NEWS Dodgy Deal: Broncos accused of deception by Schoolboys captain

Well he will be your boy soon so I would be getting used to that attitude.

He might end up at the Rorters 😉

I'd be happy to see him as a player stay here or go the the Phins, but a bit like Haas and Staggs, i'm not keen on him as a character. I dont think you can use his age or him getting bad advice as an excuse, he's old enough to know you dont deal with things like this in the way he has.

Is he thought? All that will happen is we will be smeared and he will get his release and pay rise. Sure he has no integrity but anyone that can behave like this I would suggest doesn’t really give a **** about that.

Sadly, i dont think there is a great deal of integrity in the game anyway. If he didnt carry on this way it would be a mental health or family issue that needed him to get out of his contract ( assuming we actually didnt do what he said we did ).

Problem is with that is we need the Dolphins onside so we have to stay in their good books or they won't take the next Jamayne Isaako ( Tesi Niu ) off our hands when we want to offload him.
**** them, I am happy to keep Tesi if it means doing those ***** no favours.

All very weird. So they have received miscommunication from the NRL or someone on the media team went rogue?
Maybe someone at the nrl gave assurances to the club that there were no problems but were yet to do it officially.

I don’t think he’s worth the trouble personally, but it’s the cynical way it’s happened and the message it sends to others if the club rolls over. I’m sure the introduction of the dolphins has a lot to do with it, but we’ve now had 3 contracted players try it on this year, gotta stamp it out quick smart.

The game should be stronger on it to prevent this stuff from happening instead of sitting on their hands and leaving it to the clubs to deal with.

Sadly, i dont think there is a great deal of integrity in the game anyway. If he didnt carry on this way it would be a mental health or family issue that needed him to get out of his contract ( assuming we actually didnt do what he said we did ).

This is where it is difficult for him to do.

Home sick? Nope club is up the road so that doesn’t work.
Depression? Well how’s going 10 minutes up the road going to help? Can’t find a contract issue? Hmm better complain about unprovables I guess

The Mariner situation was being investigated at the same time, wasn't it?

Seems like Scanlan got his wires mixed up and got confused by which party was cleared and the statement was released not realizing the **** up.

This is where it is difficult for him to do.

Home sick? Nope club is up the road so that doesn’t work.
Depression? Well how’s going 10 minutes up the road going to help? Can’t find a contract issue? Hmm better complain about unprovables I guess

I would prefer him just to have been honest come out and say he just wants to play for his junior team than this carry on ( providing it is actually the Phins he is looking to move to, not sure we actually know yet for sure ).

The only other option for him would have been the issue of if we are trying to make him play a position he isnt interested in playing. Wouldnt be difficult to get us to come out and say we either are or arent looking at doing that, thats a narrative the Broncos could easily control to put a stop to that claim as long as we dont try to do it.

i Think its clear as mud that this is more the scum bag managers doing then karl.

I know even at 17 most people should be able to speak for them selves but you have to remember these are kids who since they were 13 have never had to make any decision in there life. they get told what to eat how to train when to sleep how to shit.

Dobbo made a good point yesterday. says he has seen texts and emails from karls family on how happy and grateful they were for the broncos for the 3 year deal.
then all of a sudden this new manager comes in and the broncos are the devil and we brain washed karl and his family with chicken sandwiches.

If it does come back that broncos done nothing wrong(and i believe it will) then the nrl needs to grow some balls and ban this manager for however long for the bs he has called.

I know some will say karl and his family need to take responsibility for how this has played out and i do agree to some extent and i dont know specifics on karls family situation and upbringing.
But it must be hard for these families who have probably grown up with nothing to all of a sudden have these scum bags in there ear filling there head with dollar signs and promises.

The whole nrl manager system is a farce and it needs a complete overhaul.

A thought crossed my mind that the fairest way to proceed would be to put it back on the Manager. Much like when a club wants a player to move on early, it only happens if a suitable option is found for the player - that is, an alternative club will need to be found.

The club should simply say “While disappointed that Karl does not feel the broncos are the right club for hum we fully support Karl’s personal preference to play for another club and will not stand in his way if that is what he wishes to do. All we ask is that Karl’s manager finds the club an alternative player of similar value to replace Karl.”

Anytime Karl gets his nose bent by not being released just keep telling him “we are happy to release you, we are just waiting on your manager to find us your replacement. We suggest getting in touch with him to see how this is progressing”

i Think its clear as mud that this is more the scum bag managers doing then karl.

I know even at 17 most people should be able to speak for them selves but you have to remember these are kids who since they were 13 have never had to make any decision in there life. they get told what to eat how to train when to sleep how to shit.

Dobbo made a good point yesterday. says he has seen texts and emails from karls family on how happy and grateful they were for the broncos for the 3 year deal.
then all of a sudden this new manager comes in and the broncos are the devil and we brain washed karl and his family with chicken sandwiches.

If it does come back that broncos done nothing wrong(and i believe it will) then the nrl needs to grow some balls and ban this manager for however long for the bs he has called.

I know some will say karl and his family need to take responsibility for how this has played out and i do agree to some extent and i dont know specifics on karls family situation and upbringing.
But it must be hard for these families who have probably grown up with nothing to all of a sudden have these scum bags in there ear filling there head with dollar signs and promises.

The whole nrl manager system is a farce and it needs a complete overhaul.
**** his family. If they were aware of all this and they were happy with it and advised him to sign but then advised him to act like this on the say so of some manager then they have no integrity and are shit parents. Seems like character is sadly lacking in that whole family.

No doubt this is all because his new manager wanted a slice of the pie, not much could have changed in the time where we signed him and now, he could met Kevvie and did all of that if he were prepared to turn up to training

**** his family. If they were aware of all this and they were happy with it and advised him to sign but then advised him to act like this on the say so of some manager then they have no integrity and are shit parents. Seems like character is sadly lacking in that whole family.

I wouldn't say Payne Haas' family have done many favours for him either and there's not too much difference in the way they immediately asked for releases

To Payne's credit though, he stuck it out and played some good footy through it all, probably a bit more developed mentally than young Karl than to throw a wobbly and make outlandish statements that can only bite him on the arse, whilst he's contracted to us

I wouldn't say Payne Haas' family have done many favours for him either and there's not too much difference in the way they immediately asked for releases

To Payne's credit though, he stuck it out and played some good footy through it all, probably a bit more developed mentally than young Karl than to throw a wobbly and make outlandish statements that can only bite him on the arse, whilst he's contracted to us

although the Haas situation should have been a warning to him, his manager and his family about how the club handles such BS.

if we weren't going to bow to the demands of one of the worlds best props ... we were never going to bow to the demands of a 17 year old rookie

Unread

Active Now

• Skathen
  • Broncorob
  • cento
  • Alec
  • Hurrijo
  • Rookie Alan
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.