RUMOUR Did Brodie Croft just become a Bronco over brunch at a Sydney cafe?

we're just waiting on the courtship of Macca by Kearney to be completed .... then we will have the necessary funds
Seems ridiculous that they wouldn't have the money for Luke but would for Macca... Luke surely would have stayed for pennies.

Brodie Croft recently got a new Subaru from a Melbourne dealer. I don't think he will be with us in 2020. Would imagine it's some sort of sponsorship.

Brodie Croft recently got a new Subaru from a Melbourne dealer. I don't think he will be with us in 2020. Would imagine it's some sort of sponsorship.
Are they a sponsor though?

Doesn't necessarily have to be a team sponsor, Croft is also sponsored by Nike as an individual, might have something similar with Subaru. In fact it says on his Instagram page that he's an ambassador for Subaru, that's nothing relating to TPA's.

Isn't a TPA just an an agreement outside the club? Which is any externally sourced contract. Which an ambassador role would be?

It also says he's an ambassador for that particular dealer

Doesn't necessarily have to be a team sponsor, Croft is also sponsored by Nike as an individual, might have something similar with Subaru. In fact it says on his Instagram page that he's an ambassador for Subaru, that's nothing relating to TPA's.

Sounds exactly like a TPA.

Sounds exactly like a TPA.

I'm somewhat sceptical that the Storm needed to pump up the contract of a 19 year old that had 2 games of NRL experience with Nike & Subaru TPA's, but what do I know..

I'm somewhat sceptical that the Storm needed to pump up the contract of a 19 year old that had 2 games of NRL experience with Nike & Subaru TPA's, but what do I know..

Yeah Melbourne going out of their way to retain a half they don't need doesn't make much sense either.

Why pay more money out of your own pocket when someone else is prepared to do it for you?

Why pay more money out of your own pocket when someone else is prepared to do it for you?

Either way, it's somewhat irrelevant. If it were a TPA and they had agreed to give Croft a new car every "x" years, or whatever the deal may be, they'd have to give it to him, they can't just not give him part of his sponsorship because he may or may not leave next year.

Either way, it's somewhat irrelevant. If it were a TPA and they had agreed to give Croft a new car every "x" years, or whatever the deal may be, they'd have to give it to him, they can't just not give him part of his sponsorship because he may or may not leave next year.

So long as he is employed by X.

I don't think it means anything about him coming or going, it's likely part of his wage, which would make it a TPA. If he comes to the Broncos, he'll probably say he wants a car, hope he likes Mazdas.

The Storm didn't. If they did it wouldn't be a TPA.

The Storm didn't. If they did it wouldn't be a TPA.

What, lol.

The Storm are in control of which of their players get TPA's, they're used in negotiations.

So long as he is employed by X.

I don't think it means anything about him coming or going, it's likely part of his wage, which would make it a TPA. If he comes to the Broncos, he'll probably say he wants a car, hope he likes Mazdas.
Kia's now mate

Isn't a TPA just an an agreement outside the club? Which is any externally sourced contract. Which an ambassador role would be?

Suburu aren't a Melbourne Storm sponsor (so that car wouldn't be part of the motor vehicle allowance that is outside the cap)

so therefore it is highly possible that it is a personal sponsor sourced by his manager, that is not included under the Storms salary cap ... and if the sponsorship is not included under the Storm's salary cap then it MUST be available regardless of which club he plays for (otherwise the rules say the Storm would need to count the value under the cap)

Active Now

• Broncosgirl
  • Foordy
  • Brocko
  • Sproj
  • Morkel
  • cento
  • Stix
  • Organix
  • Mustafur
  • Mighty Bronx
  • bazza
  • Jazza
  • dasherhalo
  • MrTickyMcG
  • broncsgoat
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Santa
  • Nerd
  • Aldo
  • Waynesaurus
... and 23 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.