FOOTBALL English Premier League 23/24 Discussion

I play goalkeeper and I will do anything I can at all to put the other team off if I think it will work. We won on pens once and I saved three, on each occasion when I saved them, I screamed in the pen takers face afterwards. I'm never one to rub it in, but I wanted to intimidate their teammates and it worked, they walked up to the spot looking scared.
01B7692C 97DC 402A 8D96 4D756A37A2A9

I guess the one positive for Australia is that European winners of the World Cup tend to bow out in the group stages the following World Cup.

Germany in 2018 were the third team in a row to bow out in the group stages so hopefully the curse continues.

France haven't been as good as they were in that 2018 World Cup. IIRC they have only won two games this year.

If the curse continues, and that's a big if, I fancy our chances of making it to the knockout stages if we play like we want to make it.

For mine, the problem isn't so much our lack of strike. The problem is I get the feeling there just isn't much interest in trying to advance beyond the group stages of a World Cup. We're happy enough to get there and just treat these competitions as like a holiday. They have kept the appearance streak alive, they are happy just to be there on the world stage. We still get paid for just being there.

FV0s-MDaQAEagNB

Australia with a .01% chance.

Jim Carrey Chance GIF

Netherlands with a 7.70% chance. I like those odds. Would be a very happy man if I could witness them winning a WC in my life time. So would my Grandad. 2010 was heartbreaking.

@Super Freak @Brocko @Unbreakable @BroncsFan

Ronaldo looks to be off hey? How you blokes feel about that?

@DanG how you feel about Jesus signing for Arse? Think he'll do well with you guys. Will Saka sign a new deal?

@pennywisealfie what's going on with De Jong? Reckon you'll end up with Lewandowski?

@Wolfie - what's wolverhampton upto this offseason?

@ningnangnong @Galah - happy with our window so far?

@DanG how you feel about Jesus signing for Arse? Think he'll do well with you guys. Will Saka sign a new deal?

@pennywisealfie what's going on with De Jong? Reckon you'll end up with Lewandowski?

De Jong to Man U for sure. Man U looking like they could really improve. Surprised they aren't in on the De Ligt sweepstakes. Get the old band back together.

Call me crazy, but I really hope we don't end up with Lewandowski. A 34 year old striker that doesn't really play a style that fits Barca's system all that well. We have already bid 40 mil that we really don't have for a guy we can't ever hope to profit from. Bayern still want more and seem to be reveling in being dicks about it.

De Jong to Man U for sure. Man U looking like they could really improve. Surprised they aren't in on the De Ligt sweepstakes. Get the old band back together.

Call me crazy, but I really hope we don't end up with Lewandowski. A 34 year old striker that doesn't really play a style that fits Barca's system all that well. We have already bid 40 mil that we really don't have for a guy we can't ever hope to profit from. Bayern still want more and seem to be reveling in being dicks about it.
TBH I'm surprised they're even dropping 40 on him, not because he is/isn't worth it, but because you guys are still pretty fucked financially. I read you sold 25% of your TV rights for the next 20 years for 200m or something to that effect? And now you're gonna go drop a bunch of it already on a 34yo who like you've said, will hold no resale value? Plus you are struggling to register players because of the aforementioned financial issues?

I guess they're banking on winning something this season because if they keep going... they'll be Valencia.

- Very sad to see Mane go, but it looks like it's been coming for a while.

- Stoked that Mo signed a new contract. He really tailed off in the second half of last season, but I think a lot of that was to do with the number of games he was involved in, and the ongoing speculation about his future. Even then, he still ended up with a number of goals and assists, just not the outstanding amount we're used to!

- Excited by the Nunez signing. Haven't seen a lot of him, but like a lot of other Reds, after watching his performances against us in the Champions League, I was very much in the 'this bloke looks like hot shit, let's sign him' camp. Can't wait to see how he goes!

- Looks like Neco Williams is out the door, with Calvin Ramsay coming in, and we're selling Williams for more than we purchased Ramsay. From all accounts, Ramsay is a far better prospect too, so that looks like a tidy bit of business.

- Sorry to see Minamino go, a very likeable fella, who played a pivotal role in our League Cup win. Reckon he'll tear it up in Ligue 1.

- Absolutely chuffed Joe Gomez signed a new contract overnight.

- Still think we need a midfielder. Sounds like Bellingham is in the works, though next season looks more likely.

Totally nothing for Wolves yet as far as incomings but a fair few players out of the door. Getting quite worried at the moment, but at least we havent seen Neves off to those filthy red Mancs.

- Very sad to see Mane go, but it looks like it's been coming for a while.

- Stoked that Mo signed a new contract. He really tailed off in the second half of last season, but I think a lot of that was to do with the number of games he was involved in, and the ongoing speculation about his future. Even then, he still ended up with a number of goals and assists, just not the outstanding amount we're used to!

- Excited by the Nunez signing. Haven't seen a lot of him, but like a lot of other Reds, after watching his performances against us in the Champions League, I was very much in the 'this bloke looks like hot shit, let's sign him' camp. Can't wait to see how he goes!

