FOOTBALL English Premier League 23/24 Discussion

Ronaldo is reportedly pushing for a move to Manchester City. It's reported he wants to finish out his career in the Premier League.

If Manchester City land him and they weren't already favourites, they definitely would be after that. Manchester United could really do with a player like Ronaldo, but I don't think they have the budget.
Ronaldo won't rejoin United because United have no chance of winning anything significant anytime soon. He's 36 and will be 37 before the season is out, he doesn't have time for United to get their shit together.

Big game for us v Chelsea this weekend.

Is there any team likely at all to win the league other than Man City and Chelsea? I hate Chelsea. I don't mind City, but would be off them if Ronaldo went there.

Nice one. I like Salah and Klopp.

Some people are really sleeping on Liverpool. Not a bad thing though, I feel like we will quietly go about our business. We got all the troops back from injury who are legitimate super stars and made some astute signings. But because there wasn’t any crazy money spent they seemed to be underestimated.

fine by me.

Some people are really sleeping on Liverpool. Not a bad thing though, I feel like we will quietly go about our business. We got all the troops back from injury who are legitimate super stars and made some astute signings. But because there wasn’t any crazy money spent they seemed to be underestimated.

fine by me.
I think it's fair to suggest City are the favourites by virtue of their squad depth (Chelsea's isn't bad either) and they've got runs on the board wrt their squad and manager, but I think we've proven over the last 3 seasons we can absolutely go toe-to-toe with them and can eclipse them when we've got our full squad.

I'm not sure what to make of Chelsea yet. Guess this weekend will give a lot more clarity.

Cant believe i found this thread and all you United glory hunters on here today. Wolves ay we!!!

I think it's fair to suggest City are the favourites by virtue of their squad depth (Chelsea's isn't bad either) and they've got runs on the board wrt their squad and manager, but I think we've proven over the last 3 seasons we can absolutely go toe-to-toe with them and can eclipse them when we've got our full squad.

I'm not sure what to make of Chelsea yet. Guess this weekend will give a lot more clarity.
Cant see United coming close to winning the league with the side they have currently, dont think are mentally tough enough and just dont have the quality. Chelsea are an interesting one, they are similar to United where they seem to lose very winnable games but Tuchel might change that.

For me, its Man City to win again. They just have an incredible squad that can cope with pretty much anything. Liverpool are next up, but if they lose Van Dijk i dont think they have the players to cover, and i dont think they replaced Wijnaldum particularly well either.

Cant see United coming close to winning the league with the side they have currently, dont think are mentally tough enough and just dont have the quality. Chelsea are an interesting one, they are similar to United where they seem to lose very winnable games but Tuchel might change that.

For me, its Man City to win again. They just have an incredible squad that can cope with pretty much anything. Liverpool are next up, but if they lose Van Dijk i dont think they have the players to cover, and i dont think they replaced Wijnaldum particularly well either.
Yeah I don't see Utd making a challenge either. I agree with you that they are too mentally fragile, they seem to float in and out of games and when things go south they don't have that resilience and winning mentality they used to under SAF.

It will be interesting to see if we notice Wijnaldums absence, he was a good player and could fit into any midfield role with ease. Let's see what the youngsters can do in Jones and Elliot.

I just want my gunners to be great again haha.
geez if I was an Arsenal fan I'd be very concerned. Arteta is horrible, they've spent over 100mill and I don't think they've really improved their squad at all. Plus they apparently want rid of Aubameyang, he's like the only guy in the team that is serious goal threat...

If they manage to get Conte I could see them making a fairly quick resurgence, but if not... could be some long seasons in store for them.

I just want my gunners to be great again haha.

I cant see it happening. Their stock has plummeted and i think they will struggle to attract a decent coach these days.

Another Man U fan here... have we all come out of the woodwork, because the club finally spent some cash!!

Great opening day with Bruno starring again. Still have Varane, Cavani and Rashford to bring into the squad along with Sancho to the starting side.

I think we needed to pick up a decent holding midfielder to go along with them, but will see how we go.

Not sure we're title contenders though with Chelsea bolstering their team further and City likely to splash their unlimited cash on Kane, but we should be top 4 comfortably along with Liverpool.

They are apparently chasing Ruben Neves from us but i'd be surprised if they could afford him at the moment.

geez if I was an Arsenal fan I'd be very concerned. Arteta is horrible, they've spent over 100mill and I don't think they've really improved their squad at all. Plus they apparently want rid of Aubameyang, he's like the only guy in the team that is serious goal threat...

If they manage to get Conte I could see them making a fairly quick resurgence, but if not... could be some long seasons in store for them.

Spending £50M on Ben White was.. interesting..

Most Brighton fans believe he was their 3rd best defender.

Spending £50M on Ben White was.. interesting..

Most Brighton fans believe he was their 3rd best defender last year.
From what I have seen I think White is ok, he is good on the ball which is basically a prereq these days for any top defender, but I don't think he has that physical presence that makes you go yeah he won't be bullied out of a game.

50mill is mental though. I would sooner buy Zouma than spend 50 on White. At least Zouma isn't going to be bossed around.

From what I have seen I think White is ok, he is good on the ball which is basically a prereq these days for any top defender, but I don't think he has that physical presence that makes you go yeah he won't be bullied out of a game.

50mill is mental though. I would sooner buy Zouma than spend 50 on White. At least Zouma isn't going to be bossed around.

He was excellent for Leeds the year they got promoted, but he hasnt stepped up to premier league level to be worth that kind of money. Its just the premium you pay for English players.

Active Now

• Broncosarethebest
  • Broncosgirl
  • Dash
  • Jedhead
  • kiwibronco
  • Xzei
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.