, he's a good halfback and he'll be a good foil for Milford. It could be a very successful halves pairing. However, he has a habit of overplaying his hand which is one of the reasons why he is in and out of the Melbourne side. He keeps trying to come up with the miracle play, especially when the Storm are behind. He just needs to play simple footy. Guide the forwards, do the kicking and let Milford do the rest.

If he can do that, he'll be a good signing.
It's no good if the miracle play never comes off but if he could develop that
maybe Dearden could become a good foil for Croft

you have low standards if simply playing in a GF makes you a club great ...

going by your standards then Harvey Howard, Dane Carlaw and Shane Perry (2006) are also club greats ... not to mention Ash Harrison who only played a few years for us before fucking off for more money.
Was far from a fan but he was a better five eighth than Milford.
[automerge]1569552836[/automerge]
So he's the Shane Perry of his time. Congrats? lol
How many origins did Shane Perry play?

Last edited:
I think the simple facts is that Croft is from an elite grammar school and Smith grew up playing for a Logan Bogan school so I would imagine the culture clash would be enormous between the two. Still I'm sure he'll get on well with Patty despite the healthy rivalry that exists between their respective schools.
Culture clash ?? **** me it's not Beverly park and crompton plenty more bogans north of Brisbane than logan buddy .

going by your standards then Harvey Howard, Dane Carlaw and Shane Perry (2006) are also club greats ... not to mention Ash Harrison who only played a few years for us before fucking off for more money.

Carlaw is a fringe Broncos great in my books, 188 games for the club, won a couple of GF's, never played for anyone else in the NRL, played for QLD & AUS.

Culture clash ?? **** me it's not Beverly park and crompton plenty more bogans north of Brisbane than logan buddy .

If you are talking Caboolture, sure. Logan is bogan central, I should know I grew up there.

Croft should fit right in to the Broncos if he feels entitled.

Carlaw is a fringe Broncos great in my books, 188 games for the club, won a couple of GF's, never played for anyone else in the NRL, played for QLD & AUS.
He was fun to watch. A poor man's version of gillet in his prime. He quite reached that level of consistency of a "great" player but earned his immortality with greatest try of all time in origin, having a large hand in it.

Shane Perry IS a Broncos great!

Oh did a touch nerve there? I was comparing schools and types of education. The Logan bogan is unfortunately a legacy that the area will never shake on account of the two words rhyming.

Never quite hit the heights that was expected of him but when he was in form, he was near unstoppable. Out of form and he was rarely noticed. A good player but not a great by any means.

Yes he did win a title with us, but i don't see how that makes him a club great. He was essentially Walters version of Perry.
I can't believe I'm defending Ikin, but the guy played 17 Origins. If someone wants to call him a great, you don't need to piss all over him.

I can't believe I'm defending Ikin, but the guy played 17 Origins. If someone wants to call him a great, you don't need to piss all over him.

That may make him an Origin great ... doesn't make him a Broncos great

I think the issue is calling him a 'Broncos club great' as most of his achievements came before he got to play for us. I think he was a good player in his era. Perhaps not an out and out great, but definitely achieved quite a lot in his time.

I'd struggle to call him a Broncos club great though. He won a Permiership with us but most of his time here was marred with injury and a premature retirement as a result of those.

That may make him an Origin great ... doesn't make him a Broncos great
I think the issue is calling him a 'Broncos club great' as most of his achievements came before he got to play for us. I think he was a good player in his era. Perhaps not an out and out great, but definitely achieved quite a lot in his time.

I'd struggle to call him a Broncos club great though. He won a Permiership with us but most of his time here was marred with injury and a premature retirement as a result of those.
Guess you'd have to say the same about Wally Lewis, then. Ikin played more games for us than Wally did. And, Wally never won a premiership.

Guess you'd have to say the same about Wally Lewis, then. Ikin played more games for us than Wally did. And, Wally never won a premiership.

I would have him our best ever team, thats for sure ... but

unlike Ikin, Wally played a vital role in the early days, especially in his ability to attract quality players to our fledgling club

I would have him our best ever team, thats for sure ... but

unlike Ikin, Wally played a vital role in the early days, especially in his ability to attract quality players to our fledgling club
Wally is a Legend. Ikin is only a great.

Last edited:

Active Now

• Xzei
  • teampjta
  • Browny
  • kiwibronco
  • Jedhead
  • Midean
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.