Eels grant Foran release

Unbreakable

Unbreakable

International Rep
Contributor
May 21, 2013
[FONT=&amp]http://www.parraeels.com.au/news/2016/07/29/eels_release_kieran_.html

The Parramatta Eels have today granted Kieran Foran a release from the remainder of his contract with the club.

The Eels wish him well for the future.

Last edited:
He shouldn't be able to sign with any other club until his original Parra contract expires.

Would love us to sign him. He is the type of player that improves the bloke playing next to him.

He shouldn't be able to sign with any other club until his original Parra contract expires.
Thats a bit harsh, but if he signed with the bulldogs next week then ring the fuckin alarm bells.
He obviously has some issues to deal with & he is one player i wish the best for. It would be a sad day indeed if he is lost to the game

Thats a bit harsh, but if he signed with the bulldogs next week then ring the fuckin alarm bells.
He obviously has some issues to deal with & he is one player i wish the best for. It would be a sad day indeed if he is lost to the game

He will be at another club by the start of next year.

Clearing the way for Hayne?

This bloke really needs to take some time away and get his life together before he goes signing for another club.

Some things are more important than footy.

This bloke really needs to take some time away and get his life together before he goes signing for another club.

Some things are more important than footy.
Yeah. I really don't like that he'll just sign with a new club for next year. It doesn't seem right at all.

Kieran Foran Speaks Following Parramatta Exit | NRL | Triple M

He told Eels coach Brad Arthur in December that he was struggling to cope before his life spiralled out of control in April.

"The intent was there," Foran said.

"I wanted out. About 1.30am I remember driving in my car, thinking in my head what way I was going to kill myself.

"I ended up driving back to my apartment, where I was staying in the city. I had a batch of left-over pills that were pain-killing medication. I tried to basically overdose.

"I remember the week vividly. I had been struggling, I had a lot going on. Trying to work through my relationship breakdown, with two young kids, with my ex-partner, while juggling football.

"I just wasn't coping. I could see I was starting to lose hope on life, really. I just couldn't see that light at the end of the tunnel.

"I just remember one late Thursday night it all got too much for me.

"I can't remember the exact amount (of pills I took). It was a handful. I remember getting told the next day by the nurses that it wasn't enough to kill me but definitely enough to make me crook.

"At the time I was hoping that it was gonna do the job. I'm grateful I'm here today, but I remember waking up the next morning wishing that it had worked.

"My priority at the moment is getting myself right," he said.

"I know there will come a time where I need to earn a living.

"When I get that love and desire back for rugby league, then I will know I will want to play it again.

"At the moment I have no motivation to play it. I wanna get my shoulder right. I wanna get healthy again in the mind and the body."

Last edited:
Yep hope he takes all the time he needs...then comes to the Broncs.

Yes. Yes. Yes.

Broncos is perfect fit. All Kiwi connection as well.

Benny, how do you quietly chase Foran...

Imagine the social media shit storm if he ended up at the Broncos. I hope it happens for that alone.

Last edited:
A quality half that doesn't have to play origin? Sign him up.

The new recruitment plan should be to sign great players that can't play origin.

A quality half that doesn't have to play origin? Sign him up.

The new recruitment plan should be to sign great players that can't play origin.

This has been happening for years :takdir: Kahu, Glenn, Blair, etc.

Don't want him at the club.

Not yet.

This guy needs to get as far away from the game as possible.

Last edited:
Yeah, and if he still has his gambling account open, he can **** right off.

Hasnt he said Locky was his idol growing up? Locky could be our persuader!

In a massive coup for the new Eels management, Kieran Foran's $150, 000 severance package will not be included in the club's salary cap for next season.
This means the Eels have $1 million to spend on players next season, which is handy considering the club is on the lookout for a replacement for Foran, as well as a hooker to make up for the loss of Nathan Peats earlier in the season.
According to the Daily Telegraph, clubs have approved a rule allowing the integrity unit to exempt payouts from the cap for behavioural or conduct issues if it is in the best interests of the game for the player to move on.

Kieran Foran Pay-Out Excluded From Eels Salary Cap

If this is the case, he really shouldn't be allowed to sign a contract until such time as his cancelled contract would expire.

Active Now

• I bleed Maroon
  • Manofoneway
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Culhwch
  • Lozza
  • Wolfie
  • Broncorob
  • Big Del
  • Santa
  • Foordy
  • winslow_wong
  • Fitzy
  • Hoof Hearted
  • FACTHUNT
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • ChewThePhatt
  • MrTickyMcG
  • cento
  • PETERN
  • Broncosgirl
... and 3 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.