ennis should never kick

bfoord said:
to me it seems that Ennis wanted to be the hero and kicked for himself even when there were far better options. i am thinking that more and more these days

Maybe Lockyer, Wallace and Ennis need to have a little chat.

Maybe Ennis needs to communicate. I'm pretty sure they would have words or numbers for plays. I also guarantee he doesn't look at his outside backs when grubbering or putting an across field bomb.
COMMUNICATE!

We will miss the positive stuff he does next year, but certainly not his hogging the ball or any part of his kicking game.

Ennis has a good short kicking game, but he really should leave the long kicking game to the pro's.

bfoord said:
to me it seems that Ennis wanted to be the hero and kicked for himself even when there were far better options. i am thinking that more and more these days
Exactly what I said when I was watching the game.

Ennis has always been a sole runner. So many times I have noticed him ignoring Wallace & Lockyers calls on either side of the ruck to do his owne thing. When it works. Great.. but when it doesn't it really lets down the team.

Seriously, what you've just said highlights why I won't miss Ennis at all. Yes, individually he can do some great things, but too often he puts himself above the team. I don't mind Ennis showing creativity when Lockyer or Wallace haven't got anything planned, but he takes it on himself far too often.

Is there a chance that Ennis is playing for himself first and the club second, I mean he knows he won't be here next year, he went on and on about wanting the blues job during s.o.o and the best way in his mind to have people looking at him, is to have the ball in his hands. I fully agree that he does some nice stuff and it's good that he hasn't followed so many other players and just handed the ball to locky each and every tackle, but somewhere along the way he decided he knew best most of the time OR he wants to get as much game time and time with the ball as possible to enhance his profile.

Yep. I agree. There's being soft and just giving it to Locky every play at one extreme, and then doing your own thing when Locky is screaming for it at the other.

Neither is good. If Locky wants the ball, you give it to him. Nobody has better vision than him, and it's usually because he's either set something up or has spotted something.

And he's the Australian Captain and pretty much the pinnacle of RL. When he screams for the ball, don't go the fucking blindside, where ther eis only Boyd and Kemp!!!!!

Active Now

• Sproj
  • Xzei
  • cento
  • Big Del
  • Foordy
  • Fozz
  • GCBRONCO
  • FACTHUNT
  • kiwi2
  • Fitzy
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.