E-Cigs / Vape thread

Discussion in 'General Talk' started by soup, Apr 20, 2018.

1. soup

soup

Noticed the throat hit was a bit rough and also a bit hot so dropped down the wattage which helped a bit. Decided to dilute the Nic juice with some of the 0mg vanilla juice I got at Sams smokes and now I can more comfortably take the tokes.

Before diluting, I noticed that the throat hit was harsher than the rolly ciggis and realised that if I don’t mellow it, I might start gravitating back to the cigs.

I reckon about 4mg is the sweet spot for me now. From what I read, it takes a few days for your throat to adjust so I’ll wait and see. The diluted mix is much smoother though and set at 27W, the heat is more palatable.

Harry Sack and Nashy like this.
  2. Yeah, 6mg on a lung inhale would be pretty tough. 6 and up is more MTL territory IMO

3. soup

soup

Anybody had experience with nicotine salts? I’ve been reading that nicotine delivery speed is much higher and akin to ciggis. I’ve got bulk nicotine being delivered today from spwn, but also one of his recommendations; legal, Australian prescription-based company - www.nicopharm.com.au.

Spwn recommended to retain some essence of legality (prescription, therefore therapeutic) regarding possession of pure nicotine and it makes complete sense with the massive industry changes coming in on July 1st.

EDIT: Here's how the law is at the moment:
    https://www.health.qld.gov.au/public-health/topics/atod/tobacco-laws/electronic-cigarettes
    Electronic cigarettes containing liquid nicotine are illegal in Queensland.

Under the Health (Drugs and Poisons) Regulation 1996 (PDF, 1 MB)(HDPR), it is an offence for a person to manufacture, obtain, possess, prescribe, dispense, sell, advertise, use or destroy nicotine, unless the person is specifically authorised or holds an approval under the HDPR. This includes importing electronic cigarettes containing nicotine for personal or therapeutic use. The maximum penalty is $9,108.

And I'm told (by Sam's Smokes) that these penalties are going up substantially on July 1st. So much so that it will become more illegal to import nicotine than it is to import cocaine... unbelievable.

One thing you need to remember is that nicotine is prohibited under state law. Not illegal under the federal laws that customers operate under.

I looked into salts. At this stage, there isn't enough info for me to move across or continue looking further into it.A

It's also extremely important to know that you are not using pure nicotine, nor should you ever, ever buy it. It's highly, highly toxic to humans in it's liquid form, and getting even a few drops of pure nic on your skin can result in a pretty horrid death by poison.

It doesn't surprised me that QLD Health would move to stop this. QLD is the most backwards ass bunch of useless old white men in the country.

soup likes this.
  4. soup

soup

Apparently WA is worse in terms of fines. It’ll be around $50k for them on July 1st.

5. WA might as well be a different country. They're absolutely cooked on that side of the country.

6. soup

soup

Went in to Sam’s Smokes last week when in Brisbane for work and got them to check a ceramic coil that I thought was defective (lop-sided) and they disagreed but replaced anyway. I also bought a smaller NRG tank which fits nicely, but trialling one of the higher wattage cores and not enjoying it as much. Ceramics are a win for me so far.

7. soup

soup

One thing I have learned is that overtightening is the enemy to leakage. The new tank is perfect.

Nashy likes this.
  8. soup

soup

Worth noting that the mod’s battery lasted me 2.5 weeks with enough left to go three weeks, but I wasn’t heavy usage. Still, no fuss is all you can ask for.

Note: Rookie error - didn’t prime the new coil
    From the new tank. Smoked within 39 seconds. Not entirely sure what the new coil is but the range is around 60w. Not sure I like it tbh. Too hot. Ceramic for me maybe?

9. Depends on the cotton. Try taking the watts down 10 - 15 and see if it's any better.

soup likes this.
  10. soup

soup

So I’ve found that I did need a MTL device as the nicotine delivery is much smoother and more natural for me. I can also stand higher nicotine ratios which helps to get the hit that I’m after.

Bought a new MTL tank for my existing mod and a whole new pen-style MTL kit.

image.jpg

image.jpg

Still getting leaking issues regardless of tanks on my main device... Back to the shop I go. ****.

Nashy likes this.
  11. The only way I got rid of leaking was to start building my own man. Every single tank I've had that takes pre-made coils, leaked. I know nothing about rebuildable MTL though and haven't used a pre-built for a long time. There could be some leak free options that I'm not aware of.

soup likes this.
  12. Morkel

Morkel

[​IMG]

13. soup

soup

So.i quit proper-like, about 5 days ago. The new vape pen is helping epically, along with strong patches, but I’ve had some absolutely **** of day in the last four days or so. My partner keeps wanting to buy a a pack of tobacco and it takes literally all of my willpower to convince her otherwise. **** it’s hard, but I’m done. I’m gonna make this mother fucker my bitch, not the other way round.

Last edited: Dec 18, 2018
    ningnangnong likes this.
  14. soup

soup

im going through about 5ml’s of 6mg’s e-liquid a day. I ain’t bothered. As long as I ain’t smoking a cancer stick, I’m going okay.

15. soup

soup

Hurts like ****... but I’m doing it this time.

16. Renegade

Renegade NRL Captain

U got dis

soup likes this.
  17. I assume your partner is on the vape as well? Or is she trying to buy tobacco because you're being a prick? What vape are you rocking again? Is it a mouth to lung set up or like pulling on a bong? @soup@soup

soup likes this.
  18. Haha, nevermind. Just read up a few posts. Just keep at it, I promise it gets easier.

19. soup

soup

Yeah, mouth to lung.

Surprisingly, no, it’s not me being a prick (like in the past). I convinced her tonight after some set-back news directed at me, that buying ciggis was a cop-out. It hurt my heart.

As @Renegade@Renegade said, I got dis. FFS!

Harry Sack likes this.