Excuses

B

beenie

Aug 3, 2019
Why does the coach keep telly us about the youth and inexperiencence in the team when he let five (5) internations go?

Because it's correct. He also said some players will cop it this week, and some are still playing for themselves.

It's only fair to give some of these guys the benefit of the doubt given how raw they are, and how much they are trying.

Maybe he let them go so he can use this excuse.

Why are we surprised the team got smashed by the Storm? Even back in 06, that GF victory was somewhat unexpected.

That said, the side doesn’t do enough defensively. It isn’t just against the $torm, there is way too much standing off and watching in this side. Smith was picking off the marker holes with ease last night and there were plenty of said holds by guys tracking way too far left or right from marker and the just guy behind standing and watching thinking there’s no danger.

Why are we surprised the team got smashed by the Storm? Even back in 06, that GF victory was somewhat unexpected.

That said, the side doesn’t do enough defensively. It isn’t just against the $torm, there is way too much standing off and watching in this side. Smith was picking off the marker holes with ease last night and there were plenty of said holds by guys tracking way too far left or right from marker and the just guy behind standing and watching thinking there’s no danger.

Didn't expect to win, but what they did last night wasn't expected, or acceptable for mine.

Didn't expect to win, but what they did last night wasn't expected, or acceptable for mine.

It certainly isn’t acceptable but almost every year since I can’t remember, the Storm have smashed Brisbane in Brisbane. This is certainly not unprecedented, in fact it seems like regular service resuming.

It certainly isn’t acceptable but almost every year since I can’t remember, the Storm have smashed Brisbane in Brisbane. This is certainly not unprecedented, in fact it seems like regular service resuming.

I'm not surprised at what happened. I guess I just was expecting this team with their finals on the line, to at least look like they wanted to win.

Because it's correct. He also said some players will cop it this week, and some are still playing for themselves.

It's only fair to give some of these guys the benefit of the doubt given how raw they are, and how much they are trying.
Also the fact we are playing guys out of position.

That comes back to bad recruitment and backups in key positions for mine. Not an excuse, because it probably shouldn't happen.
Exactly.
I did touch on this in another thread.

To be fair though, what team has four first grade calibre halves on their books?

Cos currently, the top three are out injured or just returnIngrid from long ones.

That said, no reserve fullback was just stupid.

I think round 20 is a bit late in the season to be giving benefit of doubt. By now they should be well aware of the coachs game plans and team mates ability

I think round 20 is a bit late in the season to be giving benefit of doubt. By now they should be well aware of the coachs game plans and team mates ability

Last night we had a dude playing his 3rd NRL match.

Pretty sure this thread should be in Broncos Talk, fam. :)

Pretty sure this thread should be in Broncos Talk, fam. :)

Fixed.

giphy.gif

Lets put this into prospective then

1/ We had NO halves playing last night (ZERO, NADA, ZILCH)
2/ We have a real 9 being forced to play at 7
3/ We have a proper fullback playing his 4th game at 1 in over 3 years
4/ We had an injured forward playing at centre
5/ We had Bird (nsw/aus centre), Gillett (qld/aus forward), SOS, Dearden and TPJ (x-factor) all out
6/ We have probably the youngest most exciting team in the comp, who have only played a hand full of games
7/ We played the number 1 team in the comp who fielded a full strength team. The same team full of Jnr Broncos rejects that always seem to have a point to prove

And some were expecting us to win?????

We’re lucky we didn’t get smacked by more,

Why did we get rid of the experienced players?????
We moved on some experienced over paid and somewhat overrated players so that we could re-sign some of the younger talent coming through. These released experienced players that some on here are complaining about are where exactly on the ladder?

On a side note, Here’s hoping we can move on from either Macca or Boyd next season (unlikely probability)

Bottom line & as much as this hurts we need to be more patient.

My thoughts exactly.

I sit just in front of Seibolds box and thought during the game his demeanour suggested his expectations were also dented.

Our RH defence was exposed by other teams and the purple ones attacked there incessantly. Firstly with kicks and then simply running the ball that way.

Our defence coach and RH edge need to give themselves uppercuts until they get it right. No excuses for it to be happening game after game.

Active Now

• Sproj
  • Foordy
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Mustafur
  • jd87
  • Stix
  • Johnny92
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Battler
  • Fitzy
  • GCBRONCO
  • Organix
  • Culhwch
  • Morkel
  • BRC088
  • BroncosAlways
  • Bish
  • FACTHUNT
  • bazza
  • big k
... and 6 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.