RUMOUR Did Brodie Croft just become a Bronco over brunch at a Sydney cafe?

Yeah I saw those videos.. But the problem with those is that he only highlights the parts that suit his agenda. You can make any player look terrible doing that. And just like with the Sezer video, only highlights the parts that suit his agenda, he doesn't include everything else.

I am curious as to why you're sitting here calling people brain dead idiots for wanting Croft and yet you talk up a guy that's praising Sezer despite Sezer being no different to Croft.. The only reason Sezer is even in first grade at the moment is because they don't have anyone else. Next season, he'll be back in reserve grade. You would think if he was so good, he wouldn't have that problem.

But there is a reason why he does have that problem, it's because he just isn't that good. Very inconsistent and doesn't really stand up in the big games.

Yeah, call everyone brain dead idiots for wanting Croft and then praise a guy that wants Sezer.

What people tend to forget about Sezer is he found himself in reserve grade this year. He got injured, Sam Williams took his opportunities and Sezer couldn’t get a look in again until Wighton went on Origin duties.

I’d only take Sezer over Croft because of his left foot kicking game and converting but other than that, I’m happy to take a punt on Croft who only seems to be out of favour because of the stack of talent the Storm have in the spine. IMO Sezer also seems to be best utilitied as a 6 in the Milford role with a controlling half alongside him. He absolutely shone at the Titans as a 6.

Croft might not be the long term answer but he is as sure as shit better than what we currently have.

Last edited:
Is Hughes better in defence? That’s the only reason I can think of as to why he is dropped. They don’t need his playmaking anymore because of paps so they figured they would sure up their edge defence. Just an observation.
Maybe but stats suggest Croft is solid in defense.

maybe Hughes gets on better with Smith ... The Storms problem will be when Smith leaves there won't be an organiser in their spine anymore.

from the reports i've read, Croft is a decent game manager ... he just doesn't get to show it as much at the Storm, because Smith demands that role
Well from what's been said there's obviously an issue between the two.
From what I've heard and seen Croft is a little more of an instinctive and running half , dosen't like to play to the storms game plan.
That's why they believe there is a rift between him and Smith.
Would love to hear from someone behind the scenes that knows a bit about Croft , some inside knowledge so to speak.

Maybe but stats suggest Croft is solid in defense.
Do they? Gezz I thought he was pretty suspect from games I’ve watched. But I’m wrong often so I’ll go by that then.

Do they? Gezz I thought he was pretty suspect from games I’ve watched. But I’m wrong often so I’ll go by that then.
Haha, stats don't always paint the full picture though. 83.2% tackle efficiency this year from 22 games and 93% in last year's final.

Haha, stats don't always paint the full picture though. 83.2% tackle efficiency this year from 22 games and 93% in last year's final.
That’s not bad at all, the one stat that’s not able to be tracked is the old (I didn’t miss a tackle because I was nowhere near where I was supposed to be) or the isaako stat....

maybe Hughes gets on better with Smith ... The Storms problem will be when Smith leaves there won't be an organiser in their spine anymore.

from the reports i've read, Croft is a decent game manager ... he just doesn't get to show it as much at the Storm, because Smith demands that role
Which is why Storm want to hold onto him for another year and keep in in reserves.

They don't actually want to loose him, but they see more upside in Pappenhuazen. And to keep Croft means they can't upgrade Pappenhuazen enough to guarantee keeping him. So they need to make an economic choice to cut him loose now

Is there any rumour as to what Croft is going to cost us? Anything under 400k I would say seems fair.

Bellamy came out saying that he or the club never gave permission or were aware he was out talking? Monopoly games much.

Not entirely sure if Niko is better than Croft, may of said that in frustration lol but to me, they are similar type players. They like to run the ball, they seem to have the same kind of kicking game etc. Croft is very error prone and if he can't thrive in the Storm system, do you really think he's the guy to lead us? He's what, 22 years old. He's played a GF sure, but how did that turn out? They got smashed with Croft at 7 and he did nothing.

I just feel we need more experience in the 7, that's why I'm really on board the Chad Townsend train. Are we even in discussions with him? Have we put the feelers out?
Mate he is deadset rubbish. You may as well promote Dearden to full time half instead of wasting money on Townsend.

Bellamy came out saying that he or the club never gave permission or were aware he was out talking? Monopoly games much.

since no official offer was made, i don't actually think it matters if we talked to him ... but if it does, then the Storm must have given permission, because the meeting wasn't exactly held in secret, in the shadows of an parking lot at midnight ...

edit: he never said Croft wasn't given permission to negotiate with rivals, just that he didn't know Croft was meeting Seibs ... he said he knew Croft was heading to Sydney as well

Last edited:
To be honest SOS had two good games. He seems to have a dig but his attack needs improvement. I think he was less impressive in his games in comparison to Dreaden.
If SOS took off his iron boots he would be pretty good. He makes a lot of half breaks and seems to be quick between the ears, but **** me is he slow. That makes him an issue in defence and attack as players know they can easily catch him.

Ok, so the million dollar question (God, hopefully not literally for our sakes):

Assuming we are signing or have signed Brodie Croft, what would people expect us to have paid for him and for what length of time???

He's been the Halfback of the side who won the Minor Premiership, although he's badly fallen out of favour. He's a Brisbane lad and it would appear we haven't had to get into a bidding war for his services, but he's also a Halfback with some reasonable runs on the board so he won't be coming to us for nothing.

I'm thinking a number around the 350-400k mark might be decent value and about what he would probably command on the market?
If we do sign him I’m not too worried about his recent falling out of favour. Bellamy is a perfectionist and ruthless I.e. chambers.

since no official offer was made, i don't actually think it matters if we talked to him ... but if it does, then the Storm must have given permission, because the meeting wasn't exactly held in secret, in the shadows of an parking lot at midnight ...

edit: he never said Croft wasn't given permission to negotiate with rivals, just that he didn't know Croft was meeting Seibs ... he said he knew Croft was heading to Sydney as well

I said this above....

It has basically thrown Croft under the bus.

Bellamy is only saying this so the Storm can say “we don’t want to lose him, if he goes then someone has to pay his full contract”.

Active Now

• Financeguy
  • Broncorob
  • FACTHUNT
  • Jazza
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • Organix
  • Ejbroncos
  • Old Mate
  • Yem
  • bert_lifts
  • Brocko
  • Browny
  • theshed
  • Strop
  • Rah88
  • Xzei
  • Johnny92
  • LittleDavey
  • Aldo
... and 70 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.