- Looks like Neco Williams is out the door, with Calvin Ramsay coming in, and we're selling Williams for more than we purchased Ramsay. From all accounts, Ramsay is a far better prospect too, so that looks like a tidy bit of business.

- Sorry to see Minamino go, a very likeable fella, who played a pivotal role in our League Cup win. Reckon he'll tear it up in Ligue 1.

- Absolutely chuffed Joe Gomez signed a new contract overnight.

- Still think we need a midfielder. Sounds like Bellingham is in the works, though next season looks more likely.
Sad to see Mane go, he's been a warrior for us since Day 1 and was the first pivotal signing of the klopp era. Having said that, before his shift to CF midway through the season, he was starting to lose his effectiveness out wide like he had lost that extra burst of pace. He deserves his big pay day at Bayern and hopefully he rips it up there. Just not against us.

Happy Mo has signed a new contract and don't really see any worries with it re: him falling off a cliff form wise. Agree that his backend of the season was poor by his standards but probably a case of him being burnt out. He's the total, undisputed main man at Pool now though so he has no excuses for not delivering all season.

Nunez has to hit the ground running for us to be a realistic title threat. We have a pretty good start to the season tho so hopefully it's enough time to bed him in.

Seen some highlights of Ramsey, nice to have another two footed player in the squad, but it's big step up from Aberdeen to Liverpool. Hopefully he's good enough and adapts quickly enough that we don't have to see old man Milner play there again (love him but gets rinsed against any pacy wide player)

I'm delighted we managed to get Gomez down for another 5 years, was surely thinking he would leave to somewhere like Newcastle.

Interested to see how this Carvalho kid performs with us, and of course Elliot with another year under his belt + another pre-season.

Heard Bellingham is being looked at closely but don't see us dropping what would be required to pry him from Dortmund - Henderson will need to be slowly phased out though as I think his legs are starting to go and given how he plays, that's a big problem for us. Would definitely keep Hendo around though, hopefully can become similar to Milner in being a squaddie and great influence on the kids.

also, I saw Milner won the lactate test again. What a fucking machine that guy is. Genetic freak.

@
Super Freak
Super Freak @
Brocko
Brocko @
Unbreakable
Unbreakable @
BroncsFan
BroncsFan

I'm not happy about it.

While Ronaldo is a shadow of his former self, I think there's still a place for him in the team. I don't think he's a starter but I do think he could provide some impact off the bench. Despite the club's poor performances, he was still scoring goals. I still think there's some value there.

But he wants out because we aren't playing Champions League and challenging for a title, which is fair enough. Management haven’t handled it all that well, though. They have missed out on securing a suitable replacement and if Ronaldo leaves this transfer window then we won’t really have anyone up front that we can rely on.

Maybe they have been in denial about Ronaldo leaving. Whatever the case, they have left themselves in a hole due to how they have handled it.

I would have liked to have seen Ronaldo finish his career at Manchester United, but that’s not going to be the case.

Ronaldo has been a mess of a signing. Getting rid of players like him and Pogba are going to help that club immensely. They need to build a team there, not sign a bunch of talented individuals.

Ronaldo has been a mess of a signing. Getting rid of players like him and Pogba are going to help that club immensely. They need to build a team there, not sign a bunch of talented individuals.

Ronaldo was the only reason why we didn’t finish a lot lower than we should have.

The problems at the club go much deeper than a few egos.

Ronaldo was the only reason why we didn’t finish a lot lower than we should have.

The problems at the club go much deeper than a few egos.

United fans are just blinded by his past. He was a massive part of their failure this year despite his goals. They were a worse team with him there than in the season before. They did much better without him. Individually he might have done well, but he was still detrimental to the team, just like people like Maguire, Pogba and Fernandes. You only have to look at the little hissy fits they throw when things arent going well.

Give Klopp the type of money United have spent and he would have them winning the league. United still dont get recruitment and still dont get you need team players with ability, not just a team of good individuals. Roy Keane says it all the time, you need more than ability, you need to be a good character and a good team player. United just dont sign those types.

I'm hoping the rumours of Ronaldo leaving are a shot across the bow to the owners, because they've been dragging their feet yet again.

After probably the worst season they've had in god knows how long, they've barely fired a shot in the player market.

Ronaldo is only wanting to leave because the owners are showing zero ambition to achieve anything with this club.

At the moment we need a fucking miracle from Ten Hag to get this team competitive again.

Very Happy with Jesus signing, he's probably what arsenal have needed the last couple years with arteta ball, Loved lacazete but he dropped of a clif his last season and a bit. Also alot depends on signing another central midfielder and thomas partey i reckon. Saka will find it hard to believe but who knows if we dont get champions league

Seeing some rumblings that Ronaldo is on the verge of signing with Chelsea. Both very unlikeable. Perfect match tbh.

Active Now

• BruiserMk1
  • Sproj
  • GCBRONCO
  • Big Del
  • Justwin
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • Broncosgirl
  • Fitzy
  • Mr Fourex
  • FACTHUNT
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Foordy
  • BroncosAlways
  • Xzei
  • Wolfie
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.