Drivers whining about drivers

Mr Fourex

State of Origin Rep
I've been secretly conducting a roads & traffic based experiment since September last year.

It's long been a penchant of mine to drive almost exclusively in the fast lane (the right hand lane).

Anyway....the breakdown of lane hogs (out of 10) is as follows.

p.s a lane hog is described as one who is oblivious to all those around them.

Out of the hundreds that I've noted in my journal who not only were doing under the speed limit, but who simply refused to change lanes when there was ample opportunity to safely do so.

anyway......as I was saying,

2/10 were asian men

8/10 were women of various nationalities.

The conclusion I came to is

8/10 women drivers, are arrogant molls who should have their driver's license taken away from them.

Porthoz

International Captain
Staff
Re: Controversial Opinions

I thought as much Portmorkel......

You're assumptions are based on....well nothing really,

I move over when someone is behind me and wants to pass.
Glad you do, although I do not understand the need to stay in that lane even when there is no one behind you, besides it being illegal in roads over 80 Kph.

Mr Fourex

State of Origin Rep

Because generally it's the fast lane....and generally, I want to go faster than the speed limit.

as for it being illegal, the rule was designed to eradicate the very persons I have complained about. The problem is, it isn't enforced enough.

Enforcing it against someone who isn't interfering with the flow of traffic is just simply revenue raising.

Porthoz

International Captain
Staff

I generally also drive faster than the limit, but I've always seen that lane as a overtaking lane, so unless I am overtaking, I will keep left.

I have seen a lot of people changing lanes to let me past, then return to the right lane right after I'm past, even though there is no one in front of them! :crazy:

Morkel

International Captain
Staff

I generally also drive faster than the limit, but I've always seen that lane as a overtaking lane, so unless I am overtaking, I will keep left.

I have seen a lot of people changing lanes to let me past, then return to the right lane right after I'm past, even though there is no one in front of them! :crazy:
That is my concern precisely.

Nashy

International Captain
Staff
Brisbane

You still cause people to slow down behind you, or try to overtake on the inside.
We know you eye sight sucks, but those of us who can actually see with our rear vision mirrors can see cars approaching, and we can judge their speed. From there, we can undertake a lane change to let them go by without them having to slow down.

Undertaking is a problem on here? So you'll tailgate old mate doing 80 in the right lane, and not go around him?

soup

State of Origin Rep
T’ba

We know you eye sight sucks, but those of us who can actually see with our rear vision mirrors can see cars approaching, and we can judge their speed. From there, we can undertake a lane change to let them go by without them having to slow down.

Undertaking is a problem on here? So you'll tailgate old mate doing 80 in the right lane, and not go around him?
Undertaking is still illegal, so in essence, one illegal act forces a bunch of others to do something illegal or possibly dangerous.

Mr Fourex

State of Origin Rep

Exactly.

Here we disagree. Answer to your question. Yes.

Old mate....get the **** out of the right lane if you're not doing above the speed limit.

Mr Fourex

State of Origin Rep

You still cause people to slow down behind you, or try to overtake on the inside.
Pfft !!

Drivers who are totally oblivious to whats going on around them should also have their licenses suspended and be made to do a "drivers awareness" course.

Nashy

International Captain
Staff
Brisbane

Undertaking is still illegal, so in essence, one illegal act forces a bunch of others to do something illegal or possibly dangerous.
I've heard this about undertaking a lot. I'm really interested to know how it's enforced.

If someone is driving slow in the right lane, and someone passes on the left, who wasn't in the right lane, is that classed as illegal?

soup

State of Origin Rep
T’ba

You learn something new everyday, 18 years of thinking that was the law.. No wonder people cut across lanes constantly without penalty.

Morkel

International Captain
Staff

Pretty sure it was made legal when they made "keep left" official, not just courtesy. Otherwise you'd get a nob doing 60 in the right hand lane of an 8 lane freeway and it would be illegal to go past him.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create free account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Twitter