NEWS Ex Bronco runs for Mayor

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
Broncos living legend, and former Palmer Party henchman, Greg Dowling is running for Mayor in the Cowboys' stronghold of Townsville.

Good luck getting your good name back, Dish Head.

Screenshot 2020 01 15 Madura McCormack on Twitter Former UAP candidate for Herbert Greg Dowlin

if he is still associated with Palmer, i don't like his chances

Last edited:
if he is still associated with Palmer, i don't like his chances

Yep
The current mayor Jenny hill is a shoo in to win again.
His best bet would be to contest a marginal ward seat although he would likely still be a long shot.
Like to know who is funding his campaign.

Yep
The current mayor Jenny hill is a shoo in to win again.
His best bet would be to contest a marginal ward seat although he would likely still be a long shot.
Like to know who is funding his campaign.
Mineralogy Pty Ltd (aka Clive Palmer) donated $100,000 to the campaign. Palmer himself has pledged (good luck ever seeing it) $50,000 of his own money. Dowling is making a half-arsed attempt to distance himself:

“Clive is an ally and he is supporting me, but it has nothing to do with him, running for his party … it has nothing to do with that whatsoever,” Mr Dowling said. “This is my campaign and that’s the point I’m trying to make."

I think if he wanted to distance himself a little more he might have chosen something other than pup colours.
Of all the pup politicians, I had the most time for Lazarus who seemed to genuinely approach policy trying to do the right thing and as a result thought more critically of his leaders actions.
That Greg Dowling hasnt learnt from the experiences of the likes of Lazarus and others suggests to me as a politician he makes a good prop.

Mineralogy Pty Ltd (aka Clive Palmer) donated $100,000 to the campaign. Palmer himself has pledged (good luck ever seeing it) $50,000 of his own money. Dowling is making a half-arsed attempt to distance himself:

“Clive is an ally and he is supporting me, but it has nothing to do with him, running for his party … it has nothing to do with that whatsoever,” Mr Dowling said. “This is my campaign and that’s the point I’m trying to make."

For some reason this doesn’t surprise me.
I suppose Clive will get some of his money back if Dowling gets 4% of the vote and qualifies for electoral funding.
I would expect that would be part of whatever arrangement it is they have.

I think if he wanted to distance himself a little more he might have chosen something other than pup colours.
Of all the pup politicians, I had the most time for Lazarus who seemed to genuinely approach policy trying to do the right thing and as a result thought more critically of his leaders actions.
That Greg Dowling hasnt learnt from the experiences of the likes of Lazarus and others suggests to me as a politician he makes a good prop.
For some reason this doesn’t surprise me.
I suppose Clive will get some of his money back if Dowling gets 4% of the vote and qualifies for electoral funding.
I would expect that would be part of whatever arrangement it is they have.
Palmer is shithouse rat cunning. Whatever it looks like he's up to, you can safely bet there's a different play at stake. At face value it looks like he's bankrolling Dish Head to badmouth and financially inconvenience Jenny Hill, acting out one of his many vendettas.

Rule of thumb: do business with Clive, get shafted.

Last edited:
Turns out Palmer - through Mineralogy - has donated $502,833.33 to Dish Head's campaign, the largest in QLD electoral history. That's almost double the second largest: the notorious - and now defunct - United Voice trade union's donation to the QLD Labor Party last year.

He must really be special.

Last edited:

Active Now

• Battler
  • Brocko
  • broncos4life
  • kiwi2
  • KateBroncos1812
  • FACTHUNT
  • Rambstien
  • Organix
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Mr Fourex
  • Mustafur
  • Aldo
  • broncsgoat
  • Morkel
  • BroncosAlways
  • Galah
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • Foordy
  • Wolfie
  • Justwin
... and 34 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.