E-Cigs / Vape thread

Nashy

International Captain
Staff
Brisbane
A few days?! Something wrong there. Might be different with MTL.

You might be grabbing big mods like we use if you're not worrying about batteries.

LockyersLeftBoot

NYC Player
Rockhampton
Not too sure tbh but it's an easy 5 years I'd say. I could have and should have given it up a while ago but the reality is, I enjoy it. I no longer need it though.....I know for a fact that I wouldn't go buy some smokes.
Only 4 for me in March, so less than that.
I was a smoker for about 17 years, the last two of which I tried various NRT to try and ditch the stinkies. Nothing really worked. About 12 months ago I got on to vaping through some guys at work, using a couple of really basic pens and VistaVapor juice. Fucking magic. The wife & kids were all very supportive until last bloody week the kids went to the Life Freaking Education Van at school and Healthy Freaking Harold told all the kids that vaping was as bad for you as smoking. Fucking rot. I understand the need to dissuade kids from taking up vaping or smoking but fucking come on. Anyway, the kids are now pressuring me to stop vaping.

I don't feel like I would run back to cigarettes, but I also don't feel ready to put down the vape just yet.

Nashy

International Captain
Staff
Brisbane
Educate them better. If they're in public, it's the norm that they're fed a lot of bullshit.

Harry Sack

State of Origin Rep
If they're old enough, point them towards the Royal College of Physicians who did an actual study that consisted of more than 5 individuals and found that vaping is 90% less harmful than smoking cigarettes and is a legitimate quitting aid.

Ideally, you don't want to be doing anything but as Soup has said above and you would no doubt know yourself LockyersLeftBoot LockyersLeftBoot, the difference you feel when you go from smoking to vaping is massive. Plus you don't stink.

Kimlo

International Captain
Staff
Brisbane
Healthy Harold should shut the **** up.

I'm sick of uneducated ramblings sponsored by the Liberal fucktard government omg vaping is so bad, nicotine is such a dangerous poison. Because they can't fucking tax it, that's why.

Last edited:

soup

State of Origin Rep
T’ba
I’m around 10 months off the cancer sticks and not looking back. I still get the occasional pang which is hard, but I suspect that will always be there in weak moments. The key is that the vape method satisfies that craving - I would estimate 95% of the time.

About 4 months ago, based on the advice here mixed with my own research and advice from Sam’s Smokes in Adelaide St, Brisbane City, I upgrades to the Vaporesso Luxe ZV with SKAR-S Tank.

All leakage issues solved, purer taste, interchangeable batteries and much more control of my vaping requirements. I’m using the GT CCELL2 coils and cannot recommend them highly enough. At 35-40W, I get longer battery life, cooler vape (no more burnt lips) and about 3-4 weeks of coil life. Pretty fucking cool, and very affordable, especially now that I’m mixing my own E-juice from scratch.

Put in my first US order of 500ml/100mg premium Nicotine and was really happy to receive in under a week, even though postage cost more than the product. Still really cheap though (sub $70). Ordered separate PG and VG and now have a collection of premium vape flavours to convict my own ‘home brews’.

I was spending about $25 a week on consumables prior (60ml Charlie’s Chalk Dust - King Bellman = magnificent) but am now mixing a similar, though not quite perfected e-liquid for ~$3/60ml/week. Such a massive saving, plus I can modify flavour at will.

I’ve got three sets of batteries and never have any problem of running out of power.

I’ve also dropped from 8mg nicotine to 6mg, and now 4mg. This really has changed my life in so many ways. I no longer cough up a lung daily (stressed about seeing blood some day), the impact to family finances is almost completely negligible, and I can look forward to a longer life with my family.

For someone that smoked ~40/day on a standard day and more on occasion, this has been a complete game changer.

Huge thanks to Nashy Nashy, Harry Sack Harry Sack, Renegade (funk machine), and everyone else that contributed, I’ve defeated the ciggi monster and Right before my deadline of turning 40.

Just awesome. Sincere thanks guys. Lots of genuine love for what you’ve done to help me and my fam.

Last edited:

soup

State of Origin Rep
T’ba
Nice one man. Those Luxe kits are nice.
Very nice. Takes all the hassle out and the customisability is next level.

You were right about DIY coils BTW. Just unnecessary for me at this stage.

Last edited:

soup

State of Origin Rep
T’ba
Just made a lovely DIY juice at 6mg Nic with Black Honey (6%) which is a honey tobacco flavour, NY Cheesecake (4%) and Raw Sugar (2%). Not quite Charlie’s Chalk Dust: King Bellman good, but not far from it. Smooth for daaaayysss.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create free account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Twitter