E-Cigs / Vape thread

Harry Sack

State of Origin Rep
The hard way is running the wrong coil on that mod, and trying to explain to the hospital why half or your face and hand is missing. There is too much reliance on the protections built into your mod, without factoring that people can override it easily, to jump straight in. A lot of vapers online are the absolute worst teachers, because they know what they are doing.

Modwise. I'm in a Vaporesso fanboy time of my vaping life at the moment. The Luxe is a great mod at the moment. The Armour Pro is the single batt with same board, another nice one, wife's died in month 4 however.

Batteries. I'd be running 4 for the Luxe, 2 for the AP. LG HG2s (3000mAh each) or Samsung 25R (2500mAh)

Charger. I am currently using a XTAR 4 bay. Other good brands are Luc and Nitecore (Cheaper). It's not recommended to charge via the device due to the possibility of it not balancing well. I do from time to time in emergencies, as does spwn.

Ohm Reader. Optional, as the mod will do it. But saves putting it on and off the mod.

Coil Building Kit. Buy a cheap one. You'll get over this crap and just buy pre-builts I would say.

Dripper. I'd be starting here. Bigger build decks to learn what you are doing. See how small the coils are on that Kayfun?

Wire. We discussed this. For MTL - Forget what I said, I can't help you, but you're going to likely need a few different wires for MTL 1+Ohm and sub-ohm coils.

Snips. Goggles are the safety thing. Shut your eyes when you cut, make sure no other eyes around.

Cotton. CottonBacon.

Harry Sack Harry Sack - Have I missed anything. You'll need to guide him on an RTA and or dripper.

I ju9st want to stress that I would not be doing any building on either of those mods. You need to know the battery and battery condition before you start messing around. It's just not worth risking it with a shitty china battery pack.
Can't really add anything at this point but you've gone to my point about the mod. I don't think it would be a good idea either and I'm thinking the guys at that shop would tell him the same. Other than that, I don't have anything to add tbh. Caution is always best when playing with this kind of thing IMO.

soup

State of Origin Rep
The Kayfun is a bitch to build on tbh and that's from someone experienced. I copied the build of a guy that was gushing about it and tbh, didn't get the hype. It's certainly not worth the price tag IMO.

I get that you want to go for a tank set up (I agree because that's how I roll) but getting a cheap RDA will teach you how to build coils, how to install coils, how to tweak and strum your coils so they glow evenly and it will teach you how to wick. Wicking in particular takes time to master and take it from me, it's far easier to learn on an RDA because it's more forgiving. With an RTA, you have to be fairly exact.....too tight and the wick won't be able to keep up and you'll burn the cotton, too loose and instead of vapour you're inhaling liquid. Or it's pissing out of your air holes. Each time you **** that process, goodbye to the cotton and whatever juice you had in the tank.

Do you still come into the city once a week? I seem to remember you needing to stay in town a couple of nights a week for work. If so, make a visit to Sam's Smokes. Even closer to you is here....

https://www.facebook.com/KINGVAPEALOT/

They're in Toowoomba, so closer to you than the city. Go in and have a face to face chat with them. They'll look at your gear and point you in the right direction so you can do what you want.
Yeah, will do. I’m in no hurry as I’ve got the next couple of month or more sorted anyhow, but I’m always up for a new hobby. I’ll be keen to try a few setups before I make a decision.

That KingVapeALot is a tosser. I have bought some gear off him, but I wouldn’t support his business going forward.

Bought my first mod kit from Sam’s, so will be happy to go back. I’ll be heading to Brisbane weekly pretty soon with the start of the semester.

Last edited:

soup

State of Origin Rep
The hard way is running the wrong coil on that mod, and trying to explain to the hospital why half or your face and hand is missing. There is too much reliance on the protections built into your mod, without factoring that people can override it easily, to jump straight in. A lot of vapers online are the absolute worst teachers, because they know what they are doing.

Modwise. I'm in a Vaporesso fanboy time of my vaping life at the moment. The Luxe is a great mod at the moment. The Armour Pro is the single batt with same board, another nice one, wife's died in month 4 however.

Batteries. I'd be running 4 for the Luxe, 2 for the AP. LG HG2s (3000mAh each) or Samsung 25R (2500mAh)

Charger. I am currently using a XTAR 4 bay. Other good brands are Luc and Nitecore (Cheaper). It's not recommended to charge via the device due to the possibility of it not balancing well. I do from time to time in emergencies, as does spwn.

Ohm Reader. Optional, as the mod will do it. But saves putting it on and off the mod.

Coil Building Kit. Buy a cheap one. You'll get over this crap and just buy pre-builts I would say.

Dripper. I'd be starting here. Bigger build decks to learn what you are doing. See how small the coils are on that Kayfun?

Wire. We discussed this. For MTL - Forget what I said, I can't help you, but you're going to likely need a few different wires for MTL 1+Ohm and sub-ohm coils.

Snips. Goggles are the safety thing. Shut your eyes when you cut, make sure no other eyes around.

Cotton. CottonBacon.

Harry Sack Harry Sack - Have I missed anything. You'll need to guide him on an RTA and or dripper.

