Drop milford

Well due to his age and the state of the NRL squad, ideally Dearden develops in Q cup but Milford is too detrimental to the main squad to allow that. So the next best thing is to have him have a heavily reduced role in the main team, so he can slowly develop there while minimising the pressure he’s under.

Start with simple directives such as “run first, defend well, kick only if needed” while the more experienced Croft does the game managing. Once the team improves their defence and the basics in attack are starting to improve, than you slowly add more complexities to the kids game.

See my other post above about Milford. As for your pertinent comments about Dearden, I can remember a number of games Dearden played over the last few years where he accounted for himself rather well for a rookie. He combined really well with Milford. Now, under Kevvie, he is being regarded by us as some kid again, a newbie, a rookie without much of a clue. FFS he has played at the top level for 3 years - not a lot of games, but he isn't exactly inexperienced.

So far, I am seeing Dearden do basically nothing but catch and pass, where in years past, he did a whole lot more. For mine, he ought to be allowed to own his side and take control of it. Anyway, maybe I'm wrong about this. We can only wait and see.

One really good sign late in the game was Dearden and Croft combining down the left edge close to the Panthers try line. Almost never see our halves combine like that in the danger zone like the good teams. More of that.

See my other post above about Milford. As for your pertinent comments about Dearden, I can remember a number of games Dearden played over the last few years where he accounted for himself rather well for a rookie. He combined really well with Milford. Now, under Kevvie, he is being regarded by us as some kid again, a newbie, a rookie without much of a clue. FFS he has played at the top level for 3 years - not a lot of games, but he isn't exactly inexperienced.

So far, I am seeing Dearden do basically nothing but catch and pass, where in years past, he did a whole lot more. For mine, he ought to be allowed to own his side and take control of it. Anyway, maybe I'm wrong about this. We can only wait and see.
His time will come. Everyone wants to rush these kids into positions of great responsibility. Others have made this point but Cleary honed his craft gradually next to an experienced dominate half before eventually being given the keys to the team. I don’t think Dearden has been gifted this same opportunity yet due to the shambles the club has been in. I’m happy for him to take it slow this year and build him up.

I have absolutely no issues with Milford being dropped, as I said in another post about it. It was the best thing for him and the team. I just don't like it when he becomes a convenient, uncritical go to explanation for the team's failures. He was certainly part of them, but some perspective is needed or other problems might be ignored. Anyway, I'm done with Milford until his future becomes clear.
Well, DB was blamed by many in exactly the same fashion and I believe you took part in that so you'll understand why people blame Milford for global warming. I do understand being unhappy with unjust vilification because there's plenty on here.

Well, DB was blamed by many in exactly the same fashion and I believe you took part in that so you'll understand why people blame Milford for global warming. I do understand being unhappy with unjust vilification because there's plenty on here.

Apples & oranges. In any case, I am done with the Milford scenario, and certainly done with DB.

To be honest I think Dearden has very deliberately not shown us any moments that makes us sit up and take notice. Well, almost nothing but I thought I glimpsed his 'next level' game. The place where he keeps his trick shots, his clever shit. I think he's keeping it in check in order to stay in first grade, to simply do his primary job. I have a feeling we should hang on to him and there may be more creativity available after he learns he's a permanent fixture.
His best game is clearly hide and seek then...

Active Now

• kman
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Mr Fourex
  • Organix
  • winslow_wong
  • mystico
  • Porthoz
  • BroncosAlways
  • Foordy
  • Harry Sack
  • Stix
  • Xzei
  • cento
  • bazza
  • Justwin
  • Johnny92
  • broncos4life
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Strop
  • Broncosgirl
... and 13 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.