FOOTBALL English Premier League 23/24 Discussion

Not a bad win for Man United against West Ham.

Little disappointed with their offense, a couple of blown opportunities but thankfully Rashford scored from his.

Maguire finally did something useful stopping a certain goal from going in with 30 seconds left in the match. De Gea produced some real top notch saves in that match.

Should have won by more, but happy with the win.
Haven't seen the game yet, but happy to be getting the wins.

We've had a pretty tough draw to start the year so if we can keep picking them up through to the world cup hiatus then we should be in a good position from January onwards with Varane being back and Martial hopefully being fit.

The big question is depth and the jam packed schedule.... we've lost Varane for 2-3 weeks and suddenly Maguire is back for 6 games whilst he's out.

Martial has played 1.5 games out of about 20 for the year, but without him it's only CR7 and Rashford... and Ronaldo might be on the way out in January... but who knows if the shithouse owners will spend any money to replace him.

Donny might be able to cover for Eriksen and Bruno, but that's it for depth at CAM... and beyond Casemiro it's bloody McFred again.

I feel like we'll fade after the world cup because we just dont have squad depth to rotate or accommodate injuries. I feel we'll need to take a knee for the domestic cups and just focus on Europa and Top 4

Manchester United have got Barcelona in the Europa League knockout stages.

That's going to be an interesting one.

Rigged draw!!

Although getting knocked out of Europa may not be the worst.... there's a lot of good teams in Europa, including Arsenal.

So our best bet for Champions League next year might be focussing on top 4... no Europa, hopefully no Cara Cup and possibly no FA cup frees up the insanity that is our draw

Manchester United bounce back from their 3-1 loss to Aston Villa with a 4-2 win against them in the EFL Cup.

They have one more game before the break against Fulham, hopefully they win that one and keep the pressure on Tottenham.

Solid Win over wolves, 5 points ahead. Still think we may get run down but if we sign a few players in the transfer window who knows!

Solid Win over wolves, 5 points ahead. Still think we may get run down but if we sign a few players in the transfer window who knows!

Doesnt take much to beat us right now tbh!

VAR struck again to change the course of the game in Arsenals favour. Guedes clean through on goal, tripped by Saliba in the box. VAR or Attwell ( who i dont think i have ever seen have a good game as a ref ) dont even look at the thing. Should have been a clear penalty and a red card as he denied a goalscoring opportunity and that changes the game totally.

Still hopeful Lopetegui can turn us around. He's a quality manager but i think we have too much to do and we are pretty much down.

Ten Hag is set to offload Maguire.

Happy Season 3 GIF by The Office

Every Manchester United fan.

Happy Tom Cruise GIF

Doesnt take much to beat us right now tbh!

VAR struck again to change the course of the game in Arsenals favour. Guedes clean through on goal, tripped by Saliba in the box. VAR or Attwell ( who i dont think i have ever seen have a good game as a ref ) dont even look at the thing. Should have been a clear penalty and a red card as he denied a goalscoring opportunity and that changes the game totally.

Still hopeful Lopetegui can turn us around. He's a quality manager but i think we have too much to do and we are pretty much down.
If it's the moment I'm thinking of, he was ruled offside from the through ball so didn't count. Would have been a penalty and red card if he was on though.

It will be but Barcelona themselves have been quite ordinary, which may sound stupid because they're currently at the top of La Liga but they couldn't get past an Inter side who are currently sitting mid-table in Serie A

They went out and signed one of the best strikers in the world in Lewandowski but they still seem to struggle to put away chances against big clubs, the first leg against Bayern is absolutely a game they should have got something out of, yet they didn't. In the first half of that game they were undoubtedly the better team

I can see United going through, it wouldn't even be a shock

If it's the moment I'm thinking of, he was ruled offside from the through ball so didn't count. Would have been a penalty and red card if he was on though.
He was actually onside, the replays clearly show he was as well, so if VAR did its job it properly they would have cleared the offside then checked on the challenge for the penalty. VAR is just a joke. If he scored from that. Or it was a handball they would have checked it and I believe from what the head of the ref's in England is saying it should have been checked to see and they got it wrong by not having VAR tell the ref. As in the NRL, no consistency.

Will be interesting with both Utd and Pool up for sale.

Ronaldo gone from Manchester United.

I have no doubt that interview by Ronaldo was a way of forcing the club's hand. He is also going to be banned for his next two club games (whoever that's with) for an incident with a fan after Manchester United's match against Everton in April. Apparently he knocked a phone out of a fan's hand.

Given the history between Ronaldo and the club, a bit disappointing to see it end so bitterly.

Manchester United in the race to sign Cody Gakpo in January, Liverpool have joined them.

Sign him, Ten Hag. **** off, Liverpool.

I don't think we'll sign him, we don't really have a need for him at this stage.

If he was a CM....

I don't think we'll sign him, we don't really have a need for him at this stage.

If he was a CM....

Still think United lack players with the right attitudes to get them back up to the elite of English football. Fernandes, as good as he is, is another who throws strops at other players like Ronaldo was doing when things are going wrong and he goes missing when the going gets tough.

I agree with you though, they need midfielders. They have good players, but its an incredibly unbalanced group in that area. They really need some playing in that 25-28 year old bracket at the top of their game.

If he was a CM....

I have read that Liverpool are chasing Frenkie De Jong, along with Man United.

Active Now

• Foordy
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Broncosgirl
  • Mustafur
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.