I ju9st want to stress that I would not be doing any building on either of those mods. You need to know the battery and battery condition before you start messing around. It's just not worth risking it with a shitty china battery pack.
Yeah, I will definitely buy a new mod purposely for RTA/RDA. The battery quality makes a lot of sense, as does a good charger. I only use Eneloop Pro (Black) batteries in my house. Expensive fuckers. Would they be okay?

Last edited:

Nashy

International Captain
Brisbane
Yeah, I will definitely buy a new mod purposely for RTA/RDA. The battery quality makes a lot of sense, as does a good charger. I only use Eneloop Pro (Black) batteries in my house. Expensive fuckers. Would they be okay?
No. You will be playing with 18650. I would recommend using either of the two suggested above.

Nashy

International Captain
Brisbane
It should also be pointed out. You must select a battery that is verified for vaping. Do not buy cheap batteries from unknown suppliers that you don't trust. If you get the amps wrong, you risk a battery failure. It is also vital that you check the ohms and voltages of the coil too, to make sure you're not pushing the battery beyond it's limits.

soup

State of Origin Rep
Thanks fellas! Really appreciate the info. I’ll definitely go into Sam’s and have a chat.

Nashy

International Captain
Brisbane
Polar died today and my local shop didn't have a Vaporesso Luxe, so I've ended up with a Smoant NaBoo kit. I like it, tank is good, but I see me going back to my Cascade tank.

soup

State of Origin Rep
I wish I took note of when I quit, but it was around middle to end of November last year. Maybe early December. Still off the cancer sticks.

My skin looks the best it has in maybe 10 years, no shadows under the eyes, and I don’t cough any more.

Vape-wise, I’m down to 6mg and dropping slowly. No hurry because it costs so little compared to smoking, money and health-wise.

Best thing I’ve ever done.

Really keen to buy a good mod now though.

soup

State of Origin Rep
As I’m working in Brisbane again as of this week (staying at an Airbnb), i’ll be going to Sam’s smokes tomorrow.

What mod’s should I be asking about?

Last edited:

Harry Sack

State of Origin Rep
As I’m working in Brisbane again as of this week (staying at an Airbnb), i’ll be going to Sam’s smokes tomorrow.

What mod’s should I be asking about?
Honestly, I'd just go with what they suggest. Once you get to a certain point, it becomes about features. I'd keep it basic personally. I'm well out of the loop unfortunately, I don't watch any vape videos anymore and I'm actually at the point of giving it away. Went 2 weeks in Japan with zero nicotine and didn't miss it at all. Since being back I haven't even bothered to refill the tanks that I emptied prior to leaving, I just have the dripper which I've barely touched.

Edit: Vaporesso seems to be a solid brand these days

Last edited:

LockyersLeftBoot

NYC Player
Rockhampton
Honestly, I'd just go with what they suggest. Once you get to a certain point, it becomes about features. I'd keep it basic personally. I'm well out of the loop unfortunately, I don't watch any vape videos anymore and I'm actually at the point of giving it away. Went 2 weeks in Japan with zero nicotine and didn't miss it at all. Since being back I haven't even bothered to refill the tanks that I emptied prior to leaving, I just have the dripper which I've barely touched.

Edit: Vaporesso seems to be a solid brand these days
Just out of curiosity mate, how long have/had you been vaping for?

Harry Sack

State of Origin Rep
Just out of curiosity mate, how long have/had you been vaping for?
Not too sure tbh but it's an easy 5 years I'd say. I could have and should have given it up a while ago but the reality is, I enjoy it. I no longer need it though.....I know for a fact that I wouldn't go buy some smokes.

Nashy

International Captain
Brisbane
Not too sure tbh but it's an easy 5 years I'd say. I could have and should have given it up a while ago but the reality is, I enjoy it. I no longer need it though.....I know for a fact that I wouldn't go buy some smokes.
Only 4 for me in March, so less than that.

soup

State of Origin Rep
Didn’t end up going to Sam’s Smokes. Might do it next week. The pen vape that I have (MTL) doesn’t do it for me anymore, but it’s served its purpose, well and truly. I’ll never pick up another cigarette, and I know this because I’ve been out in the beer garden with mates and they’ve asked me to hold their ciggi while they nip off to the loo. I looked at it, and put it down.

So next week I’ll look for a second MTL mod, most likely a quality Vaporesso. Seems the go.

soup

State of Origin Rep
Btw, the Vaporesso ceramic coils are once again my go-to. The fact they run at 25-35W, extending battery life to days rather than hours, and last for three weeks, how do you beat that?

Nashy

International Captain
Brisbane
Btw, the Vaporesso ceramic coils are once again my go-to. The fact they run at 25-35W, extending battery life to days rather than hours, and last for three weeks, how do you beat that?
Spare batteries.

soup

State of Origin Rep
Obviously my batteries aren’t interchangeable, but I guess Vaporesso mods have interchangeable batteries?

Moreso the lifespan of the coils is what I love. Sometimes I only get a few days out of Vaporesso 2/4/6/8 core coils. Ceramics are more reliable it seems

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create free account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.