FOOTBALL English Premier League 23/24 Discussion

So Man City are in a bit of shit.

Essentially they are accused of over 100 financial breaches. They are accused of overstating their sponsorship income so they could spend more on players which is against the fair play rules. They are accused of other breaches, as well.

The punishment could be anything. Kicked out of the comp, stripping of previous titles, transfer bans, spending limits or just a simple points deduction.

I hope the PL come down hard and both kick them out and force them have to earn re-entry plus strip all titles gained during the period they were accused of breaking the rules which was 2009-2018.

But I get the feeling they will be hit with a fine and have spending limits imposed on them for a period of time, which would be a soft as **** punishment.
It's also worth noting that they've been charged with not cooperating from 2018-2023 as well.

I think 2018 was when a leak happened from Man City exposing a heap of their shadiness and they were subsequently hit with the UEFA charges that was looking to ban them from Europe competitions for 2yrs... only to back track and give them the slightest slap on the wrist.

So effectively since Man City had that leak they've been refusing to cooperate with the governing bodies investigating them, based on that there could be quite significant ramifications for those charges as well.

I reckon kick them if you do it consistently for over 10 years you need to be relegated. There was nothing even remotely special about City before they came into money and they have overspent and ruined the competitveness of this league for some time due to there oil money so if they have taken it to far 100 times over a decade they can cop the full punishment of relegation.

Interesting that Garnacho is starting.

I know Antony is out of today's game because of injury, but I was expecting Ten Hag to have Sancho start and Garnacho to continue playing that super sub style role.

It will be good to see how he goes.

The injuries are starting to mount up however and that's a concern.

United's depth is going to be tested.

What a terrible fucking start...

Down 1-0 already.

Leeds making it very difficult for United to find space.

**** me Ten Hag, can we just put Rashford up front and stop playing Weghorst?

Leeds almost scored another.

Wake the **** up guys.

Garnacho has been shocking with the ball so far.

We're missing Casemiro in the midfield.

Leeds are just forcing United back.

****!

How did you miss that Garnacho?!

Jeez that would have hurt.

Rashford didn't hold back with that shot. That would have been a painful falcon.

United need a goal before half time.

GARNACHO FOR ***** SAKE!

You fucked that one.

So Man City are in a bit of shit.

Essentially they are accused of over 100 financial breaches. They are accused of overstating their sponsorship income so they could spend more on players which is against the fair play rules. They are accused of other breaches, as well.

The punishment could be anything. Kicked out of the comp, stripping of previous titles, transfer bans, spending limits or just a simple points deduction.

I hope the PL come down hard and both kick them out and force them have to earn re-entry plus strip all titles gained during the period they were accused of breaking the rules which was 2009-2018.

But I get the feeling they will be hit with a fine and have spending limits imposed on them for a period of time, which would be a soft as **** punishment.

The only punishment that would hurt them would be something like points stripped or something like that, a monetary fine won't do shit. They're owned by a bunch of oil farmers, they'd much prefer a monetary fine.

Juventus did something recently in Serie A which was outside of the boundaries, they had points stripped in the current season, they'll be flat out qualifying for Europa as a result.

Shit half from United.

They have had quite a few chances to equalize but their execution has been shit.

How is that second goal from Leeds not a handball in the build-up??

Rashford has had 2 or 3 taken off him for accidental handballs already this year and that one was blatant

Active Now

• NSW stables
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Maddy
  • Harry Sack
  • Hurrijo
  • Morkel
  • winslow_wong
  • Allo
  • Santa
  • Fitzy
  • Broncorob
  • Cavalo
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • pennywisealfie
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Accept
  • Spoon
  • Porthoz
  • Sproj
  • kman
... and 9 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.