Duckworth Lewis - retarded?

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Seriously, look at the scorecard for England vs India last night. Rain delays, and so it became a 22 over game. India made 166.

Yet somehow, England's target was 198???

WTF?!?

I think I understand the thought...that rain interfered in India's innings and if they knew from the start they only had 22 overs they would've batted faster. But FFS, it's a joke that you can lose a game by scoring more runs than your opposition.

Completely agree, Duckworth Lewis system has got to go. Maybe replay the match another day if a large chuck of the day or night is washed out. Maybe continue it the next day... I don't know. [icon_shru Lots of pros & cons in my suggestion but atleast it's a 50/50 match.

I reckon if there's a rain delay during the first innings, if the revised total overs means they've already batted more than half their innings, the match should be abandoned.

So in the case of last night, India had batted 16 overs when rain stopped play. It was revised to 22 overs a side. 16 is more than half of 22, match abandoned.

If it'd only been 6 overs, and then delayed and reduced to 22, that'd still give India enough time to use the reduced overs to accelerate and score more runs.

I just can't stomach a situation where you can score more than your opposition and lose.

who is duckworth lewis? parker lewis' brother?

Active Now

• Tmac
  • winslow_wong
  • Mum-the-meatloaf
  • Broncosgirl
  • Wolfie
  • IceWorks
  • Harry Sack
  • GCBRONCO
  • Brocko
  • Old Mate
  • Footy Fanatic
  • johnny plath
  • theshed
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.