FOOTBALL English Premier League 23/24 Discussion

Utterly embarrassing that.

Legitimately no plan b in site. If we don't score early against teams sitting deep we have fucking nothing. Its embarrassing. Villa fully deserved that win

The penalty miss was an eruption of built up frustration with how shit we played and honestly would have masked a tragic performance anyways. Big time changes needed to ensure we move the ball around quicker. The 4231 isn't it.

That penalty from Bruno just summed up his game IMO. There was a period there where he was taking several shots at goal but they were just wild shots and kept getting blocked by the defenders. You could see the frustration. It seemed his focus was more on power and it just didn’t work.

Aston did a good job shutting down Ronaldo. He never really got any good ball in the box.

I’m surprised Aston only won by 1. They caught out the United defence a few times and really should have scored more goals. I thought Maguire was a bit average. Shaw was poor, he was really struggling to contain Cash.

I’ve always hated the 4-3-2-1 formation. I’ve always been a two strikers up front kind of person.

I think we desperately need to try the old SAF 442 or try a 433 when teams sit deep.

I think we are also desperately missing Rashfords pace in behind.

Thankfully, other results went our way so the damage of that loss wasn't intensified.

The last 4 games for us have been woeful.

A loss away in UCL to the 'easy beats' of the group, a last minute goal and penalty save to scrape past west ham in a game we played terribly. A 3rd rd cup exit to west ham where again, it was frantic long shots and barely troubled them. Then Villa who realistically we did nothing against and they should have scored before they did.

We move the ball so slow and Ronaldo just couldn't get in the game.

Most emotional goal you will see this season scored by Raul Jimenez. He has been through a hell of a lot, great to see him on the scoresheet again.

I think we desperately need to try the old SAF 442 or try a 433 when teams sit deep.

I think we are also desperately missing Rashfords pace in behind.

Thankfully, other results went our way so the damage of that loss wasn't intensified.

The last 4 games for us have been woeful.

A loss away in UCL to the 'easy beats' of the group, a last minute goal and penalty save to scrape past west ham in a game we played terribly. A 3rd rd cup exit to west ham where again, it was frantic long shots and barely troubled them. Then Villa who realistically we did nothing against and they should have scored before they did.

We move the ball so slow and Ronaldo just couldn't get in the game.

United are so far behind Citeh, Liverpool and Chelsea. Considering the money they spend year after year ( they are always one of the biggest spenders in Europe) they are nowhere near title winners.

United are so far behind Citeh, Liverpool and Chelsea. Considering the money they spend year after year ( they are always one of the biggest spenders in Europe) they are nowhere near title winners.
Just a side note to this I’m pretty sure Liverpool are 12th in terms of spending this year. Pretty crazy, but getting all of our players back from injury is like a bunch of signings I suppose.

United's problem isn't the players they have on the field, it's the man they have on the sideline. Those players are more than capable of challenging for a title. Solksjaer hasn't a clue how to get the best out of them. As long as he's there, United have no chance.

Just a side note to this I’m pretty sure Liverpool are 12th in terms of spending this year. Pretty crazy, but getting all of our players back from injury is like a bunch of signings I suppose.

They are still paying us for Diogo! They did lose a lot of players through injury last season so it making a huge difference to have them fit.

I think Liverpool may need to bring in a midfielder in January if the want to challenge Citeh.

United's problem isn't the players they have on the field, it's the man they have on the sideline. Those players are more than capable of challenging for a title. Solksjaer hasn't a clue how to get the best out of them. As long as he's there, United have no chance.

I kind of agree with that. Strange as it sounds, i think their issue is the midfield. They have some fantastic individual talent in Fernandes and Pogba, but neither really stand up in the big games often enough. They dont get the best out of Van De Beek either who is a good player. I just dont think the blend is there.

Sancho as well isnt really setting the world on fire. Ronaldo hasnt made as big an impact as i thought he would. They have some good players, but i dont think they have a good team if that makes sense.

They are still paying us for Diogo! They did lose a lot of players through injury last season so it making a huge difference to have them fit.

I think Liverpool may need to bring in a midfielder in January if the want to challenge Citeh.
Losing elliot hurts, Klopp put a lot of faith in him as an 18 year old which is very impressive. He’s been searching for one bought a couple that haven’t turned out. It seems to my untrained eye that his system doesn’t suit a lot of mids. They can’t be lazy talented players that’s for sure.

I kind of agree with that. Strange as it sounds, i think their issue is the midfield. They have some fantastic individual talent in Fernandes and Pogba, but neither really stand up in the big games often enough. They dont get the best out of Van De Beek either who is a good player. I just dont think the blend is there.

Sancho as well isnt really setting the world on fire. Ronaldo hasnt made as big an impact as i thought he would. They have some good players, but i dont think they have a good team if that makes sense.
Complete sense. That's where the manager comes in. The comparisons with Chelsea last year are uncanny. Great squad of players, but underperforming and inconsistent on the field. Club legend as manager. Simply not up to the job at that level. And most importantly, the players know he isn't good enough. So they don't buy in. Lampard sacked, Tuchel in, Chelsea unrecognisable within weeks in the way they play. European champions 4 months later. If the United board can't see Solskjaer is the problem, it'll never matter how much money they spend.

Manchester United with a 2-1 win over Villarreal with Ronaldo scoring the winner in the 5th minute of injury time in the second half.

It’s good to get the win after a couple of disappointing performances but **** me they really need to stop leaving it until the last minute.

Everton getting into this game and really troubling united.

Cracking goal.

I'm salty, captained Ronaldo in FPL only to find out that Ole has benched him. 😂 Just gotta hope that he doesn't get a 15 minute cameo so I at least get my (vc) score.

What a bit of play acting by Shaw. Barely even touched him.

Fred 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

Gotta take a foul there and kill the play

Active Now

• Fitzy
  • Allo
  • Kev_Guz
  • Manofoneway
  • phoenix
  • Mr Fourex
  • Footy Fanatic
  • whykickamoocow
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Foordy
  • Broncorob
  • theshed
  • Evander
  • Wolfie
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.