E-Cigs / Vape thread

Discussion in 'General Talk' started by soup, Apr 20, 2018.

1. soup

soup State of Origin Rep

keen to try the newer NRG Mesh coils, but VE don’t seem to sell them yet.

2. I get 3 weeks out of a GT2. Can't comment on difference in flavour across them cause I don't care about the flavour unless it tastes rancid. Delivers my nicotine. Although, I'm getting a leak out of this current one.

soup likes this.
  3. You're jumping about 20 steps ahead of yourself I think man. Jumping to building and mixing, take a breath.

4. soup

soup State of Origin Rep

Just planning for the future. I’m setting up a home brew kit atm for beer so thought ai should start researching the DIY coil method too. Doesn’t hurt to look into it. Either way, I’m sorted for the next 2 months of vape juic and premade coils. ;)

Thanks for your detailed PM’s regarding DIY coils. Really do appreciate it. Just a had a hectic weekend so apologise if I sounded short.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2019
  5. No apologies required. I'm just worried that you're going to confuse yourself, and moving too quick to building and mixing is one of the biggest reasons people go to the shop and buy cigs. It's far easier.

You're right, it doesn't hurt to research and work it out, just so long as you know the PITA factors are real.

Also. Never leave your tanks outside to dry off in the sun. Birds love the shiny. @Harry Sack@Harry Sack

Harry Sack likes this.
  6. soup

soup State of Origin Rep

Nah man, you underestimate me. I would always have pre built coils and e liquid around regardless.

A ciggi will never bother me again.

7. soup

soup State of Origin Rep

I’ve noticed the ceramic GT coils last a long time but deliver next to no flavour at the low wattages. The higher the wattage, the higher the flavour it seems.

8. soup

soup State of Origin Rep

Also, one of the greatest rewards of quitting smoking is the return of amplified taste and smell senses. I’m really enjoying having these back. The difference between tanks/coils/juices is enormous as I’ve experienced and with the premium juices that I’m buying, I wanna get the most out of them. It may as well taste **** delicious. It’s a good motivator.

9. soup

soup State of Origin Rep

I’m even noticing simple nuances as the difference in taste due to steeping time, or Chinese vs American nicotine (Chinese sucks arse). Flavours on the inhale and exhale vary hugely with different setups.

By the way, all VE.NZ shit is Chinese Nic.

Nashy likes this.
  10. Got my DHL message from them today ;-)

11. Renegade

Renegade NRL Captain

Sams smokes ftw

12. RIP Griffin build deck.

@soup@soup I haven't forgotten, just a hectic week last week. Funerals, friends surgeries and what not. Plus it's a fairly in depth thing and a lot of the stuff I have today is either no longer available or has changed to stuff that I don't recognise.

13. @soup@soup what mods are you running again?

14. soup

soup State of Origin Rep

All good mate, no hurry at all. Take your time.

This one:
    https://www.eleafworld.co.uk/ipower-5000mah-battery.html

The other is a MTL vape pen that I wouldn’t be able to use. Open to getting a new mod though.

15. So that will rule out a beefy Dripper build IMO. @Nashy@Nashy to confirm but I don't know that something like that will have the power to ramp up an RDA, not for any length of time anyway. Unless you keep the builds real simple, which at the moment is probably a good idea. Something like the Bonza RDA from VE is probably a good bet, the deck is a piece of piss to build on from what I can see and from what I've heard. Then we just need to grab some Kanthal and a coil Jig and you're in business.

soup likes this.
  16. soup

soup State of Origin Rep

Was thinking more the tank setups (RTA) at this point as I’d like it to be easy to take out and about without leaks in the pocket.

17. @soup@soup @Harry Sack@Harry Sack

That's an 80Watt mod. It's not really the mod you want to be using for this sort of stuff, especially without knowing the capability of the battery.

I'm reading just too much here to keep recommending rebuilds. Basic mods, placing in pockets, no leaks from a RTA. I just... you're not ready.

Harry Sack likes this.
  18. soup

soup State of Origin Rep

Yeah, while I appreciate the sentiment, I’ll go ahead and learn the hard way :)

These look interesting, especially the Kayfun 5 MTL which runs as low as 20W. Very interesting. No leaks, too ;)

https://vapebeat.com/vape-news/rta-tank-that-doesnt-leak

19. The hard way is running the wrong coil on that mod, and trying to explain to the hospital why half or your face and hand is missing. There is too much reliance on the protections built into your mod, without factoring that people can override it easily, to jump straight in. A lot of vapers online are the absolute worst teachers, because they know what they are doing.

Modwise. I'm in a Vaporesso fanboy time of my vaping life at the moment. The Luxe is a great mod at the moment. The Armour Pro is the single batt with same board, another nice one, wife's died in month 4 however.

Batteries. I'd be running 4 for the Luxe, 2 for the AP. LG HG2s (3000mAh each) or Samsung 25R (2500mAh)

Charger. I am currently using a XTAR 4 bay. Other good brands are Luc and Nitecore (Cheaper). It's not recommended to charge via the device due to the possibility of it not balancing well. I do from time to time in emergencies, as does spwn.

Ohm Reader. Optional, as the mod will do it. But saves putting it on and off the mod.

Coil Building Kit. Buy a cheap one. You'll get over this crap and just buy pre-builts I would say.

Dripper. I'd be starting here. Bigger build decks to learn what you are doing. See how small the coils are on that Kayfun?

Wire. We discussed this. For MTL - Forget what I said, I can't help you, but you're going to likely need a few different wires for MTL 1+Ohm and sub-ohm coils.

Snips. Goggles are the safety thing. Shut your eyes when you cut, make sure no other eyes around.

Cotton. CottonBacon.

@Harry Sack@Harry Sack - Have I missed anything. You'll need to guide him on an RTA and or dripper.

I ju9st want to stress that I would not be doing any building on either of those mods. You need to know the battery and battery condition before you start messing around. It's just not worth risking it with a shitty china battery pack.

soup and Harry Sack like this.
    The Kayfun is a bitch to build on tbh and that's from someone experienced. I copied the build of a guy that was gushing about it and tbh, didn't get the hype. It's certainly not worth the price tag IMO.

I get that you want to go for a tank set up (I agree because that's how I roll) but getting a cheap RDA will teach you how to build coils, how to install coils, how to tweak and strum your coils so they glow evenly and it will teach you how to wick. Wicking in particular takes time to master and take it from me, it's far easier to learn on an RDA because it's more forgiving. With an RTA, you have to be fairly exact.....too tight and the wick won't be able to keep up and you'll burn the cotton, too loose and instead of vapour you're inhaling liquid. Or it's pissing out of your air holes. Each time you **** that process, goodbye to the cotton and whatever juice you had in the tank.

Do you still come into the city once a week? I seem to remember you needing to stay in town a couple of nights a week for work. If so, make a visit to Sam's Smokes. Even closer to you is here....

https://www.facebook.com/KINGVAPEALOT/

They're in Toowoomba, so closer to you than the city. Go in and have a face to face chat with them. They'll look at your gear and point you in the right direction so you can do what you want.

soup and Nashy like this.