FOOTBALL English Premier League 23/24 Discussion

Ok time for us as well. So sick of early AM Monday games...

My new kits for the year arrived too finally. Just waiting on the 3rd now, it was already delayed so adding some more delay to it with Ronaldo printing 😂
It's why the bandwagoner thing never really stood up for Aus fans.

How can you be a bandwagoner when you wake up at 2-3am on the reg to watch the game? How many locals would do the same? Takes a bit of dedication to destroy your sleeping pattern for a team thousands of km's away.

How can you be a bandwagoner when you wake up at 2-3am on the reg to watch the game? How many locals would do the same? Takes a bit of dedication to destroy your sleeping pattern for a team thousands of km's away.

People wake up?

I don't even go to sleep. Makes the following day pretty fucking shitty if MU lose. Tired and pissed.

People wake up?

I don't even go to sleep. Makes the following day pretty fucking shitty if MU lose. Tired and pissed.
100%. If I sleep first I struggle to get up.

Mondays are generally a tired mess of a day at work so a Saturday night game is very welcomed.

That game was worth staying up for.

Ronaldo making an immediate impact with a double in his first game back in the PL.

Fernandes scoring an absolute pearler, as well.

Brilliant game. Up the Red Devils!

100%. If I sleep first I struggle to get up.

Mondays arr generally a tired mess of acday at work so a Saturday night game is very welcomed.

Much prefer the traditional saturday, 3pm ( uk time ) kick offs. What i was used to growing up with.

After being robbed for the first 3 weeks Wolves get a well deserved win. Gutted we didnt get more points from our first 3 games because we would be right up there.

Not much of a prediction but Newcastle and Norwich are odds on for relegation. Terrible football teams. Ronaldo couldnt have got a better side to re introduce himself to the Premier league against.

I get your point, but people just jump on the most successful sides when they dont have a local connection so it is just jumping on the bandwagon to a certain degree. In the 80's it would have been Liverpool instead of United. Probably be a lot of Citeh fans with the younger generation.

In terms of dedication, about 10 or 15 years ago, i flew back to watch Wolves play Crewe, then flew back here the next day. Only spent about a day in England. Never again.

Newcastle made it tough, 5 deep across the back and a deep midfield for the most part. Once Ronaldo got his goal on halftime I hoped it would open up.

Unfortunately we got too comfortable with the ball and Matic/Maguire got caught out and they got a goal.

Thankfully Shaws ball to Ronaldo was a peach and the lead was restored. Then late Newcastle had to push out a little and we were able to nab a couple more.

Ronaldo will be great for the team.

Still think we need McTominay back badly. If the plan is to play Pogba in a 2, you imo need more mobility than Matic currently offers.

In other games was good to see Wolves get a deserved win, and Romelu just cant stop scoring. Wish he hit this form with United.

Newcastle made it tough, 5 deep across the back and a deep midfield for the most part. Once Ronaldo got his goal on halftime I hoped it would open up.

Unfortunately we got too comfortable with the ball and Matic/Maguire got caught out and they got a goal.

Thankfully Shaws ball to Ronaldo was a peach and the lead was restored. Then late Newcastle had to push out a little and we were able to nab a couple more.

Ronaldo will be great for the team.

Still think we need McTominay back badly. If the plan is to play Pogba in a 2, you imo need more mobility than Matic currently offers.

In other games was good to see Wolves get a deserved win, and Romelu just cant stop scoring. Wish he hit this form with United.

Dont think Lukaku ever suited United, just wasnt the sort of striker they needed at the time. Ronaldo is going to help United a lot, but i still think they are just short of quality in that role Matic/Mctominay play. Neither would get anywhere near Citeh's side. Pleased they didnt try to get Neves from us as i just dont want to see him anywhere near United!

Come on with the major injuries for Liverpool this is ridiculous. Elliot was just finding his feet and bam! Ankle sideways. ****

Terrible injury. Gotta be honest, when I first saw the challenge I thought it wasn't a red - was just momentum that caught his leg and snap.

Terrible injury. Gotta be honest, when I first saw the challenge I thought it wasn't a red - was just momentum that caught his leg and snap.
There was a decent lunge from behind with a bit of a scissor in there and considering the injury I think it’s fair.

I couldn’t see myself complaining if it was against Liverpool.

There was a decent lunge from behind with a bit of a scissor in there and considering the injury I think it’s fair.

I couldn’t see myself complaining if it was against Liverpool.
Well they didn't show many replays so I didn't have much to go off!

Salah's reaction said a lot though.

Well they didn't show many replays so I didn't have much to go off!
I’ve seen worse only cop a yellow so….but it was unnecessary and now we’re without our starting attacking mid for probably the season.

devastated for the kid

Typical Manchester United performance.

Good one game, then drop a game they should win.

It looked like they went into this game thinking they were going to win easily. They were in cruise control, and then things became worse after Wan-Bissaka was sent just 35 minutes into the game.

Van de Beek had a really poor game. MU really need to go into the market for a quality midfielder.

And Lingard.. What the hell were you thinking? The decision to bring him on instead of Greenwood or Martial was a puzzling one.

Apart from the goal, Ronaldo was a bit meh.

If you play FM, you can relate a lot to that last minute winner at WANKDORF

I cant make my mind up. The rules state if the challenge is reckless and endangers another player, its a red. On first look i thought it was just a normal challenge that ended up sadly injuring Elliot, but on a couple of angles it does look like he follows through on him.

Typical Manchester United performance.

Good one game, then drop a game they should win.

It looked like they went into this game thinking they were going to win easily. They were in cruise control, and then things became worse after Wan-Bissaka was sent just 35 minutes into the game.

Van de Beek had a really poor game. MU really need to go into the market for a quality midfielder.

And Lingard.. What the hell were you thinking? The decision to bring him on instead of Greenwood or Martial was a puzzling one.

Apart from the goal, Ronaldo was a bit meh.

Van de Beek is a quality player, you only have to see what he did at Ajax to realise that, but United have both no clue how to get the best of him and have destroyed his confidence. Tbh, i cant see why they even signed him when they have Pogba and Fernandes who are both similar in that they are attack minded players. Wrong type of midfielder for what they need. They should be looking at Ndidi, Gueye or Kimmich. Mctominay and Fred are nowhere near good enough for where they are aiming, and neither is Ole as a manager really. The money they have spent and they are still nowhere near being title challengers.

Active Now

• Bucking Beads
  • Financeguy
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Broncos Maestro
  • Dash
  • BroncoFan94
  • Santa
  • cento
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Lurker
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Fatboy
  • Jazza
  • Johnny92
  • Allo
  • broncos4life
  • matthewransom34@ic
  • RolledOates
  • HarryAllan7
... and 10 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.