NEWS Donuts hires world's top "mindset coach"

"Mindset" coach Ben Crowe has joined the Broncos as a player mentor. Former Nike executive Crowe has mentored such household names as Tiger Woods, Andre Agassi, Steph Gilmore and Ash Barty.

Ash Barty:

"Ben has become a massive part of my team ... helping me with my mental application, and changing my perspective of things in both life and in sport."

Screen1407bf003da412d2fe2be1b96e8a0cac

Ben Crowe talks about his work with Ash:

"Anyone can really learn and understand what the best version of them looks like. To become your best self, he says, you first need to let go of the things you can't control and focus on the things you can. Then, start focusing on authenticity. That's working out first and foremost 'who am I?', and really disconnecting with the persona and focusing more on the person. Ash someone who has really connected with their authenticity and given herself permission to be imperfect and full of struggle, and is going to fall down and make mistakes. It doesn't define the depth of Ash Barty."

"There are two types of people on the planet today. There's those who see vulnerability as a strength and those who view it as a weakness. If you're the latter, typically you are "very closed, closed minded, defensive. You feel like you're on the back foot, being attacked. You're not very compassionate."

"But if you view vulnerability as a massive strength and you lean into the risk and the uncertainty and the emotional exposure, great things can happen. When you accept vulnerability, "you're more open, you're more open-minded, you're more curious, creative, innovative. And you are incredibly compassionate — first for yourself. And if we can be kinder to ourselves in that way, then we will be more compassionate to others, and then you create a beautiful, amazing connection."

"We are so caught up in this perfection myth. We think we have to have the perfect body or the perfect job or the perfect relationship. We are all caught up in that 'I'm not enough. Don't get me wrong, you can be in search of excellence and self-improvement because you can achieve those things, but you can't achieve perfection. The antidote to the perfection myth is the ability to celebrate imperfections, and embracing vulnerability gives you the permission to celebrate those imperfections but also to be able to say 'I am enough'."

"From that foundation you can go after your goals without having to achieve them to feel good about yourself. That's called living. We are the stories we tell ourselves about ourselves. And you are the author of your life story, so the good news is you get to write the ending. Storytelling to positive effect involves going back over memories or stories "that are holding us back from going after our goals and realising our potential" and reframing them so they become a "more positive, affirmation-based story on who I am. From that place then I can work out what I want."

Donuts said:

“There have been some changes on and off the field which needed to happen. Some players and staff have departed, which is always a tough thing to go through, but we have extended a number of our current roster, including some really talented young players, and we have signed some exciting new players who will join us from 2022. Given the changes that have been made, stability is important now. We may add a few pieces to the program if there are gaps but we’ll also invest in the good people we have to continue their development and evolve the program from within."

“A few of us have been working with Ben Crowe of late. He’s in vogue at the moment, Crowey, especially when you see how athletes like Ash Barty and clubs like Richmond have responded to his work. He’s very good at what he does and if he can play a role in adding shape to our development, that can only be positive.”

“There’s been some big changes made inside the club already, now it’s about stability, setting a plan with short and long-term goals and seeing progress. I’m really enjoying the role. I couldn’t be more grateful to the board for their patience earlier in the year."

“When I did finally start, I came in with my eyes wide open and have found it really is an incredible club, with many great people working really hard to build on the foundations we have. We’ve had our challenges on-field over the past few years, but we’re much broader than that. Financially, we’re in a strong position and within the community, we play such an immensely positive role in people’s lives."

“The Broncos are a big part of what makes Brisbane tick, I knew that coming in and the past three months have only reinforced that. I’m sure our members and fans can see the direction the club is heading in football-wise now as well. I have great hope for the future, provided we all stay hungry and keep working hard. But it will take time.”

“I’m enjoying working with Kevin again, we can be very upfront and direct with each other because we both know we only have the club’s best interests at heart. We all know how passionate Kevin is about the Broncos, he knows what success looks like. We’re piecing it together, bit by bit and I’ll continue to provide him with the support and tools he needs."

“I think the on-field performances over the past six weeks or so have been a reflection of positive change. They are a connected and happy group. We want our players to perform consistently at a high level but that won’t just automatically happen – we need to sharpen our performance environment even more, so our players continue to grow and develop both as people and athletes."

“When we went into lockdown and the game relocated up here to Queensland, we said we wanted to come out of this period in better shape than what we went into it in. We’re on track. There have been some challenging times and we are always grateful for the support of our members and fans and, of course, our sponsors. We’ve made some tough calls with regards to change. Change is always hard at the start and can be messy in the middle, there’s going to be some lumpy parts to work our way through yet, but we’re all committed to working hard, working together and staying hungry.”

McHunt

We are no longer in desperate need of a rebuild. Finally we are right in the middle of one.
We have been waiting for this for fucking years!
I'm starting to fall back in love with the Broncos.

Welp, he's on some decent coin lol it's about time this club began using its resources

This sounds like when Walters brought in the coach whisperer.

Sounds like a gimmick.

This sounds like when Walters brought in the coach whisperer.

Sounds like a gimmick.

many top teams use sports psychologists.

Hell even the Australian Cricket Team during one of their most dominant periods in the early 2000's used one

It's been a long time coming that we get someone like this in, ironically the person who could have used it the most wont be here to benefit from it tho.

It's been a long time coming that we get someone like this in, ironically the person who could have used it the most wont be here to benefit from it tho.

we'll get to see if Phil Jauncey is a miracle worker.

bring back phil jauncey

edit: beaten by @Foordy

Why wouldn't they?

They've got all the money in the world to sort it out, they can bring in people like this that other clubs simply can't afford to

Why wouldn't they?

They've got all the money in the world to sort it out, they can bring in people like this that other clubs simply can't afford to
do these sorts of people come under the staff salary cap? @1910

I think this is a great option for our club. Try get our players in the right head space for professional sport. So they know they have to put effort in physically and mentally to be at the top of their game.

many top teams use sports psychologists.

Hell even the Australian Cricket Team during one of their most dominant periods in the early 2000's used one

Yeah so did we during Bennett’s second stint.

It didn’t work.

Over that period we had the second highest win rate… would you take that over a spoon?

Not if that spoon was the result of having three of the best spine players of all time and a gun squad around them.

Active Now

• cento
  • Foordy
  • Big Del
  • Fozz
  • Xzei
  • GCBRONCO
  • FACTHUNT
  • Sproj
  • kiwi2
  • Fitzy
  • BruiserMk1
  • Justwin
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • Broncosgirl
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.