EA Access

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by Foordy, Oct 25, 2017.

1. Foordy

Foordy

To all the xbox/PC gamers out there check out EA Access if you haven't already.

it is a subscription service for gamers available.

cost: AU$6.99/month or 39.99/year

What you get:

download and play any game in the EA Access Vault (while you have a subscription)
    10% discount on EA titles (digital download only)
    early access to new titles released by EA

if you cancel your subscription you can no longer play the games, but can pick up where you left off when you activate it again.

PC gamers can get an Origin Access subscription for the same price.

PS4 gamers get nothing as Sony weren't interested in offering this service and turned EA down.

the EA Access vault (xbox one) currently has 51 titles in the vault

the Origin Access vault (PC) has 38 titles in the vault

https://www.ea.com/ea-access

there are some decent games to choose from:

vault is here: https://www.ea.com/ea-access/games

Tags:
  2. Foordy

Foordy

I got a year trial when i got my xbox one in about 2015 and it was great then... but only had 13 games in the vault. I'll be getting it again for sure.

Once i've finished with Assassin Creed Origins anyway

3. Yeah I keep looking at it, and I keep telling them to go **** themselves on it. They've got a lot of nerve to charge the amount they do for barely cooked games, only to charge stupid prices to get the DLCs, while offering a subscription service that requires you always be online.

I'm hoping they learned their lesson with BF1 personally. COD and BF are the only ones still charging for DLCs I believe and they're getting slaughtered by Overwatch and a game that's still in Beta. The subscription is tempting though, I play very few games more than once. Could be handy for Battlefront 2 though after we all got sucked in last time......

4. Foordy

Foordy

you could always just go the 1 month subscription for 6.99 ... if you don't like it cancel, if you think you'd want to extend it the pay for the year as it is cheaper than month to month.

I'll probably fork out the yearly $40 as there are quite a few games in there i want to play.

Harry Sack likes this.
  5. How does it work with DLC? Take BF1 for example. Premium costs heaps, and I will only play for like a year.

6. What games are in the EA vault?

I've fell for this trap before with an Xbox Live membership. They promised I could download and play any game in their vault so I signed up. Once I did, I went into the vault and it was nothing but rubbish. Old games that no one plays anymore.

7. Foordy

Foordy

from what i can gather DLC is not included with your subscription fee, but you do get a 10% discount when you buy the DLC

8. Foordy

Foordy

@Super Freak@Super Freak from the most recently added to the oldest (xbox one games)

Mass Effect: Andromeda
    Dead Space 2
    Battlefield 1
    Titanfall 2
    Medal of Honor Airborne
    FIFA 17
    Dragon Age: Origins
    Dead Space Ignition
    Zuma's Revenge
    NHL 17
    Madden NFL 17
    Skate 3
    Battlefield: Bad Company 2
    Battlefield 3
    Star Wars Battlefront
    EA Sports UFC 2
    Mirror's Edge
    Mirror's Edge Catalyst
    Mass Effect
    Mass Effect 2
    Mass Effect 3
    Bejeweled 2 Deluxe
    Zuma Deluxe
    Feeding Frenzy
    Heavy Weapon
    Feeding Frenzy 2
    Bejeweled 3
    Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare 2
    SSX
    Need for Speed
    Unravel
    NBA Live 16
    Rory McIlroy PGA Tour
    FIFA 16
    Dead Space
    NHL 16
    Plants vs. Zombies
    Madden NFL 16
    Battlefield Hardline
    Dragon Age: Inquisition
    Titanfall
    FIFA 15
    NHL 15
    Madden NFL 15
    NBA Live 15
    EA Sports UFC
    Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare
    Need for Speed Rivals
    Battlefield 4
    FIFA 14[a] - is being removed from vault
    Madden NFL 25
    Peggle 2

9. Have already checked the Origin store. BF1 not covered by the subscription. They can go EAD. PUBG is where it's at anyway. If Spwn would leave some **** loot for other people....

"**** I need a scope or something. Anyone got a red dot?"
    "Yeah man, I've got one."
    ".......what else have you got Spwn"
    "Ahhhhh a holo a 2x a 4x and an 8x. Oh wait I've got 2 of the 4x. You want one?"
    "........."

broncospwn likes this.
  10. Yeah, so that's just not a good deal for mine. I get why someone who plays heaps of games would love it, but right now, I play two games, one is made by EA. A 10% discount on the EA store or Xbox store is basically fisting yourself with the left hand instead of your right. Discounts aren't discounts if the prices are inflated to cover the discount.

11. "I'm set for late game I don't need to loot"
    "Alright, head for blue"
    "Lets just stop here so I can steal all the shit you have and give you the scraps I don't want"
    "I'm taking the red house"
    *spwn takes red house too*

broncospwn likes this.
  12. "**** yeah Military vest boys!!! *looks down* Where the ****.....?"

Notices spwns icon slinking away.

broncospwn and Nashy like this.
  13. There's something to be said for what another mate of mine does. If he calls a house and you go in it, or follow him in, you will get shot. Won't kill you, but you'll cop one in the foot.

broncospwn likes this.
  14. Sorry to say it. But this is now a thing. @broncospwn@broncospwn - This is your warning, bitch.

I don't shoot to hurt. I spray to kill.

broncospwn and Harry Sack like this.
  15. A few good games. But that list is mostly average, full of games no one really plays anymore.

Who the fucks plays golf games?

16. I used to play TW all the time. Great game to sit in front of after a few cones with a couple of mates. No rushing, you can get up and go for more cones between hits too.

GIR

soup likes this.
  17. soup

soup

Funnily enough, me too. Always loved golf games. Weed might be a pre-req.

Nashy likes this.
  18. soup

soup

Outlaw Golf on Xbox. Pounds consumed playing that.

Nashy likes this.
    If we weren't busting out TF2 on our PC's, we were usually into TW PGA 2010, and then 11 (Dem graphics upgrades).

soup likes this.