Drop milford

Happy to see Milford dropped, he needs a wake up call.

Dearden and Croft probably going to be shit, but we are playing Penrith, we are not going to win this game no matter what we do.

Not sure I agree with Niu being dropped though, he had some shockers last week but i think he deserves the right to make it up.
Dearden and Croft will likely combine for zero Try Assists, but honestly, how many more do we see Milford contirbuting?

At last!!!

I do believe we will actually be much better with Croft and Dearden and I'm unconcerned with the kicking. There will be a strict instruction for the kicks and I'm not expecting to see endless bombs. I won't be surprised to see kicking dead in goal or to the corner posts and into touch.

At last!!!

I do believe we will actually be much better with Croft and Dearden ........
I think your bias against Milford has you blind to what the actual reality will be.....

Anyway.......I can understand him being dropped from the squad.....and hope it achieves "something" for Milford and for the team as a whole...... for the short term.

Long term, I believe we'll be worse off, until a replacement is found who has the same footballing ability that Milford has.....albeit well hidden (currently)

I think your bias against Milford has you blind to what the actual reality will be.....

Anyway.......I can understand him being dropped from the squad.....and hope it achieves "something" for Milford and for the team as a whole...... for the short term.

Long term, I believe we'll be worse off, until a replacement is found who has the same footballing ability that Milford has.....albeit well hidden (currently)
Cheers but I really am aware of my dislike of Milfords rugby league skills and contributions. I did give him credit a few times over the last week, mainly for his improved defence. Milford has more ability than Croft but Croft gives all of what he has and Milford simply doesn't. It doesn't matter what Milford has in the bank, it's how much he spends out on the field. Croft is usually overdrawn at the end of a match!!

I'll take that, a trying player over non performance everytime. Milford has needed to be dropped for a very long time. This should have happened in Seiplods first season. The reality is we will have two guys in the halves who see justice finally being served as it's been either Croft or Dearden dropped everytime up till now. I know these two are going to give this match a red hot go. If KW arranges his forwards a little better we might be in the match for longer than most think.

Croft is a worse player and a worse fit for the team than Milford, but this needed to happen, Milford needed to be dropped. His attitude is just not up to scratch. Even if the Broncos get rolled, Walters needed to take a stand and this will be the first time I've seen him show some balls since he started here.

Croft is a worse player and a worse fit for the team than Milford, but this needed to happen, Milford needed to be dropped. His attitude is just not up to scratch. Even if the Broncos get rolled, Walters needed to take a stand and this will be the first time I've seen him show some balls since he started here.
I'm not sure if it is attitude but just lack of confidence and lack of enthusiasm, his stats suggest he's been trying.
I hope he can get back to enjoying his footy and regain some form, even if it is just to get him a decent contract elsewhere.

I won't be surprised to see kicking dead in goal or to the corner posts and into touch.
Never understood why we are not banging it over the sideline more,play the game at a speed that suits us.

Never understood why we are not banging it over the sideline more,play the game at a speed that suits us.
Because no one with any football intelligence has been kicking the ball. Turpin has put in some smart kicks but that’s about it.

I will take the worse player who tries hard and busts his ass every game over the million dollar talent looking disinterested and going missing for half of every game.

It's something they should have been doing more prior but it doesn't really slow the game down anymore since it's just a turn over.

I'm not sure about the rule on that. Do all the attackers need to be onside like, behind the ptb? If they do, well yes. If they do well kick for the corner. They may get the tap/handover on the ten but if they all have to onside it's a great way to slow things down and again, take control.

We should tape Milford's eyes open and have him watch this game on repeat for 24 hours. Maybe then he will find his love of the game again. The field goal to win this game is probably the absolute peak of his career. It's been all downhill since.

Back when footy was good.

I dont think the players kicking are skilled enough to find the touch line consistently... if at all for most games

It's been an issue for awhile where the players desperately need a break, but the halves just never kick it out.

The opposition don't need to kick it out either because they've typically had the momentum and keeping it in play just continues to tire us out

It's something they should have been doing more prior but it doesn't really slow the game down anymore since it's just a turn over.
I still think there would be atleast some time to set the line,better than none.

I still think there would be atleast some time to set the line,better than none.
I think there was one on the weekend and the break was basically like a slow 20m tap.

Had to wait for the defence to be set and the attack is behind the play the ball, but the ref will hurry them along.

You could definitely see someone kicking it into touch and then someone having a "cramp" to get a longer break ala Gutherson

Definitely enough time to get a little break in compared to a full kick chase and backing up with a defensive set straight off the bat

Rule clarification please.
When the ball goes into touch instead of it being a scrum it's a play the ball from where the ball went out.

So it's not as effective at slowing the game down as it used to be.

Active Now

• Broncosgirl
  • Redux
  • Harry Sack
  • bazza
  • Spoon
  • Johnny92
  • Galah
  • winslow_wong
  • Mustafur
  • Skyblues87
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.