FOOTBALL English Premier League 23/24 Discussion

Good to see MU make up for last match and come away with a win.

A lot of controversy surrounding the win. Pogba committing what looked like a foul and was lucky to get away with it and not be red carded. A lot of people complaining that Wolves were robbed of a win, but really it was De Gea and Greenwood that were the reasons why Wolves lost.

MU probably lucky to come away with a win, though. Midfield balance was all wrong. Hopefully there's someone coming that can really hold the midfield together.

Varane was impressive on debut.

MU have taken the record away from Arsenal for most consecutive top-flight wins away from home.

Bring on the Super League IMO. Would have been awesome for RL and would have been awesome for football. Big games every week. The league seasons have become stale. Just need to add promotion and relegation and we good.
Would probably stop actively following if this occurred. The reason why those matchups are big games because they don't happen every week.
Need to stop trying to make it more of a closed shop than it is - Americans just trying to replicate their own leagues elsewhere.

Wolves were robbed. Stonewall penalty not give for James foul on Trincao, and the Pogba tackle was a clear studs up challenge. Big club bias via VAR wins again. We could have taken it our of their hands though if we had our shooting boots on. We have been creating chances for fun so far yet 3 losses and 0 goals.

Wolves were robbed. Stonewall penalty not give for James foul on Trincao, and the Pogba tackle was a clear studs up challenge. Big club bias via VAR wins again. We could have taken it our of their hands though if we had our shooting boots on. We have been creating chances for fun so far yet 3 losses and 0 goals.

Yeah dunno how they've missed this. Pen every day of the week and potential red.

Well Wolves got away with one themselves so not sure about the big club bias being at play here.

Yeah dunno how they've missed this. Pen every day of the week and potential red.

How often is that a penalty, though? I’ve seen heaps of those get let go because the player got the ball away and was fouled afterwards.

How often is that a penalty, though? I’ve seen heaps of those get let go because the player got the ball away and was fouled afterwards.

Two footed diving tackles directly at a player = always red, regardless of the amount of contact made. If it's a red, it's certainly a penalty.

Two footed diving tackles directly at a player = always red, regardless of the amount of contact made. If it's a red, it's certainly a penalty.

You'll find these aren't always red as the refs let these go quite a bit. Trincao wasn't even complaining about it. If the foul had occurred before he got the ball away, very different story.

That's a penalty every day of the week. Doesnt matter he crossed the ball. James came in late, reckless and got nowhere near the ball. That's a stonewall penalty. It's not like he just missed out on getting his challenge in. Same as the Pogba tackle that lead to the goal, it was high, studs up and a clear foul. Those decisions generally go the way of the big 6 grubby clubs in England. It's been the way for decades.

I can't recall United getting a blatant penalty turned away. Wolves also suffered from being too sporting as well as you can clearly tell from Neves post match comments. Fernando goes down injured, United players ask Semedo to put the ball out to get him treatment even though they were in an attacking position and he obliged. Wolves get a player down injured in the build up to the goal, United just play on. Hope they learn their lesson.

Spot on.That's been the case for years now. Arsenal got a player red carded for it on the weekend. It'd more a failing of ref's not applying the rules.

How often is it a penalty? Tbh, if that happens 10 yards further back it's a pen 100% of the time. You're right tho, challenges thereafter the release of the ball isn't generally ruled as strictly as they should.

Yeah he's slipped, end result is he's a two foot torpedo into someone. Reckless and dangerous, intent or not.

Ronaldo with back-to-back headers in the dying moments to win the game for Portugal, and become the highest goal scorer ever in Internationals (111 goals).

This bloke might be good at football.

I can't wait to see Ronaldo back vs NUFC this weekend.

Whether Ronaldo succeeds or not, Manchester United sure are benefitting from the signing market wise.

Merch sales for CR7 jerseys have gone through the fucking roof.

Whether Ronaldo succeeds or not, Manchester United sure are benefitting from the signing market wise.

Merch sales for CR7 jerseys have gone through the fucking roof.
Adidas are the real beneficiaries there. United would only be taking a small percentage of the sales.

I’m very much looking forward to it, as well. Can’t wait to watch the game.
Ok time for us as well. So sick of early AM Monday games...

My new kits for the year arrived too finally. Just waiting on the 3rd now, it was already delayed so adding some more delay to it with Ronaldo printing 😂

Active Now

• Broncorob
  • broncos4life
  • BruiserMk1
  • Alec
  • Battler
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.