Excited about next year

Hodges had an ordinary year and we're looking for a forward leader. What's the chances of Hodges going to fullback and Hunt going to lock? Going to fullback may be what Hodges needs after this disaster year.

I think like a lot of years it will come down to atitude and injuries. Henjack will do little to rock the boat in the first season and we will have the cattle to do the job if they are up for it and are injury free. Wait n see I guess, but I don't rate next year any higher or lower than any of the last two years where we have lost a heap of players each year and it made no real difference, had the atitude been right and the players not been injured we would have been at the top both years... so it's all about atitude and injuries, the staff and the playing roster is as good as any club really. Fingers crossed things go okay.

I am also very keen on seeing how McCullough develops, from all reports he is a gun so hopefully he turns into the long term hooker the Broncos have been looking for!!

The Rock said:
dazzatsurf said:
Hodges had an ordinary year and we're looking for a forward leader. What's the chances of Hodges going to fullback and Hunt going to lock? Going to fullback may be what Hodges needs after this disaster year.

Forward leader? Hunt? lol.

Hunt would be so shit as a forward. He's neeed to pile on 10gk for starters.

Seriously, Hunt is one of the best fullbacks in the world. Why the hell would we need to move him.

While we are talking about piling on some weight. Corey Parker needs to get a few protein shakes in him, he is WAY to lean to be an effective back rower.

The Rock said:
dazzatsurf said:

Forward leader? Hunt? lol.

Hunt would be so shit as a forward. He's neeed to pile on 10gk for starters.

Seriously, Hunt is one of the best fullbacks in the world. Why the hell would we need to move him.

Could go okay as a ball playing lock, but IMO that'd be after next year once Locky's gone and we're probably going to need to add a bit to our halves.

Dunno about the putting on ten kilos thing as a necessity though. Dallas Johnson and David Stagg go okay, to name a couple of slightly built backrowers.

Beads6 said:
I am also very keen on seeing how McCullough develops, from all reports he is a gun so hopefully he turns into the long term hooker the Broncos have been looking for!!

But we found one this year...

m1c said:
Beads6 said:

But we found one this year...

I know but he is gone, plus it will be much better if he comes through our junior ranks and stays with us. I am sick of us buying heaps of players like we have in the last 2 seasons!

What happens if we do lose our 2 star players that have allegedly done the wrong thing?? Will we still be excited??

We will be in deep Sh****. Especially if the million dollar buy gets outed with an injury at the beginning of the season. No not excited about next year at all. [icon_non
Wait and see for me atm.
Not rushing to get a season pass. As are many other Bronc supporters.

We can't be worried if Izzy is going to be injured because we can't control that at all. Hopefully he will be ok all season and it isn't Izzy's fault that we lost 5 players to accommodate him.

Steve said:
We'll have a new coach with a number of new players (Izzy FTW!!) and a new culture. So what needs to happen?

Who says we'll have a new culture?? I think for a new culture to be brought in, some personell changes would have to be made, and they wouldn't be the ones that people are hoping for.

What IMO Henjak needs to do is pull the troops together from day dot. We need to torture them with work in the preseason - a nice, big boot camp. No sh*t pulled, no acting up just because Benny has left. I want each and every one of them to know that they have responsibilities and can choose to do whatever they like, but they will pay for any actions out of line regardless of who they are.

IMO our biggest challenge next year lies in getting our forwards to step up to the plate, play as a team and reach their potential. All the emphasis on momentum and being able to run hard for your first hit up of the night, your last hit up of the night and every single one in between. Hunt, Folau, Izzy, Locky and Wallace running the backline is one of the most impressive I've seen this decade. Will all come to naught if we don't focus on momentum.

mick! said:
What IMO Henjak needs to do is pull the troops together from day dot. We need to torture them with work in the preseason - a nice, big boot camp.

Personally, I'd like to see the Boot Camp thing scrapped this pre-season. They have done it to death. New team, new era, new methods IMO. I know thats a double-edged blade, but they should try something fresh. Maybe a survival course up in Tully? lol

I don't know, but something fresh and new, I agree it still needs to be shocking and challenging.

The assisstant coaches are one of my biggest hopes for the team next year. Alf will help Wallace add a whole new dimension to his game, while at the same time his attitude should make training and playing a bit more fun for all the players. Webcke can teach the forwards how not to be soft like they were this year, and if things go awry off field he'll have a steadying influence on the young blokes.

Unread

Active Now

No members online now.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.