EA Access

Foordy

International Rep
  • Staff
To all the xbox/PC gamers out there check out EA Access if you haven't already.

it is a subscription service for gamers available.

cost: AU$6.99/month or 39.99/year

What you get:

download and play any game in the EA Access Vault (while you have a subscription)
10% discount on EA titles (digital download only)
early access to new titles released by EA

if you cancel your subscription you can no longer play the games, but can pick up where you left off when you activate it again.

PC gamers can get an Origin Access subscription for the same price.

PS4 gamers get nothing as Sony weren't interested in offering this service and turned EA down.

the EA Access vault (xbox one) currently has 51 titles in the vault

the Origin Access vault (PC) has 38 titles in the vault

https://www.ea.com/ea-access

there are some decent games to choose from:

vault is here: https://www.ea.com/ea-access/games

Foordy

International Rep
  • Staff
I got a year trial when i got my xbox one in about 2015 and it was great then... but only had 13 games in the vault. I'll be getting it again for sure.

Once i've finished with Assassin Creed Origins anyway

Nashy

International Captain
Brisbane
Yeah I keep looking at it, and I keep telling them to go **** themselves on it. They've got a lot of nerve to charge the amount they do for barely cooked games, only to charge stupid prices to get the DLCs, while offering a subscription service that requires you always be online.

Harry Sack

State of Origin Rep
Yeah I keep looking at it, and I keep telling them to go **** themselves on it. They've got a lot of nerve to charge the amount they do for barely cooked games, only to charge stupid prices to get the DLCs, while offering a subscription service that requires you always be online.
I'm hoping they learned their lesson with BF1 personally. COD and BF are the only ones still charging for DLCs I believe and they're getting slaughtered by Overwatch and a game that's still in Beta. The subscription is tempting though, I play very few games more than once. Could be handy for Battlefront 2 though after we all got sucked in last time......

Foordy

International Rep
  • Staff
I'm hoping they learned their lesson with BF1 personally. COD and BF are the only ones still charging for DLCs I believe and they're getting slaughtered by Overwatch and a game that's still in Beta. The subscription is tempting though, I play very few games more than once. Could be handy for Battlefront 2 though after we all got sucked in last time......
you could always just go the 1 month subscription for 6.99 ... if you don't like it cancel, if you think you'd want to extend it the pay for the year as it is cheaper than month to month.

I'll probably fork out the yearly $40 as there are quite a few games in there i want to play.

Nashy

International Captain
Brisbane
you could always just go the 1 month subscription for 6.99 ... if you don't like it cancel, if you think you'd want to extend it the pay for the year as it is cheaper than month to month.

I'll probably fork out the yearly $40 as there are quite a few games in there i want to play.
How does it work with DLC? Take BF1 for example. Premium costs heaps, and I will only play for like a year.

Super Freak

International Captain
Brisbane
What games are in the EA vault?

I've fell for this trap before with an Xbox Live membership. They promised I could download and play any game in their vault so I signed up. Once I did, I went into the vault and it was nothing but rubbish. Old games that no one plays anymore.

Foordy

International Rep
  • Staff
How does it work with DLC? Take BF1 for example. Premium costs heaps, and I will only play for like a year.
from what i can gather DLC is not included with your subscription fee, but you do get a 10% discount when you buy the DLC

Foordy

International Rep
  • Staff
Super Freak Super Freak from the most recently added to the oldest (xbox one games)

Mass Effect: Andromeda
Dead Space 2
Battlefield 1
Titanfall 2
Medal of Honor Airborne
FIFA 17
Dragon Age: Origins
Dead Space Ignition
Zuma's Revenge
NHL 17
Madden NFL 17
Skate 3
Battlefield: Bad Company 2
Battlefield 3
Star Wars Battlefront
EA Sports UFC 2
Mirror's Edge
Mirror's Edge Catalyst
Mass Effect
Mass Effect 2
Mass Effect 3
Bejeweled 2 Deluxe
Zuma Deluxe
Feeding Frenzy
Heavy Weapon
Feeding Frenzy 2
Bejeweled 3
Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare 2
SSX
Need for Speed
Unravel
NBA Live 16
Rory McIlroy PGA Tour
FIFA 16
Dead Space
NHL 16
Plants vs. Zombies
Madden NFL 16
Battlefield Hardline
Dragon Age: Inquisition
Titanfall
FIFA 15
NHL 15
Madden NFL 15
NBA Live 15
EA Sports UFC
Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare
Need for Speed Rivals
Battlefield 4
FIFA 14[a] - is being removed from vault
Madden NFL 25
Peggle 2

Harry Sack

State of Origin Rep
Have already checked the Origin store. BF1 not covered by the subscription. They can go EAD. PUBG is where it's at anyway. If Spwn would leave some fucking loot for other people....

