FOOTBALL English Premier League 23/24 Discussion

Shame for Nuno, seems like a good dude and did well with Wolverhampton, not sure what the Spurs board thought they should be aiming for considering their summer.

Conte supposedly the favourite, he'd definitely get them solid defensively. Wonder how Kane would go under him.
It's interesting without Kane Spurs won their first 3 games. He comes back and it falls apart.

Conte needs to get his own players in, I think Nuno had to work with what their director of football wanted. Their playing group needs a big shake up. That's 5 managers now the majority of this group have failed under. Should tell Levy a lot about what's going on there.

Conte confirmed as new Spurs boss. That should shake up the PL now. I expect them to make a serious push at the top four. Nuno might be a nice guy, but I honestly think that can count against you at the very top level. You have to be a ruthless bastard to succeed. The step up from a top 8 to top 4 side is huge. So many guys fail in the step up.

Conte confirmed as new Spurs boss. That should shake up the PL now. I expect them to make a serious push at the top four. Nuno might be a nice guy, but I honestly think that can count against you at the very top level. You have to be a ruthless bastard to succeed. The step up from a top 8 to top 4 side is huge. So many guys fail in the step up.
Yeah I don't know what to make of Spurs.

It seems like their window is gone with Son and Kane in their late 20's and just about everyone else gone from the nearly days. They have an OK squad but nothing you'd look at and go yeah there's some serious quality to work with.

But then, they will still spend and they also do have a pretty good manager in Conte - he can definitely make them a better side, but will Levy give him the time and money?

United 1 down already. Such lazy play from Fernandes to give them the space to cross the ball.

United dominated. If it wasnt for De Gea they would be 3 or 4 down

cancelo is just an absolutely outstanding player, one of the best itw full stop imo

If Citeh were more clinical, they would have put 6 or 7 past united. Fernandes is in the same bracket as Pogba. Very gifted, but lazy and goes missing in the big games when the going gets tough.

If their board had any sense, they would scrap going for big glamour names and bring in Lopetegui from Sevilla and let him build his own team on his terms. He has shown he can rebuild a team and has had a lot of success with Sevilla in La Liga.

If Citeh were more clinical, they would have put 6 or 7 past united. Fernandes is in the same bracket as Pogba. Very gifted, but lazy and goes missing in the big games when the going gets tough.

If their board had any sense, they would scrap going for big glamour names and bring in Lopetegui from Sevilla and let him build his own team on his terms. He has shown he can rebuild a team and has had a lot of success with Sevilla in La Liga.
city didnt particulary want to score, they just cruised, pep was saying the boys werent even tired at the end

Liverpool with a handy win. Arsenal never threatened at all. And if Solskjaer isn't sacked after that shambles today he should have the decency to step down out of respect to the club.

I did laugh at United. Feel for Ole though, those players are a disgrace. No effort at all. They can't afford to carry these luxury players like Fernandes with a team like this. If I was a new manager coming in I'd rip that squad apart because they have all shown the have no character and how little appetite they have for a battle.

Just watched the Wolves game. Fantastic performance. Neves just immense. Still lucky we have him at Wolves. Up to sixth above those filthy Mancs in red!

On a side note, if anyone gets the chance to watch the Raul Jimenez documentary called Code Red its excellent. Tells the story of his fractured skull incident.

Ogs sacked apparently.

Sadly the experiment was never going to last but thanks ole from the rest of the epl teams. You were instrumental in ripping away whatever fear factor united had left post fergie.

I did laugh at United. Feel for Ole though, those players are a disgrace. No effort at all. They can't afford to carry these luxury players like Fernandes with a team like this. If I was a new manager coming in I'd rip that squad apart because they have all shown the have no character and how little appetite they have for a battle.

Seems to me the players don't want to play for Ole anymore.

There have been rumours of a rift between the coaching staff and the playing group.

Seems to me the players don't want to play for Ole anymore.

There have been rumours of a rift between the coaching staff and the playing group.
Too many fair weather players who cant dig in. Ronaldo and Fernandes are like stroppy kids who look like they are about to throw a tantrum when things dont go their way. Pogba flatters to deceive. They paid 80 million for Harry Maguire and he has the turning circle of the titanic and looks like he is towing a caravan through mud when he runs. Its laughable how much money they have spent on players who just have no fight or grit in them.

Biggest mistake they can do now is employ somebody like Zidane. They need to steer clear of trying to find a quick fix with a big name manager. They should do their homework and pick a manager who can build a side and has proved himself. Ten Hag or Lopetegui are the best choices still imo, and they need to be allowed to dismantle the shocking group of players they have.

I don't feel sorry for Solskjaer at all. He's been there for 3 years. This is his team. Why doesn't he have a proper CDM? It's been such a problem position for many years now. Matic isn't mobile enough, McTominay not good enough and it's not Pogba's position. So what does he do? Spend £70 million on a winger to basically sit on the bench, then play out of position when he does play him.

It's not the players. I've said it before, at the very top level you have to have the best. These players are simply fed up with their coach. De Gea actually said after the Watford match "we don't know how to defend". What is the manager and coaching staff doing during the week? At any workplace if management is totally out of their depth, the workforce see through them and all systems and trust break down.

United now are a carbon copy of Chelsea under Lampard. Everything is half hearted. They're not running, no intensity or desire. I'm not saying a new manager will have them as European champions within a year, but the right manager will improve them hugely.

Answer one question for me. What is United's style of play?

Active Now

• Mustafur
  • bert_lifts
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.