FOOTBALL English Premier League 23/24 Discussion

Dinner Choking GIF by TRT

What an awful game in general, save for courtois' superman performance.

Liverpool will bounce back. You guys will be fine.

Manchester United on the other hand. They just fucking suck.

happy we qualified but the sooner we get rid of Arnold, the better.

think 2022 will be a repeat of 2018, sadly.

We won’t make it past the group stage. But happy we qualified.

Did Arnold explain why he subbed Ryan for Redmayne?

It paid off, but that was a bit of a gamble.

Did Arnold explain why he subbed Ryan for Redmayne?

It paid off, but that was a bit of a gamble.

from Fox Sports:

Redmayne and Arnold revealed the bold ploy to switch him in for Ryan was a pre-planned move designed to try and unsettle Peru.

“This idea was floated preselection, that this might happen in these kind of circumstances, and for the two or three weeks we have been here, I have had that in my mind,” Redmayne said.

“I’ve been working on a few things in training, but at the end of the day, it is either right or left, the homework has been done and I’m just grateful to the other boys for running at 120 minutes.”

Arnold added: “Andrew Redmayne is a very good penalty saver, and to try to get him on the mental aspect while we were making that change, to add that bit of uncertainty in their brains, that was the reason.”

Australia will play France, Denmark and Tunisia.

Definitely not making it past the group stage, but hopefully we at least put up a fight.

Look at the group England and Argentina have.. Pretty well looked after.

happy we qualified but the sooner we get rid of Arnold, the better.

think 2022 will be a repeat of 2018, sadly.
Why? I don't get the hate for Arnold at all. He has the worst squad an Australian manager has had by far since maybe the 70s or something. He has also managed to get us to the World Cup. He's incredible IMO.

Why? I don't get the hate for Arnold at all. He has the worst squad an Australian manager has had by far since maybe the 70s or something. He has also managed to get us to the World Cup. He's incredible IMO.
He's a terrible coach. He was shithouse in his first stint as Australian coach too.

This will always be the best penalty shootout to qualify for a World Cup.

Fair props to Redmayne saving those two shots, pretty heroic and a brave move from Arnold subbing him on, but Im a bit disappointed in Redmayne through the Peru goal keepers water bottle and notes over the fence into the crowd.

If you can't win without being a grub you might as well not win, pretty slack move. Lack of sportsmanship tbh.

Fair props to Redmayne saving those two shots, pretty heroic and a brave move from Arnold subbing him on, but Im a bit disappointed in Redmayne through the Peru goal keepers water bottle and notes over the fence into the crowd.

If you can't win without being a grub you might as well not win, pretty slack move. Lack of sportsmanship tbh.
I see what you're saying but it's gamesmanship. Not ethically correct, but anyone who's played sport at a reasonable level or above has done something of the sort.

I see what you're saying but it's gamesmanship. Not ethically correct, but anyone who's played sport at a reasonable level or above has done something of the sort.
Yeah I get lots of people partake in gamesmanship, but for me I wouldn't be happy with myself if I won with that occurring, I guess that's just a me thing😂

I don't mind it.

It's all about mind games and gaining a mental advantage, trying to get into the head of the opponent. The Peru goal keeper was trying to the same tactic. He didn't throw stuff into the crowd but he suddenly decided he was thirsty right when an Aussie player set up and purposely took his time. I imagine that's why Redmayne threw the water bottle into the crowd.

No issue with it.

Having notes there with you is akin to taking a sheet with the answers into an exam. Should've been more prepared.

I play goalkeeper and I will do anything I can at all to put the other team off if I think it will work. We won on pens once and I saved three, on each occasion when I saved them, I screamed in the pen takers face afterwards. I'm never one to rub it in, but I wanted to intimidate their teammates and it worked, they walked up to the spot looking scared.

Active Now

• Xzei
  • Lurker
  • Mustafur
  • FACTHUNT
  • GCBRONCO
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.