FOOTBALL English Premier League 23/24 Discussion

Brocko

Brocko

NRL Captain
Contributor
Feb 23, 2014
Any other EPL fans about on here?

Long time MUFC supporter myself, been over several times for games, first being when I was 6 with Dad and got myself a Beckham kit. Loved them ever since.

Good weekend to start the season for us, and some good football played.

I think we have signed well, probably could have used a defensive midfielder though.

Chelsea also looking good and have recruited well.

Hopefully a good season!

Fellow MUFC fan myself.

As usual, at the start of the season I’ll be confident this is the year we turn it around and become champions again, but as the season goes on and we start dropping games we should win, that confidence will nose dive.

But who knows? Maybe this is the year we turn it around!

Unsurprisingly, also a Man United fan. Decided to get in to Fantasy Premier League this season, so I've been putting a lot more time into it.

Enjoyable first game, Pogba & Bruno were brilliant.

Was very happy to see Spurs beat City last night as well. In fact any time City loses it's a very good day.

Another Man U fan here... have we all come out of the woodwork, because the club finally spent some cash!!

Great opening day with Bruno starring again. Still have Varane, Cavani and Rashford to bring into the squad along with Sancho to the starting side.

I think we needed to pick up a decent holding midfielder to go along with them, but will see how we go.

Not sure we're title contenders though with Chelsea bolstering their team further and City likely to splash their unlimited cash on Kane, but we should be top 4 comfortably along with Liverpool.

I've decided to get back into football this year after many years away.

I couldn't decide between Arsenal and Leeds back in the days, so it makes sense to choose between one of them. Leeds was due to Kewell and Viduka and Arsenal due to Henry.

Signed up for FPL this season as well. We'll see how we go.

Liverpool the budget buy team of the top 4.

I am excited to see konate with van dijk. That’s a nasty back two.

I've decided to get back into football this year after many years away.

I couldn't decide between Arsenal and Leeds back in the days, so it makes sense to choose between one of them. Leeds was due to Kewell and Viduka and Arsenal due to Henry.

I would go Leeds. Arsenal are in a right mess and play terrible football. Arteta is the spanish David Moyes. At least Leeds are entertaining and Bielsa is total loon.

Long time Liverpool tragic here too.

Thought we looked really good against Norwich considering it's the opening weekend. Plus, we were essentially missing our first choice midfield without Fabinho (though he was on the bench), Hendo and Thiago.

Brilliant to have VVD back, and looked like Bobby Firmino has found his touch again.

Hopefully Naby lad can stay fit and put a run of games together.

Cool that we have a few fans on here.

As someone else said I still don't see MUFC challenging for the title just yet. City's squad depth in these weird times where games are squished together once UCL starts up will be vital.

See how we go though. Just good to have it back.

I think we needed to pick up a decent holding midfielder to go along with them, but will see how we go.

I wouldn't mind signing Declan Rice from West Ham or Frenkie de Jong from Barca. I think either of them would be a good signing for United and help us a lot in the midfield.

I had a decent start, couple of late changes cost me about 10 points and a place in the top 10K, but I'll survive.

Thoughts on the whole wages/Messi situation? Tough times
The Messi thing wasn't so much a shock at this point, since he threatened to leave last year. What hurts is the PSG thing. I really wanted to see him build on his legacy, but PSG has very little chance of doing that, playing in a joke league. He could score 70 in France and people wouldn't care.

The money issues are very worrying. We're gonna be shit for a long time, I think.

Leeds vs Everton was a pretty good match. Great atmosphere with 36k supporters at Elland Road.

Ronaldo is reportedly pushing for a move to Manchester City. It's reported he wants to finish out his career in the Premier League.

If Manchester City land him and they weren't already favourites, they definitely would be after that. Manchester United could really do with a player like Ronaldo, but I don't think they have the budget.

Active Now

• winslow_wong
  • bb_gun
  • Mustafur
  • Fozz
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Sproj
  • Morkel
  • Financeguy
  • Organix
  • Brocko
  • Battler
  • Waynesaurus
  • Dash
  • Aldo
  • Mighty Bronx
  • broncsgoat
  • Foordy
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • westy316
  • TimWhatley
... and 20 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.