Dominance of belts in the UFC

pennywisealfie

pennywisealfie

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
After GSP finally won back the welterweight title yesterday, it seems now that every title holder in the UFC is by far the dominant force in their division.

Lightweight: Bj Penn, this might be a bad call by me, but if Penn trains correctly like he has been, he will dominate Sean Sherk, and as good as the likes of Huerta, Florian, Lauzon, Stevenson etc. are, i cant see them beating penn, if he keeps taking the sport as seriously as he has over the last year.

Welterweight: George St Pierre, I know GSP only just won the belt back and hasnt even successfully defended the belt before but Im a huge Matt Serra fan, and even ill admit that Serra totally fluked a win over GSP. Since his loss to Serra, GSP has dominated Legendary Wrestler Josh Koscheck at his own game and totally dominated the greatest welterweight in UFC history, Matt Hughes and then yesterday cruising to victory over Serra. Whos next for GSP? From all reports its Jon Fitch, who GSP will dominate. The other good fighters in the division all would get owned by GSP. Hughes wont get another shot at GSP before he retires, Serra will one day no doubt get a rubber match but then gsp will **** him up, then theres koscheck who hes already beat.

Middleweight: Anderson Silva, this guy is the greatest fighter ive ever seen. he has run through Rich Franklin twice, Travis Lutter, Nate Marquardt and the only guy i thought that had any chance against him, Dan Henderson. The only 2 guys i can see going up against Anderson are Yushin Okami, who will be destroyed by Anderson and Michael Bisping who possibly could pose a challenge. id really like to see Anderson move up to Light Heavyweight tho.

Light Heavyweight: Quinton Jackson, This is the most open for debate here, but Rampage seems a class above the rest atm. I dont think Griffin will be much of a challenge, but there could be a few challenges for him in future, namely Shogun, Machida and Wanderlei Silva.

Heavyweight: Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira, I dont think minotauro is that great really, and i hate when dana white says the heavyweight division is stacked, because it so clearly isnt. they were talking about giving Nog, Frank Mir! Mir has been crap for years now besides beating Brock Lesnar. Nog is the shining light in a very poor decision. With Cro Cop gone, Gonzaga looking like shit in his last match, same with Kongo, hes already beat Herring and Sylvia, the only other challenger i can think of is Fabricio Werdum. The sooner they fork out for Fedor and get Couture back, the better.

Mir is one of those guys who has the goods to be "up there" but isnt a stand out fighter. He's a journeyman, who showed exactly what an experience fighter can do, when he made Lesnar tap, after taking a pummeling. But, yeah, I agree, the Heavyweight Division is very average. Lesnar needs to get that fricken belt.

Active Now

• Skyblues87
  • Broncos Maestro
  • winslow_wong
  • Old Mate
  • theshed
  • Allo
  • Xzei
  • I bleed Maroon
  • johnyE
  • Robboi_321
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.