"**** I need a scope or something. Anyone got a red dot?"
"Yeah man, I've got one."
".......what else have you got Spwn"
"Ahhhhh a holo a 2x a 4x and an 8x. Oh wait I've got 2 of the 4x. You want one?"
"........."

Nashy

International Captain
Brisbane
from what i can gather DLC is not included with your subscription fee, but you do get a 10% discount when you buy the DLC
Yeah, so that's just not a good deal for mine. I get why someone who plays heaps of games would love it, but right now, I play two games, one is made by EA. A 10% discount on the EA store or Xbox store is basically fisting yourself with the left hand instead of your right. Discounts aren't discounts if the prices are inflated to cover the discount.

Nashy

International Captain
Brisbane
Have already checked the Origin store. BF1 not covered by the subscription. They can go EAD. PUBG is where it's at anyway. If Spwn would leave some fucking loot for other people....

"**** I need a scope or something. Anyone got a red dot?"
"Yeah man, I've got one."
".......what else have you got Spwn"
"Ahhhhh a holo a 2x a 4x and an 8x. Oh wait I've got 2 of the 4x. You want one?"
"........."
"I'm set for late game I don't need to loot"
"Alright, head for blue"
"Lets just stop here so I can steal all the shit you have and give you the scraps I don't want"
"I'm taking the red house"
*spwn takes red house too*

Harry Sack

State of Origin Rep
"I'm set for late game I don't need to loot"
"Alright, head for blue"
"Lets just stop here so I can steal all the shit you have and give you the scraps I don't want"
"I'm taking the red house"
*spwn takes red house too*
"**** yeah Military vest boys!!! *looks down* Where the ****.....?"

Notices spwns icon slinking away.

Harry Sack

State of Origin Rep
There's something to be said for what another mate of mine does. If he calls a house and you go in it, or follow him in, you will get shot. Won't kill you, but you'll cop one in the foot.

Super Freak

International Captain
Brisbane
Super Freak Super Freak from the most recently added to the oldest (xbox one games)

Mass Effect: Andromeda
Dead Space 2
Battlefield 1
Titanfall 2
Medal of Honor Airborne
FIFA 17
Dragon Age: Origins
Dead Space Ignition
Zuma's Revenge
NHL 17
Madden NFL 17
Skate 3
Battlefield: Bad Company 2
Battlefield 3
Star Wars Battlefront
EA Sports UFC 2
Mirror's Edge
Mirror's Edge Catalyst
Mass Effect
Mass Effect 2
Mass Effect 3
Bejeweled 2 Deluxe
Zuma Deluxe
Feeding Frenzy
Heavy Weapon
Feeding Frenzy 2
Bejeweled 3
Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare 2
SSX
Need for Speed
Unravel
NBA Live 16
Rory McIlroy PGA Tour
FIFA 16
Dead Space
NHL 16
Plants vs. Zombies
Madden NFL 16
Battlefield Hardline
Dragon Age: Inquisition
Titanfall
FIFA 15
NHL 15
Madden NFL 15
NBA Live 15
EA Sports UFC
Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare
Need for Speed Rivals
Battlefield 4
FIFA 14[a] - is being removed from vault
Madden NFL 25
Peggle 2
A few good games. But that list is mostly average, full of games no one really plays anymore.

Who the fucks plays golf games?

Nashy

International Captain
Brisbane
A few good games. But that list is mostly average, full of games no one really plays anymore.

Who the fucks plays golf games?
I used to play TW all the time. Great game to sit in front of after a few cones with a couple of mates. No rushing, you can get up and go for more cones between hits too.

GIR

soup

State of Origin Rep
I used to play TW all the time. Great game to sit in front of after a few cones with a couple of mates. No rushing, you can get up and go for more cones between hits too.

GIR
Funnily enough, me too. Always loved golf games. Weed might be a pre-req.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create free account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Twitter